• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

It's more that once one person posts a list, everyone begins to since they believe it's okay, if not expected. I've seen it- pages and pages and pages of very lengthy lists. Then fighting about whose list is bigger, the quality of the content, the font size, and then eventually someone pulls out a knife and Stump has to step in.

Phawx

It's more that once one person posts a list, everyone begins to since they believe it's okay, if not expected. I've seen it- pages and pages and pages of very lengthy lists. Then fighting about whose list is bigger, the quality of the content, the font size, and then eventually someone pulls out a knife.

cooking_knives_o46ot.jpg

WOOO got the quote before the Stump!

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Last time I checked this was a Community thread where people posted stupid-ass, perverted anime gifs, but yeah nail me to the cross for a list. Sure.

yeah_sure_jon_hamm.gif

People have mostly cut back on posting anime gifs, especially perverted ones, though. Unless you've been gone for a while.

In my opinion, it's fine to post lists if you desperately want to show off what you've spent money on (I'll just skim over it, see if there's anything worth discussing, and then move on to the next post, personally), but don't be surprised if people mock or chide you for doing it, like Grief said.

BruteUA

It's more that once one person posts a list, everyone begins to since they believe it's okay, if not expected. I've seen it- pages and pages and pages of very lengthy lists. Then fighting about whose list is bigger, the quality of the content, the font size, and then eventually someone pulls out a knife and Stump has to step in.

"It's more that once one person posts an anime gif, everyone begins to since they believe it's okay, if not expected. I've seen it- pages and pages and pages of very lewd anime gifs. Then fighting about whose gif is bigger, the quality of the content, the boob size, and then eventually someone pulls out their dong and morningbus has to step in."

I'm sorry, I couldn't stop myself.

BHK3

Banned
Depends on the game. Steam will be mentioned on the relevant product pages.

Skyrim says "No Russian keys or Steam gifts No risk at Steam / Origin / Uplay" so unless that means 'we just give you the game' or 'you're safe with us because we provide clean steam/origin/uplay codes'.

Teppic

One mans garbage...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Dark Shadows - Army of Evil -- MB-7CEBDF7D862300D0 - Taken by freshVeggie
Iesabel -- MB-93FD0D26FCC3803F - Taken by JustLynx
CAFE 0 ~The Drowned Mermaid~ DELUXE -- MB-4DBC223765BFDBD5 - Taken by Ozium
Vanguard Princess -- MB-FD960C6CAEF13BBC - Taken by Se7enSword
Into the Dark: Ultimate Trash Edition -- MB-18062158F70C1AFA - Taken by darkchewie
RefleX -- MB-0F07894F616DBC37 - Taken by freshVeggie
Data hacker -- MB-93F686AF2671C2C2 - Taken by WinterDemons

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Your dongs are the cross I must bear. The load I must carry.

Forgive them, Stump, they know not what they do.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Skyrim says "No Russian keys or Steam gifts No risk at Steam / Origin / Uplay" so unless that means 'we just give you the game' or 'you're safe with us because we provide clean steam/origin/uplay codes'.

Skyrim is a Steam key. I pre-ordered it way back when. I think that awkwardly-worded message is supposed to imply that there's no risk of the game being region-locked/revoked.

Honestly there isn't much more I'm waiting for on this sale deal wise. Trails In The Sky is the most expensive one left I'm waiting on (30% off right now). The rest I would consider would be in the cheaper range (Bionic Commando Pack, Korra, and possibly Rage if the deals are right). I'm not buying anything unless it's a daily/flash deal or until the final day if there's no further discount and I want to jump in at the "normal" discount.

derExperte

Sorry for editing my post! I'll go ahead and say it again:

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday!

Thanks guys, you're the best, love you all!

Happy unbirthday!

Except you.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I think this is safely at the bottom of the page, so let me tell you this: I have a new way to deal with your anime gifs.

Edit: dammit.

Alright, so my birthday is coming up. I'm turning 23, I wanted to give you guys something. So each day I will give away 1 game. There will be 23 games in total. I'm doing it in a different format from last year, I thought this would be more fun.

Click on the name to go to the GoogleDoc link.
1st Game: Ziggurat

"Modbot will remember this"

also happy birthday derexperte

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly there isn't much more I'm waiting for on this sale deal wise. Trails In The Sky is the most expensive one left I'm waiting on (30% off right now). The rest I would consider would be in the cheaper range (Bionic Commando Pack, Korra, and possibly Rage if the deals are right). I'm not buying anything unless it's a daily/flash deal or until the final day if there's no further discount and I want to jump in at the "normal" discount.

Yeah, the sale has been disappointing for me so far. I'm sure it'll get better though.

Speaking of Bionic Commando, I'm surprised that the pack is a little more expensive than it usually is during a sale. That seems to be a recurring theme with this sale for some games.

man, i thought the sales question in here were bad but my god the sales thread in Gaming is unbearable.

whatever happened to the rule where not reading the OP = ban? Because that shit needs to be enforced for the sake of preserving some semblance of sanity

Teppic

Somewhat better games.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 30 Steam keys and 9 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Teppic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

KAMI #2 -- MB-EA62B58ED76D4BED - Taken by Last Baron. 1 entrants total.
The Detail #2 -- MB-1464FC9F5AA2127F - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Life of Pixel (Desura) -- MB-F76730DD406014C9 - Taken by Mikurden
Silence of the Sleep #2 -- MB-DA037EAB52194EDD - Taken by DmAc2k6. 1 entrants total.
Z #2 -- MB-A1FABE42ACB93E32 - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.
DARK #2 -- MB-EEAC6C62FF66A1CE - Taken by redlacs. 2 entrants total.
Onikira: Demon Killer #2 -- MB-38DEAFC57B3895BC - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.
The Joylancer: Legendary Motor Knight #2 -- MB-6D4E183ADA2EEE5A - Taken by EdmondD. 1 entrants total.
Akane the Kunoichi -- MB-36D22D73DCA63B30 - Taken by Ruruja. 2 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle (Desura) -- MB-FBFEEE1CA5A792CD
Shadowgate (2014) -- MB-D4B46C8F4D879716 - Taken by tioslash. 4 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Frozenbyte Bundle (Desura) -- MB-47B2EB7DB931B7D3 - Taken by WinterDemons
Onikira: Demon Killer -- MB-C42790DCA26B7BDC - Taken by Akuosa. 3 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Peggle Deluxe, Bejeweled 3, Bookworm Deluxe, Escape Rosecliff Island, and Feeding Frenzy 2 Deluxe (Origin) -- MB-299C4E4E1768D934 - Taken by bluechox2. 1 entrants total.
The Joylancer: Legendary Motor Knight -- MB-58ADD7AFBD669A79 - Taken by SalsaShark. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Dungeons of Dredmor (Desura) -- MB-5F5C8098AD1EC6E0
Sparkle 2 Evo -- MB-5CD8EB7B6F9CB7EE - Taken by Vlad. 2 entrants total.
SpaceChem -- MB-50EF8CE52909A38B
Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-2416772A4F49FFE9 - Taken by SeZMehK. 3 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-383E5E0873CF466C
Lyne -- MB-C654A0246D121420 - Taken by darkchewie. 1 entrants total.
Volgarr the Viking -- MB-23BB81D2233E9F73 - Taken by Mixed2k. 2 entrants total.
BlazeRush -- MB-FC41486EEB29170F - Taken by Cosmic Schwung. 9 entrants total.
Dreamcast Collection -- MB-0B35BA1792B1AC39 - Taken by Blu(e). 3 entrants total.
AVGN Adventures -- MB-AC4232BE638C4CD0 - Taken by WinterDemons. 5 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
t1cxE6r.gif
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-44FCF2023EBC9356 - Taken by RedFyn. 1 entrants total.
KAMI -- MB-C9D2CDEE604BED5A - Taken by Eila. 1 entrants total.
Magnetic By Nature -- MB-006C68D566D25549 - Taken by trailmix16. 2 entrants total.
Magnetic By Nature #2 -- MB-0A8231DE53B1C937 - Taken by Saty. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Indie Bundle #2 (Desura) -- MB-DEAA4157BB07AC05 - Taken by WinterDemons
The Detail -- MB-0E124A4E3E4AE5F4 - Taken by louiedog. 2 entrants total.
Z -- MB-570A03CAA7139BAF - Taken by lindarasta. 1 entrants total.
NiGHTS Into Dreams -- MB-6A3BCD937738625B - Taken by Mass_Pincup. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
DARK -- MB-BB823D96347D1192 - Taken by anastef. 3 entrants total.
Bardbarian #2 -- MB-E3AE5A3AE0B9B64E - Taken by autoduelist. 1 entrants total.
Bardbarian -- MB-BABDC0C28E50FF0C - Taken by user237. 1 entrants total.
Silence of the Sleep -- MB-8254EF6CBD2F6A3B - Taken by Lobogris. 2 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Indie Bundle #3 (Desura) -- MB-5D0B88D3BF5FFECD - Taken by Twin Tails

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Life of Pixel (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Humble Frozenbyte Bundle (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Dungeons of Dredmor (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for SpaceChem was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Note: The key you added for Humble Indie Bundle #2 (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Error: The key you tried to add for Teleglitch: Die More Edition failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Note: The key you added for Humble Indie Bundle #3 (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1434139464z1.png

Yeah, the sale has been disappointing for me so far. I'm sure it'll get better though.

Speaking of Bionic Commando, I'm surprised that the pack is a little more expensive than it usually is during a sale. That seems to be a recurring theme with this sale for some games.

I got the game I was most wanting today (Wolfenstein: TOB) so I'm ok with how the sale has been. My budget for it was low to begin with so I know I'm not gonna be picking up tons of games.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I often skip many a post just to catch up, so I missed the decelerations of birthdays until just now. To every and all born in this wonderful month, have a great one for we have the best month for it.

Happy birthday! I enjoy attempting to beat your scores in Pinball FX2, however futile it may be.

Oh right, I just remembered. I need to beat everyone's score at Pinball!

Was it? Huh

Just recently, there was someone over at OT that made a thread about an article he didn't even read and it was fine. I doubt it's a rule anymore.

well, it was a common issue where people would fucking ask the same stupid ass questions all of the time when if they read the OP they wouldn't need to do so. People would just read the title of the thread and spew their stupid fucking garbage and the whole thread would just be a steaming pile of garbage.

so as you can tell, the fact that it's not being enforced is something i wish they would work on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom