• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Oh, it's the Steam sale.... I hope REmake gets 50-75% on a daily. I'd also like to finish my Nightmares from the Deep trilogy. Dragon Ball might be able to convince me on a daily... I have $7.50 credit.

Maniac

Banned
It is 3.

Over a 24 hour period, that is.

E: Oh, so fast you are. :p

Outlast. Right. This has been sitting in my wishlist for nearly half a year now, and I'm still not sure. Is it worth even 5? Is the AI well done enough I'll want to quit early from fright?

Seems noone answered your question, and well... I'd say that Outlast is pretty great. It scaraed the crap outta me. :p

Down for me, too.

Same, a few overseas websites from Aus. are down for me atm. I suspect they are fine, some idiot probably cut a cable or something. Seems to happen on a semi-regular basis.

Also there is a new Build a Greenlight available for pre-purchase, might have been missed in the sale rush.

Anteater

I still dont get this clicking game. What am I supposed to do? What benefit do I have?

It's just a clicking game where you kill things by clicking, it has auto attack per second and you can upgrade your dps and clicking damage, the game also autoplay itself if you quit.

As far as I know you have a chance to get card drops from killing bosses (3 maximum per day?)

It's just a clicking game where you kill things by clicking, it has auto attack per second and you can upgrade your dps and clicking damage, the game also autoplay itself if you quit.

As far as I know you have a chance to get card drops from killing bosses (3 maximum per day?)

So you can just idle?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm still weirded out by "play a tv in your virtual world"

it's...

hqdefault.jpg

Anteater

So you can just idle?

apparently, my friend joined and and quit and didn't play for the rest of the day and he got cards, think his game is at lvl 170 now, while some people here are playing and didn't get card drops from bosses so I'm not sure if there are any rules I'm missing :p

I'm still weirded out by "play a tv in your virtual world"

it's...

hqdefault.jpg

Actually the idea is neat, since you will have a virtual huge movie screen in front of you. I just wonder abou the resolution.

apparently, my friend joined and didn't play and he got cards, think his game is at 170 now, hile some people here are playing and didn't get card drops from bosses so I'm not sure if there are any rules I'm missing :p

I also got one card, and I wasnt even in the game. Just had one more card in my inventory when I came back from work.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of WinterDemons, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Stranded -- MB-2B8B1761BE81C786 - Taken by Diedac. 9 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Stranded was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1434109462z1.png

Vuze

Since when can't we sell/trade drops from crafting badges for one week? wtf even
I haven't crafted any since the last sale iirc so I never noticed it. I hope Valve considered the expiring date for the summer sale cards at least (since summer card drops received after the 15th would be totally worthless)?

madjoki

apparently, my friend joined and and quit and didn't play for the rest of the day and he got cards, think his game is at lvl 170 now, while some people here are playing and didn't get card drops from bosses so I'm not sure if there are any rules I'm missing :p

My alt is at level 183 without drops.

Also has anyone received purchase drops? Used 15€+ and badge still says " You have not purchased anything on the store since the sale began. ".

Since when can't we sell/trade drops from crafting badges for one week? wtf even
I haven't crafted any since the last sale iirc so I never noticed it. I hope Valve considered the expiring date for the summer sale cards at least (since summer card drops received after the 15th would be totally worthless)?

Depends on used cards. If your cards didn't have trade limit, then summer card won't have.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
No. I mean if you play a game on a huge cinema screen in VR, shouldnt the resolution be big enough (on the virtual cinema screen)?

It'd be smaller than the "resolution" of the VR itself, though didn't the vid show that there's some large gap between your position and the screen itself?

MadGear

My alt is at level 183 without drops.

Also has anyone received purchase drops? Used 15€+ and badge still says " You have not purchased anything on the store since the sale began. ".

Just checked. I spent about 10€ and it didn't keep track for me either, also didn't receive a card after the purchase.

The_Monk

Morning everyone. Hope you all will be playing your purchased games soon instead of that clicking one. *runs*

Here's hoping for a nice second day of sales! I'm putting some games in a Excel file for some last minute purchases.

MaxiLive

Does anyone knows what happens today? Does the minigame reset back to zero or will everyone continue at their current level?

I want to swap to another game but that reset levels for me last night -.-

derExperte

Does anyone knows what happens today? Does the minigame reset back to zero or will everyone continue at their current level?

I want to swap to another game but that reset levels for me last night -.-

Does the game go on forever?

At 9am Pacific time each day, all game sessions in the Monster Summer Game will end. All players can then join a new game, beginning with attacking the level 1 enemies again. When you start a new game, you will start with special badge points that you can spend on abilities. The amount of badge points you get is based on the maximum boss level you’ve completed in the game on any previous day, plus the level of your Steam Summer Sale badge.

The Monster Summer Game will be available to play until June 20th at 10am PDT.

See the FAQ.

dex3108

12+ hours later i only got 1 card from monster game. Well done Valve. I have feeling that we will be lucky if we manage to craft Sale Badge only with cards that we get from minigame.

I don't see the point of pixel piracy. I played it for about 30 minutes and I don't really see much depth to the game at all.

And while it hadn't even crossed my mind before purchasing it, I think this might be the first game I put in for a refund, even though it is only 2 dollars.

I guess some people enjoy it since it has a high positive review rating. I just don't get what makes this game fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom