• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Yeah it's kind of an oddball issue - if you look at your badges page, it will say that you can still get card drops from playing the meta game. This is the only time in the history of ever where your card drop eligibility has been tied to something that's not the standard "run this game".

Thus Idle Master tries to idle the "game" and crashes when it can't find the header image. A fix should be along shortly.

Chariot

how xenophobic of you Chariot
Do you know who helped the US-americans in their independence? Right. The French. The USA is nothing but a continent sized muppet show with french fists beneath. Look how France manipulated the USA into joining the war effort by sucking ass.

Asgaro

Sounds like me, gone online in 97 and used AOL (from time to time). First thing I went to was a gaming forum.

The first time I browsed the internet on my own, AFAICanRemember, was on the work laptop of my dad.

To print walkthrough information of caves in Pokémon Yellow. Damn, good times... :D

---

I ordered a new smartphone (Current one is 5 years old (Samsung Wave S8500) and doesn't run either Android nor iOS. I've literally been living UNDER A ROCK for the last 5 years regarding mobile platforms and their capabilities.)
One of the things I'm eager to install, is emulators to play Pokémon Yellow and stuff :D

Man, the normal enemies on Level 40 are some of the spongiest, most annoying enemies I've ever seen.

The Boss was easy -- trying to take down these infinitely respawning guys when they have more health than the earlier bosses is nuts.

derExperte

captureplbb4.png

löl

Shadownet

Banned
How the hell are some of you level 30 already? I've been going at it but I'm still level 10. The level 10 boss still going on. Taking like 30 mins already..

xBladeM6x

Just a random thought, but I really wish Steam's review system had two different ratings. One for how the actual game is, from a design perspective, like graphics, gameplay story, and the other specifically for how well the game runs / optimization.

rtcn63

How the hell are some of you level 30 already? I've been going at it but I'm still level 10. The level 10 boss still going on. Taking like 30 mins already..

I just did the recommended auto-cannon + periodically resuming the game to upgrade stuff and I'm level 35.

BruteUA

That sucks dude.

Hopefully BruteUA has played the copy he won from me.

Or I will find him and destroy him.

I've played a bit, but lately was playing CS:GO hoping to get some drops to sell before the sale. I got nothing, and will be playing more W3 in the very near future. So no need to go Taken on me.

rtcn63

I've been saving up for the Explosive Rounds upgrade since I thought that might be the most useful upgrades to get.

Or am I wrong.

I don't know actually. Are the alternate rounds separate from the auto-fire cannon? They have different damages, unless that's added on when applicable?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
And that's after complaining about the sale coming too soon.
I don't know, sounds a bit unhealthy tbh but then some other people are buying graphics cards like there's no tomorrow. Or SSDs. Which reminds me that we haven't seen Dr Dogg in a while.

Haha, I still would have preferred July! Who knows, maybe now I'll put some of my tax refund towards a new monitor. ;)

Shadownet

Banned
I don't know actually. Are the alternate rounds separate from the auto-fire cannon? They have different damages, unless that's added on when applicable?
I just noticed that whenever I do upgrade Explosive Rounds. My damage per second get doubled.

It cost a lot to upgrade however.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
1x Explosive Rounds is basically 10x Armor Piercing Rounds
1x Advanced Targeting is 10x Auto-fire Cannon

Just do whichever is the better value for money.

rtcn63

Good! I've actually been upgrading those already.

EDIT: For me it didn't affect the auto-fire, only the manual click. Unless my game is being weird again.

cyba89

I'm level 30 with like 15 minutes of active playtime from myself. So I guess my team is kinda good.
But now we are stuck with monsters respawning faster than we can kill them. Have to grind now.

Oh god. This is getting addicting.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So the only way to beat Steam is to make sure literally the only way to get a Steam copy is by purchasing directly through Steam. Also make the Steam version the most expensive version (not counting Russian pricing abuse).

And even then you still barely beat Steam.

Jazz573

I want to stick to a budget of no more than $200, what should I get in that case?

Right now I have the Metro Redux bundle, Hotline Miami 2, Ziggurat, and The Binding of Isaac Rebirth, in my cart. Do you think that should be good enough for today?

Shantom

So the only way to beat Steam is to make sure literally the only way to get a Steam copy is by purchasing directly through Steam. Also make the Steam version the most expensive version (not counting Russian pricing abuse).

And even then you still barely beat Steam.

Don't forget GPU bundling.

I do hope that CDPR's aggressiveness over this leads to more developers considering GOG as an option as well as Steam.

Shadownet

Banned
I'm level 30 with like 15 minutes of active playtime from myself. So I guess my team is kinda good.
But now we are stuck with monsters respawning faster than we can kill them. Have to grind now.

Oh god. This is getting addicting.
My team sucks. Been at level 10 for more than an hour now. Boss been long dead but minions keep respawning.

cyba89

I want to stick to a budget of no more than $200, what should I get in that case?

Right now I have the Metro Redux bundle, Hotline Miami 2, Ziggurat, and The Binding of Isaac Rebirth, in my cart. Do you think that should be good enough for today?

There are ten more days so do the math.

Uzzy

You've got ten days to get Transistor, The Swapper, Claire, Transistor, Legend of Korra, Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut, Transistor, Company of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault, Apotheon, Valkyria Chronicles, Transistor and Transistor. This list may be expanded upon.

You've got ten days to get Transistor, The Swapper, Claire, Transistor, Legend of Korra, Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut, Transistor, Company of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault, Apotheon, Valkyria Chronicles, Transistor and Transistor. This list may be expanded upon.

you forgot transistor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom