• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

I can't get over how amazing Witcher 3 looks. I've caught myself forgetting to pay attention to the voices during cutscenes because I'm too busy admiring the textures on Geralt's swords and armor or noticing the detail in skin and muscle movement in the faces. I decided to turn hairworks back on because it only seems to be a problem in close ups, where it will occasionally drop to 45 fps. Out in the open world I get a pretty steady 1080p60 with all high settings plus hairworks and hbao+.

And such an amazing world it is with sunsets and lightning storms and trees blowing in the wind and huge bodies of water...add in some amazing writing and vo and this really feels like something special.

I'm also ready to say screw it to Yennefer and Triss and whoever and just run off with Keira because she's awesome.

Thanks I'm returning Witcher 3. It was a mistake, nothing but trash.

lol, This guy....

I can't get over how amazing Witcher 3 looks. I've caught myself forgetting to pay attention to the voices during cutscenes because I'm too busy admiring the textures on Geralt's swords and armor or noticing the detail in skin and muscle movement in the faces. I decided to turn hairworks back on because it only seems to be a problem in close ups, where it will occasionally drop to 45 fps. Out in the open world I get a pretty steady 1080p60 with all high settings plus hairworks and hbao+.

And such an amazing world it is with sunsets and lightning storms and trees blowing in the wind and huge bodies of water...add in some amazing writing and vo and this really feels like something special.

I'm also ready to say screw it to Yennefer and Triss and whoever and just run off with Keira because she's awesome.

The world really is amazing. I love riding through storms and seeing build up from a few rain drops to a total down pour. So good.

Annubis

I just saw an account using powerups to be shown in the "people that used stuff" window and the account name points to a twitch channel.

The things people come up with.

Turfster

I'm not familiar with that, what's involved?

An internet connection consists of downstream (towards you) and upstream (from you).
For most connections, any serious upstream (say, a third of your max upstream speed) totally tanks the downstreams, making downloads really slow.

I might have stumbled upon a way to force cards to drop?

I had my alt account idling in the client, main account in the browser. So I wanted to see if my alt could join the same game as my main. I clicked See friends games, Join game, and then it told me I was underleveled, couldn't join. Then I went to go back to idling in my previous game, it put me in a brand new Level 0 game, and a card dropped. I don't wanna try testing it on my main game, since that's almost to Level 300, so if anybody else has an alt, or they just wanna test it, that'd be a help.

tl;dr Leave your current game, join a new game, cards might drop?

Thankfully they have their own clearly marked servers so they don't get in the way of real games. Since they don't want people crashing the RP going on.

Depends on what group you run into. I've spectated some. Never for very long but it's interesting the vastness of what a group will want.

Was just half-joking, but good to know they are fenced in their own little world.

AsylumX

I got no card after buying for 10+ also, weird.

Well, at least we are together on this one. I end up making a ticket for it with steam support but I don't expect to hear from them any time soon. I also just realize that I'm not getting cards from the monster game, so it's getting weirder by the minute.

An internet connection consists of downstream (towards you) and upstream (from you).
For most connections, any serious upstream (say, a third of your max upstream speed) totally tanks the downstreams, making downloads really slow.

I meant is there a way to check what specifically is choking my downloads?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I might have stumbled upon a way to force cards to drop?

I had my alt account idling in the client, main account in the browser. So I wanted to see if my alt could join the same game as my main. I clicked See friends games, Join game, and then it told me I was underleveled, couldn't join. Then I went to go back to idling in my previous game, it put me in a brand new Level 0 game, and a card dropped. I don't wanna try testing it on my main game, since that's almost to Level 300, so if anybody else has an alt, or they just wanna test it, that'd be a help.

tl;dr Leave your current game, join a new game, cards might drop?

What I've found is drops occur when entering games. I've had drops only upon initiating new games and joining friends games.

Teggy

The world really is amazing. I love riding through storms and seeing build up from a few rain drops to a total down pour. So good.

I just played Witcher 1 and 2 and they had all these interesting environments that were just screaming out for exploration but pretty much every area in the games was linked to a quest of some sort. Here there are tons of caves and other points of interest to explore and loot. I got a treasure map that lead me to an island that had another treasure map, and then swam into a sunken wreck and found an awesome sword that makes whooshing sounds when I swing it. Purely optional, just out there for you to find if you feel inclined. I think the only problem is there may be too many pois because it's really easy to get over leveled on normal difficulty.

I just checked my badge progress, it says I've spent $17.12 since the beginning of the sale.

I guess it's not counting my purchase of Tales from the Borderlands and Hotline Miami 2 from the first hour of the sale, which would bring it to just under $40.

AsylumX

What I've found is drops occur when entering games. I've had drops only upon initiating new games and joining friends games.

I just tried this out and got a card in matter of minutes after getting nothing for half a day. It works perfectly fine, just hop between friends games to get cards.

zkylon

zkylewd
DOEtZua.jpg

More spiders for the rest of us

no idea what this means -__-

I love that these deals are on more niche games, I think it's quite refreshing that Valve are allowing titles like Pixel Heroes and Deadcore to be on the front page of the store during a big sale.
yea i don't mind that, but some of those games have like red reviews and stuff

at least make it so they're really good reviews

Grief.exe

So it's currently cheaper to buy Dark Souls SOTFS than it is to buy the upgrade if I own Dark Souls 2?

FROM, Please.

Why does every publisher do this?

I just want to buy the DLC for the game I already own, not buy a more expensive 'complete' version with redundant content. Now I am giving you exactly zero dollars instead of fair pay for the DLC.

not for me

25 usd to buy it

14 for the upgrade

tho i have the season pass so maybe that's eet

i guess

still bad

Dark Souls + DLC gives you a larger discount.

zkylon

zkylewd
btw 14 for the upgrade

on a 50% discount

for a game of which i have preordered and preordered the season pass

is why i call it ripoff edition

fuck you bamco

Why does every publisher do this?

I just want to buy the DLC for the game I already own, not buy a more expensive 'complete' version with redundant content. Now I am giving you exactly zero dollars instead of fair pay for the DLC.

Dark Souls + DLC gives you a larger discount.

Yup it's pretty awful. I own DS2 and here are my options :

Season Pass : $24.99
Upgrade : $23.99
SOTFS : $24.99

I guess they don't want my money.

Hey, how likely is it that Alien Isolation goes as low as $12.49 (75% off)? I know it's going to go lower than the current 50% when it's a flash/daily but do you think it'll reach 75% off?

ExoSoul

Banned
Does the number of card drops keep increasing for everyone else?

Before today's cycle I had 3 left and now, after getting a drop, I have 4 left..
Does that mean it's never ending?

Edit: Looks like tomorrow's the day to buy Gods will be Watching (and Pixel Heroes, maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom