• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
it's kind of dumb that the community has to "unlock" these perfectly average discounts

like, half of the games aren't even that great and like it's not like they're special discounts

tesla effect has been $5 like a million times i think

it's kind of dumb that the community has to "unlock" these perfectly average discounts

like, half of the games aren't even that great and like it's not like they're special discounts

Yeah, doesn't make a lot of sense. Hopefully they'll get better with time.

Shadownet

Banned
My birthday is not for a short while. But I can't wait till then to give back something to you guys so here it is.

I'm doing 23 giveaways. There are only 5 rules.
1. Please only enter for games you don't have.
2. Once you win something, you are no longer eligible to win any other giveaways. So think about and make sure that it is the game you want. Maybe the next one might be better.
3. I reserve the right to take off any name that was entered if I find out you're a lurker or whatever.
4. Each giveaway will most likely be either 24 hours or until people stop entering. Whatever happen first. I will give a warning post before I close up the giveaway.
5. Don't wish me Happy Birthday yet.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please quote to reveal the link, input your name and good luck!

Giveaway #2: Legend of Grimrock II
header.jpg

I'll take this than the community voting for Borderlands for the 5th time.

Ozium

DINOSAUR: THE GAME

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header.jpg

Primal Carnage Extinction -- MB-06E0FEB4CD63EC30 - Taken by Bayonetta. 16 entrants total.

t1434169232z1.png

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I'm kind of annoyed how using steam credit to preorder the Steam controller drained my money right away. I should have just put it all on my cc.

zkylon

zkylewd
thanks xander for randomly being level zero and allowing me to play

wait

now i have to play this thing...

Yeah, doesn't make a lot of sense. Hopefully they'll get better with time.
hopefully

Giveaway #2: Legend of Grimrock II

again with the spidersss

I'll take this than the community voting for Borderlands for the 5th time.

i mean

i like the idea of this, it's cool that volvo did like a dumb minigame and shit for ppl to unlock stuff

it's just that when you're unlocking stuff that could easily be discounted as much just the same it feels a bit like you're not really accomplishing anything

like, wouldn't be nice if every unlock did like an 1% extra on all the dailies or gave you a stackable 2.5% off on whatever u want coupon or something like that

or you know, better discounts on better games

Li Kao

I think I'm doing it all wrong, I'm taking advantage of the steam sale and my insomnia to try games. Good god, indeed.
So Shovel Knight is pretty great, Crypt of the Necrodancer seems way out of my gaming league, and I'm now torn between Ironclad Tactics, Wolfenstein: the Old Blood and The Evil Within.

My life is so quickly becoming a waking nightmare that I'm of half a mind to play some horror game and laugh at it :-/

gotta go fast
ModBot said:
Instructions for Widdly Scuds:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Widdly Scuds, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Primal Carnage Extinction -- MB-FAE7830664E21DD6 - Taken by cyborg009. 9 entrants total.
Runs best on Alienware Alpha

t1434160284z1.png

Ozium

a bunch of us were on a stream that gave away keys

I already own the game so I'm giving mine away.. dunno about widdly maybe he just don't like dinoz

autoduelist

your best bet would be to browse on steam, click the tag, and use the highlight function or enhanced steam to tell you if you own it.

argh. ok. I kind of knew that, but I'm always shocked when I think about it. I've spent hours trying to organize my steam collection and it's just insurmountable (too many games I need to look up to figure out what they are, etc). Oh well.

And when I do go to play a game, I get a problem like this one with atom zombie smasher -- the mouse is misaligned with the screen and not only can i not play it, but i have no idea how to fix it.

So now it's back to reading forums instead of actually playing games.

Jawmuncher

I was just about to install the game

http://i.imgur.com/6IAPwW5.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
Thankfully they have their own clearly marked servers so they don't get in the way of real games. Since they don't want people crashing the RP going on.
[quote="bobnowhere, post: 167582226"]Wait, not like those crazy self-published books on Amazon? 0.o[/QUOTE]
Depends on what group you run into. I've spectated some. Never for very long but it's interesting the vastness of what a group will want.

Tales from Borderlands is tempting at $12. Should I bite?

I bought it yesterday, it seems pretty cool so far, fun characters and story. I'm only about 2 achievements into the first chapter and that took 75 mins. Looks like it is going to be longer that GOT and much longer than "The Wolf Among Us."

I hope Wolf 2 is coming, they are probably moving on to Marvel stuff though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom