• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oipic

Not really, you only have to get into a game once, and then you are technically "playing" and thus eligible for card drops. I know a lot of people couldn't even do that earlier, but anyone who's made the effort after about 3 hours after the start of the sale has at least gotten that far. Even during that first few hours, most people were getting into games, they were just not loading properly.

For what it's worth and for reference, I was unable to join a game until about 4 hours ago, or about 11 or so hours after the sale and mini-game kicked off.

I may have just been unlucky with my timing, and I admittedly only tried every 30 minutes or so, but if you factor in time zones and a potential 11 hour window of error messages etc, it's conceivable that some folks may not have been able to participate yet (or might've only recently joined in the clickity fun of it all).

Chariot

d10RUyD.png

Well, that boss was dead fast.

BHK3

Banned
Got two people to buy The Talos Principle. One hasn't said anything about the story and is enjoying the gameplay, the other one is like legit scared because of the way the games story is making him think. Really interesting to watch other people play this.

Arthea

For what it's worth and for reference, I was unable to join a game until about 4 hours ago, or about 11 or so hours after the sale and mini-game kicked off.

I may have just been unlucky with my timing, and I admittedly only tried every 30 minutes or so, but if you factor in time zones and a potential 11 hour window of error messages etc, it's conceivable that some folks may not have been able to participate yet (or might've only recently joined in the clickity fun of it all).

you aren't just unlucky, that seems to be a major problem with this game, there are others too.
I couldn't join for very long myself, even if I was technically in a game, there was no game to play, it never loaded and many people seem to be unable to join at all (get error message, try later), not that they try as many times as I did, but still

tmarg

Actually, what is it for if not bosses?

Best use is usually to clear a lane that is lagging way behind the other two. If you are stuck on a level for a long time because of just one lane, you are wasting ~2/3 of your teams dps, often for several minutes.

Sorry for misleading you =(

Don't worry too much about it or you'll be left alone on some planet. :p

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Clap your hands
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Stranded -- MB-2B8B1761BE81C786 - Taken by Diedac. 9 entrants total.

t1434109462z1.png

Poetic

Haven't been able to connect to the game yet, only one guy on my friend's list has and his team is level 87. So I'm stuck until they fix the button I guess.

Madn

I used to think I didn't like point-and-click games, but I've been enjoying the mobile ones from the Artifex Mundi humble bundle. I liked that they had more puzzles and less walking around in the world trying to figure out where to go next than the others I played and didn't like. Is it because i'm new to the genre and not very good at them or are there many different types? If so, are there any games similar to the Artifex Mundi ones but not from them, as from what I've seen they tend to recycle their puzzles from game to game.

Arthea

I used to think I didn't like point-and-click games, but I've been enjoying the mobile ones from the Artifex Mundi humble bundle. I liked that they had more puzzles and less walking around in the world trying to figure out where to go next than the others I played and didn't like. Is it because i'm new to the genre and not very good at them or are there many different types? If so, are there any games similar to the Artifex Mundi ones but not from them, as from what I've seen they tend to recycle their puzzles from game to game.

Artifex Mundi games were huge surprise for me too, I like them a lot, I wouldn't even have bought any of them if someone in steam thread talked me into playing one, now I've played most. I really like puzzles and most of their games are good.

edited: I think their games are exceptional, I tried playing other hidden object-puzzle-adventure games and hated all of those.

Madn

Artifex Mundi games were huge surprise for me too, I like them a lot, I wouldn't even have bought any of them if someone in steam thread talked me into playing one, now I've played most. I really like puzzles and most of their games are good.

edited: I think their games are exceptional, I tried playing other hidden object-puzzle-adventure games and hated all of those.

I see, that's a bummer :/
I guess I'll stick with their games, then. Thanks for the input!

Arthea

I see, that's a bummer :/
I guess I'll stick with their games, then. Thanks for the input!

they are very productive, though, so you might have enough of this particular type of games just playing their games.
oh btw, I think that Nightmares from the Deep are their best series.

Layton games were all right as well, pity they are locked onto a dead/dying platform. :\

yeah, I haven't played any newer ones, only The Curious Village

Madn

they are very productive, though, so you might have enough of this particular type of games just playing their games.
oh btw, I think that Nightmares from the Deep are their best series.

Cool, I went to look for them on Steam and immediatly recognized the banner as I think they're almost always in the midweek sale. I never bothered to check what they were because I didn't like the banner (that's mostly what I base myself on when checking sales with lots of games) but now I'll keep an eye out for them!

Did you find them to vary? As I said in my previous post my only complaint was that I found a couple of puzzles identical to some from other games

Layton games were all right as well, pity they are locked onto a dead/dying platform. :\

I should probably also check Layton. I do have a 3DS. Should I start with the DS ones or just pick the last one?

derExperte

108 while some groups of other GAFers are close to 200. Wonder how many bosses Valve made.

What about Infected: The Twin Vaccine? Haven't gotten to it myself yet but that should be good.

Have you tried the Sherlock Holmes one? Hound of the Baskervilles. I quite enjoyed it and it's the closest in feel to Artifex I've found.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

Yeah, Artifex Mundi games are great!

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
What about Infected: The Twin Vaccine? Haven't gotten to it myself yet but that should be good.

It was ok

Have you tried the Sherlock Holmes one? Hound of the Baskervilles. I quite enjoyed it and it's the closest in feel to Artifex I've found.

This one was not bad at all :)

edit: ups, sorry for the double post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom