• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time I checked this was a Community thread where people posted stupid-ass, perverted anime gifs, but yeah nail me to the cross for a list. Sure.
Don't take it to heart bud. It's like punishing the average joe for wrongly filled tax-forms instead of grabbing the big fish at Wall Street at their balls for despicable stuff they do.
They only can vent at you. You're a good guy.
lists of games > birthday wishes
lists of lists > lists of non-lists
it's like the only gif there was. game is super under the radar
For someone in media you are underestimating visual shnaz in propagating something!

Here you go.

http://gifyu.com/images/15481a.gif http://gifyu.com/images/273621.gif

Also posted in that thread.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
man, i thought the sales question in here were bad but my god the sales thread in Gaming is unbearable.

whatever happened to the rule where not reading the OP = ban? Because that shit needs to be enforced for the sake of preserving some semblance of sanity

I was going to say that it couldn't be that bad, but I looked back at the first few pages and, well

Thoughts on left for dead 2?????

I refuse to believe that this is a serious post.

def sim

well, it was a common issue where people would fucking ask the same stupid ass questions all of the time when if they read the OP they wouldn't need to do so. People would just read the title of the thread and spew their stupid fucking garbage and the whole thread would just be a steaming pile of garbage.

so as you can tell, the fact that it's not being enforced is something i wish they would work on

I suppose trying to enforce a rule like that in a forum as big as this one is especially difficult. They'd likely need people to snitch on folks and I'm sure most members here follow the rules of the streets and don't do that kind of thing. ;)

Alright, so my birthday is coming up. I'm turning 23, I wanted to give you guys something. So each day I will give away 1 game. There will be 23 games in total. I'm doing it in a different format from last year, I thought this would be more fun.
Happy soon-birthday! And that's pretty nice of you!

I suppose trying to enforce a rule like that in a forum as big as this one is especially difficult. They'd likely need people to snitch on folks and I'm sure most members here follow the rules of the streets and don't do that kind of thing. ;)

youd be surprise how effective a few bans would be to getting others in line

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
lists of games > birthday wishes
Haha I saw this original webcomic, hope someone hasn't posted it before!

mXlsvcn.gif

Don't kill me

Alright, so my birthday is coming up. I'm turning 23, I wanted to give you guys something. So each day I will give away 1 game. There will be 23 games in total. I'm doing it in a different format from last year, I thought this would be more fun.

Click on the name to go to the GoogleDoc link.
1st Game: Ziggurat

Wow, sounds fun. Thank you for doing this!

iosefe

Click on the name to go to the GoogleDoc link.
1st Game: Ziggurat
you always have the best birthday giveaways. based detective challenge

You should probably put the link in email tags just in case. Thanks for the fun! :p

Crap, I'm an idiot.... I bought a game last night and then wasn't able to play it, than it shows up for cheaper on today's daily deal. I didn't think it was going to be a daily at all....

JustLynx

thank you very much for the chance :)

chronomac

In honor of my awful list:

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

DeadCore -- MB-1F4CA46A98AD2F5D - Taken by Ozium. 20 entrants total.

t1434151044z1.png

Shadownet

Banned
Well I spend like an hour trying to find a website where I could send you guys the link to it. You can just input your name in there. and then I can just randomly chose from it later. So that way no one can mess up names. But I don't think a free website like that exist.

You might want to think about using a Google form instead of a freely editable document.
Those never end well
I'm not sure how to do those.

chronomac

Well I spend like an hour trying to find a website where I could send you guys the link to it. You can just input your name in there. and then I can just randomly chose from it later. So that way no one can mess up names. But I don't think a free website like that exist.

You could use Google Forms to get the list and then something like Random.org to mix it up. Just pick the name at the top.

Or maybe just use ModBot's NOLURKERS rule combined with a manual block list (the past winners)?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

You could have used the email tag so only those who quote and are gaf members are in. That way you can eliminate lurkers easily.

Hm, even if TEW hits 75% I wont be able to afford it.
I'll settle for This War of Mine and maybe Life is Strange if the price is right.
TW3 will keep me going for months anyway and I still have a few games I need to get around to finishing.

Speaking of which, I'd really, really, really appreciate it if someone could show me a way to lock FFXIII-2 at 30fps (since 60 apparently is a lost cause).
I've seen people say that they managed to get a solid 30fps but I can't do it.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

I'm not sure how to do those.

Google documents lets you set up a submission form which can only be used once, don't let the results page be publically editable.

I suggested this when someone set up a birthday list sheet that also got mangled by being publically editable, too.

BruteUA

Wouldn't it just be easier to for this popularity contest if you just used Modbot and blocked everyone outside of your little social circle? I've seen that method used before with great success.

Or better yet, make your own private Steam Group and do a group-only on Steam Gifts.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
It's been a few hours, so I'm going to try again before submitting a ticket.
Well, it's probably faster anyway :p

Slightly related, anyone reminded of

tumblr_ne9trmz6yL1ty71ejo1_1280.jpg
I was!

Probably not many people did, poor NGPC :(

Isn't that cute?
Origin is doing their own sale "up to 70% off".
Most stuff is just a flat 50% off
They always do that, the true sale is LatinAmerican/Indian Origin.

Yep, exactly. Also there is a profile badge for up to level 300,000 so yeah we're nowhere near close to that.
I wonder, will they keep making it so that each day it advances faster? BEcause otherwise there is no way anyone reaches that far.

D4 went up in price? It was $24 when I added it to cart yesterday and now it's $27. :(
It had an extra 10% off yesterday as Daily deal of sorts.

Valve reads this thread confirmed. :p
Yay!
Although I'd say at this point you have some sort of direct psychic connection :p

34.5k left for Bloodstained to hit 5 Million.
Whoa.
I still haven't decided whether to fund or just wait until release though.

No kidding. I know this is terrible but I'm really disappointed that Lego Jurassic Park was only 25% off. The same as it was before the daily.
The game was released yesterday, let's be realistic here.

Not that I'd be able to use it as I have an AMD card, but I remember a while the list of GameWorks things was *far* longer than just smoke...

but really if youre playing more than $5 for a Lego game then you've fucked up

especially when the Lego bundles are so cheap on Nuuvem so often
The only ones I have paid over $5 were JW and Bats 3, so I don't mind.
Also,

Everything is garbage so we should get it all for free.
EVERYTHING IS GARBAGE
EVERYTHING IS SHIT WHEN YOU'RE SHOPPING ON STEAM

EVERYTHING IS GARBAAAAAGE
WHEN THEY'RE DESTROYIN' OUR DREAM
I'm dying here.

EDIT: NVM, grabbing it for USD 6 :V
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009IR1SR0/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Also I just got back from watching Jurassic World. It was a fun movie, but JP is still the best in the series.
DRM: Origin

getout.gif

My wishlist right now:

Alien Isolation
Bioshock Infinite Season Pass
Child of Light
Chip's Challenge 1 & 2 Bundle
Cyan Worlds Collection
Final Fantasy
Geneforge Saga
Hatoful Boyfriend CE
Hitman Sniper Challenge
How to Survive - Storm Warning Edition
Metal Gear Solid V/Ground Zeroes
Momodora III
NBA 2K10
Penny Arcade - On The Precipice of Darkness
Just 2K10?
What about 2K9?

I'm making a list
checking it twice
I beg you please desist
or they will never fucking find your body I swear on me mum
Best poetry.

I hope Life is Strange gets a daily deal, just so that more people get to experience it.
Those people could stop being bums and get it from nuuvem or something!

Classy.

Two reasons for people to stop posting damage lists.

1. We have a thread at the end of the sale for people to dump their irrelevant posts.
2. You're just going to get mocked for your stupidity.

This is a public sevice announcement sponsored by the entirety of SteamGAF.
Fixed.

Shadownet

Banned
Wouldn't it just be easier to for this popularity contest if you just used Modbot and blocked everyone outside of your little social circle? I've seen that method used before with great success.

But I would have to block you. and that would hurts me greatly. Okay I'm shutting down the GoogleDoc link. I'm going to try and set up a GoogleForm one. Thanks for the tip guys. BRB.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I love X05's periodic mega-quote posts. Not being sarcastic, I really do. Very efficient way of contributing to multiple discussions at once and not bloating up the thread. :)

rtcn63

Yeah. Maybe modbot IOU vouchers (a concept you're not new to) and then send the key afterward, to prevent previous winners from taking the second game and running off. I know, you could just do "no winners daily", but that would disqualify those who've won games from others' giveaways.

Or you could have a list contest.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I'd say we just migrate the Steam talk over to the linked google doc so we can talk about anime in here in peace

Saber Maionette J, Puella Magi Madoka Magic and Kill la Kill are the best anime shows.

Evangelion is overrated trash
half kidding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom