• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asgaro

Holy shit, what do you guys make of this:

CHQV-yrWgAAPjZ3.png:large

Rockstar is DONE.

BigAT

Is there any way to increase the number of games that appear in your recent games list when you right click the system tray icon?

I hope I don't get flagged for abuse. I just put in for refunds for like 4 different games I purchased, only 1 of them was purchased within the past 2 weeks. All of them have less than 2 hours playtime. In fact, only 1 has an hour played, and the rest less than 30 minutes. They're all cheapo games bought on sale, ranging from 99 cents to maybe 4 or 5 bucks, but I ended up really regretting those purchases for one reason or another.

I probably should have went through my library before but because pixel piracy had me check that out, it got me thinking I can (if they allow me to) purge all my regretful purchases of the past that at least meet the 2 hour playtime restriction. I'd imagine doing this during the summer sale will only add to the amount of time it takes to get a refund if I get them.

Honestly I am usually pretty good about buying things, especially games. But these steam sales, they put you on a time limit and you definitely get suckered into buying things you would not otherwise purchase I think.

I really wish they instituted this policy earlier. I even have a game that I bought full retail price that later became converted into a f2p game. This f2p game gave the people who bought the game shit really and one of the things was a timed booster that activated immediately and ran out before I could even make use of it. A few months later the game died. I just have too many hours played (60), tried to get value out of my purchase after all, to reasonably request a refund.

PS:
I now have requested a refund for 1 game I have more than 2 hours with. It is a game I bought in EA during a sale. Again, pretty cheap game clocking in at only 4 bucks, but really... really wish I could have refunded this game when I bought it initially.

So like... what is the deal on what is "abuse"? If I have a game I bought 2-3 years ago that has < 2 hours on it, and it is definitely a game that plays for much more than 2 hours (like 10-20), would valve see this request as abuse? Is it the number of requests?

I look at my library of 200 games, and I think that valve shouldn't see this as abuse since even if they refund all 5 games, that is still like a mere 2.5% refund rate.

sprinkles

I bought D4 because it seems to be a hidden Flash Sale, the -20% only last 5 more hours. But I am not mad, because that makes D4 my game #1111, and way better than games #500 (Bad Rats) and #1000 (Secret of the Magic Crystals) were.

Grief.exe

I don't see the point of pixel piracy. I played it for about 30 minutes and I don't really see much depth to the game at all.

And while it hadn't even crossed my mind before purchasing it, I think this might be the first game I put in for a refund, even though it is only 2 dollars.

I guess some people enjoy it since it has a high positive review rating. I just don't get what makes this game fun.

Valve may consider abuse when treating Steam as a glorified rental service. Taking into account your other post as well.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

t1cxE6r.gif
Hegemony Rome The Rise of Caesar -- MB-DAC4E1D1ACC2B0DD - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Talisman Digital Edition -- MB-1D4E1EE5B6F690B8 - Taken by Belgarion

Locust

Valve may consider abuse when treating Steam as a glorified rental service. Taking into account your other post as well.
I refunded like 7 inventory copies of an Early Acccess game that released a month ago and is now 50% off with no proper updates in between.

At 5 or so refunds you start getting extra notes in the refund approval message:
"You’ve requested a bunch of refunds recently. If you’re unsure about a product, make sure to check out the customer reviews before purchasing."
"You’ve requested a bunch of refunds recently. Please keep in mind that refunds are not a method for trying out games. If we think the refund system is being misused we’ll decline to grant future refunds."

OK, just noticed that Valkyria Chronicles is on sale, and at a rock-bottom price!

My wishlist is now one entry shorter.

A grand total of two things on the Steam summer sale, bought, and they total up to USD 7.33 equivalent. Not even 10 bucks! (Moving back to my home country does wonders to pricing...)

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

I7Ufybq.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-70D92420C0115C40 - Taken by PetriP-TNT

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

I7Ufybq.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-70D92420C0115C40 - Taken by PetriP-TNT

This was -80% for BLACKGUARDS SPECIAL EDITION on GOG, if anyone wants it I can pass it along.

I refunded like 7 inventory copies of an Early Acccess game that released a month ago and is now 50% off with no proper updates in between.

At 5 or so refunds you start getting extra notes in the refund approval message:
"You’ve requested a bunch of refunds recently. If you’re unsure about a product, make sure to check out the customer reviews before purchasing."
"You’ve requested a bunch of refunds recently. Please keep in mind that refunds are not a method for trying out games. If we think the refund system is being misused we’ll decline to grant future refunds."

"You’ve requested a bunch of refunds recently. Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru."

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Had this lying around in my inventory for a while

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sub Zero, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Dungeon Defenders Collection -- MB-FBDA7A5C20BD0A6F - Taken by Mobius and pet octopus

Steam chat working for anyone? it just died for me and I can't seem to connect again, it just shows me as disconnected and seems not to work.
edit: nvm, now it works

Artifex Mundi games were huge surprise for me too, I like them a lot, I wouldn't even have bought any of them if someone in steam thread talked me into playing one, now I've played most. I really like puzzles and most of their games are good.

edited: I think their games are exceptional, I tried playing other hidden object-puzzle-adventure games and hated all of those.

Ditto. I've enjoyed almost all the Artifex Mundi games, they strike the right balance of hidden-object and light-adventure game. And I dig their bonkers settings (Abyss s set in a direct ripoff of Rapture from Bioshock, the nautical series goes from ghost pirates to Cthulian horrors, etc. The ones developed by others but published by them are still pretty decent. They're great to have on the laptop since they're not remotely system-demanding.

But yeah, the dropoff to other publishers seems pretty brutal. If anyone has non-Artifex recommendations i'm all ears.

msFijfe.png

Meh, I'll just leave the tab open and hopefully my team carries me to 100, and when you beat the final boss (Mecha Gabe) he comes to congratulate you personally.

Instead of coming down in a bitchin' starfighter and having lizard skin, he shows up in a Coffee-and-Fish fueled fying hat that's bristling with knives.

(okay, now to make a GIF of the Last Starfighter doing "death blossom" but shooting out discounts instead of lasers)

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
I just don't get the Monster Game. Does it reset everday? Now I'm at level 0 without any gold and I can't join a game >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom