• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

LOL at the 1 poor guy who lost on the list... Everyone else got what they entered for... :)

Mean but I chuckled when I came back to see results and thanks again fenners.

That was me. :eek: But it's okay, played through Stalker years ago and just never got around to buying it for Steam.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Price mistakes happen every sale. Why do the devs even have to justify anything.

I hate steam sale week

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
theres precedence for this kind of bullshit already though
if a man can fire someone just because of a grudge(Konami ceo firing Kojima) then anything is possible

That's pretty specious reasoning, though. You might as well say that it's possible because man is capable of anything as evidenced by the moon landing and world wars.

All of my Reviews on Steam have disappeared. Has this happened to anyone else?

edit: My wishlist is gone too. I guess Steam is freaking out right now.

That's pretty specious reasoning, though. You might as well say that it's possible because man is capable of anything as evidenced by the moon landing and world wars.

It is pretty hilarious actually. Now that kojima was fired, we now know anything is possible. Never before has something so incredible occurred to shake my faith in reality.

uqTNqTh.png

This has got to be most concurrently played game worldwide at the moment.

Maniac

Banned
What? Oculus has Oculus exclusive titles?

I remember Palmer said sth. before that this wouldnt be the case. Now I kinda think that the FB deal was not a good idea at all...

Yup. Palmer said they would never create, or otherwise pay developers to make exclusives for their HMD, because in order for VR to succeed, it would have to be open...

... Guess he was talking out of his arse considering the state of the Rift API and these announcements. It also makes sense that Valve dove head-first into VR. After the Facebook buyout, Oculus became secretive, which I suppose is to be expected, and no longer communicated with Valve... Guess it was good Valve dove in, otherwise we'd be getting the short end of the stick as consumers. They're atleast giving us a fighting chance, or something.

And their controller solution isn't as terrible as Oculus', so that's nice and all.
uqTNqTh.png

This has got to be most concurrently played game worldwide at the moment.

I'm... Surprised we're not seeing some sort of rare droppable cosmetic items for CSGO ore Dota 2, TF2 etc, much like the Winter sale. Really, really surprised by it tbh.

Oh well, atleast I can, uh, click stuff.
league of legends

:>

Hard to say since Riot (or, err, roit, as we(?) call it) consistently inflates their own numbers for marketing purposes. :p

Teggy

Best deal on Steam right now:

CDN$ 67.65 (66% off regular price). Canada only.

It's only part of the TellTale bundle.

BTW, this game isn't very good, this coming from a L&O fanatic.

Witcher 3 is so gooood. But hairworks makes my framerate drop down to 45 or so way too often so no fuzzy animals for me :(

Yup. Palmer said they would never create, or otherwise pay developers to make exclusives for their HMD, because in order for VR to succeed, it would have to be open...

... Guess he was talking out of his arse considering the state of the Rift API and these announcements. It also makes sense that Valve dove head-first into VR. After the Facebook buyout, Oculus became secretive, which I suppose is to be expected, and no longer communicated with Valve... Guess it was good Valve dove in, otherwise we'd be getting the short end of the stick as consumers. They're atleast giving us a fighting chance, or something.

And their controller solution isn't as terrible as Oculus', so that's nice and all.

Yeah. I was wondering why some Devs somehow after the FB acquire distanced themselves from Oculus.
While I thought during that time it was a good move to have such a prominent partner, now I can see why some devs distanced themselves.

So it will be a Vive it seems.

Turfster

Steam keys now available on IndieGameStand for
  • Elements Soul of Fire
  • In Exilium
  • Moon sliver
  • Drive to hell
  • Bravada
  • Airship Dragoon
  • Siege of Turtle Enclave

Maniac

Banned
Yeah. I was wondering why some Devs somehow after the FB acquire distanced themselves from Oculus.
While I thought during that time it was a good move to have such a prominent partner, now I can see why some devs distanced themselves.

So it will be a Vive it seems.

It's funny though, Valve has shared a buttload of stuff with Oculus both when it comes to tech, software, hardware and even friggin employees, and now Oculus are keeping everything under tight wraps, corporate secrets and all that shit.

Going from wanting everything to be open, free, shared and hippie-esque to this is... Quite a leap. It's a shame that Valve lost a good deal of incredible developers to 'em.

... Valve could easily sue the hell out of them and get a ton of money, but that's... Unlike Valve, which I suppose is why we haven't seen such a suit.

Though I'm not surprised that Luckey's former employers aswell as Zenimax are suing Oculus for that sweet Social Media Moolah
is this a "seems like" thing like that rockstar thing

or are u gonna back that up >:3
Googling really isn't that hard, like with all the Pendragon stuff and whatnot. I can't be bothered personally, though - Sorry! Tired and it's 2 AM here, so lets call it a 'seems', although Riot atleast used to quote "players" as being an account having been created, whether or not the account had seen activity within half a year or even at all.

the "Boss" is dead in this game and there's still over 500 people in the lane where nothing is happening...so stuck at level 10 because I think I'm in a game where the majority of people are just sitting there idling away

Poetic

Hope This War of Mine gets a daily/flash for 75% off, I'll definitely jump in for $5.

I grabbed D4 because 20% is apparently as cheap as it's going to get for a bit. Been wanting to play.

zkylon

zkylewd
Googling really isn't that hard, like with all the Pendragon stuff and whatnot. I can't be bothered though, sorry. So lets call it a 'seems', although Riot atleast used to quote "players" as being an account having been created, whether or not the account had seen activity within half a year or even at all.
so it's the same as like half of steam's userbase being bots?

Lain

the "Boss" is dead in this game and there's still over 500 people in the lane where nothing is happening...so stuck at level 10 because I think I'm in a game where the majority of people are just sitting there idling away

My game says I've been stuck on level 10 for 3 hours.

Ozium

got back into the clicker game and whereas before we were stuck, just beat the level 30 boss in 1 minute and cleared the level 30 seconds later..

on level 35 now after being stuck on 15 before steam crashed

Shadownet

Banned
Yeah same thing is happening to me. 345 people just sitting there like idiots.

Maniac

Banned
so it's the same as like half of steam's userbase being bots?

Clarified wot I said a bit just so ya know <3, tired as hell. Anyway... I... Err, have no clue about that. :p

edit: tired is an understatement, I nearly just slammed my head onto my desk. I'm going to bed. Btw Jurassic World is coo', real coo'. I like dinosaurs and I wish I had one.

I'd also like a de-fanged headcrab though, like Lamarr. Lamarr's awesome.

edit: Also I've already bought like 5 games or something, yay sale yay!

zkylon

zkylewd
got my first massive chalice crash while having volvoclicker on the background

is there one thing that isn't totally terrible about this thing

I guess I'm just ridding the coattails of people. I'm at level 70
nevermind..

Clarified wot I said a bit just so ya know <3, tired as hell. Anyway... I... Err, have no clue about that. :p

also for the record

the word "pendragon" triggers hatesyourguts mode zky

so now u know how to stay on my good side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom