• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's weird. Have you got the DLC?

This is what I get, owning the main game and season pass.

DcTMscy.png

wtf you own the main game and season pass? whats the point of the scholar of the first son edition then? isn't it basically the goty edition?

Deitus

What's the deal with the sale card drops? It says you are supposed to get 3 a day from playing the game, but I've only gotten 3 total between today and yesterday. Do I need to click more or something?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Scored tickets to Distant Worlds next month - I'm so pumped

Jawmuncher

Beat all the routes in Akibas trip. As I said earlier it's a enjoyable game. Just know what you're getting into. Pretty much only fans of zany Japanese stuff should apply. Besides that I'm a little bummed there wasn't more difference in the routes. 3 characters basically follow the same structure with only 1 being radically different. Then there a sort of bonus route & ending.

header.jpg

Hey SteamGaf let me talk to you about a game called Highlands. It's a turn based game with hand drawn backgrounds and great music and I read various reviews comparing the combat to the Risk board game, but I never played it so I'll abstain to compare both. You move the characters through the map and engage in battles against the enemy raiders, as you win the fights you become the owner of that territory so you can fortify it to make the advancement of the enemy troops harder and also can extract the natural resources if the terrain has one of the three (scrap, food and leadership).

To recruit new characters you need to reach a tavern and have enough leadership, other way is through random events that happens after a battle or when you go exploring the map and these events help keeping the game fresh.

It recently got achievements added and the developers are trying to include a skirmish mode, it was a stretch goal on their kickstarter but they didn't reack it.

yuraya

What's the deal with the sale card drops? It says you are supposed to get 3 a day from playing the game, but I've only gotten 3 total between today and yesterday. Do I need to click more or something?

Its all random. In the FAQ it says up to 3 drops per 24 hour. Doesn't really guarantee you get anything :p

Edit: also good god @ the teaser for kojimas trailer on monday. Cannot wait.

ExoSoul

Banned
header.jpg

Hey SteamGaf let me talk to you about a game called Highlands. It's a turn based game with hand drawn backgrounds and great music and I read various reviews comparing the combat to the Risk board game, but I never played it so I'll abstain to compare both. You move the characters through the map and engage in battles against the enemy raiders, as you win the fights you become the owner of that territory so you can fortify it to make the advancement of the enemy troops harder and also can extract the natural resources if the terrain has one of the three (scrap, food and leadership).

To recruit new characters you need to reach a tavern and have enough leadership, other way is through random events that happens after a battle or when you go exploring the map and these events help keeping the game fresh.

It recently got achievements added and the developers are trying to include a skirmish mode, it was a stretch goal on their kickstarter but they didn't reack it.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
wtf you own the main game and season pass? whats the point of the scholar of the first son edition then? isn't it basically the goty edition?

Nah. Enemy remix is interesting enough to me that I'll buy at the probably 75% off price point. If it's 66% off I'll see.

But an important thing to note is that Dark Souls is my favorite game of all time, and I think Dark Souls II is magnificent. It's got a real special place in my mind.

Turfster

Ugh.
The "checkpoint only" shit wasn't so bad in WolfTNO, but in the first chapter of TOB, it's just annoying as fuck.
Get past this supersoldier. Good! Now do it again, only there's like 5 of them, and once you fuck up, you're pretty much dead.

rtcn63

Game still says "There was a problem trying to join a game. Please try again later" for me : \

Browser or client? Client works for me on WIn7. For most part.

And you're not missing out. It's just you watching other people kill things that stand there while your health drains. You don't even need to contribute.

Browser or client? Client works for me on WIn7. For most part.

And you're not missing out. It's just you watching other people kill things that stand there while your health drains. You don't even need to contribute.
I tried both client and browser, and on different computers, never worked.

Shadownet

Banned
Alright, since it's slowing down. 30 mins before I close the giveaway. You guys got until 12AM EST to enter.

Please quote to reveal the link, input your name and good luck!
Giveaway #2: Legend of Grimrock II

Type-0, Toukiden, and Tales of Zestiria.
I'm in heaven..

Alright, since it's slowing down. 30 mins before I close the giveaway. You guys got until 12AM EST to enter.

Giveaway #2: Legend of Grimrock II

Woow, happy birthday Shadownet~ :D
And thanks for the giveaway.

Would I be able to run Homeworld Remastered on Intel i5 + Intel HD 5500?
Never played Homeworld (actually never played a space RTS) and it looks fantastic

Jazz573

Stupid Steam minigame took away all my time to play my lewd animu games. :(

Edit: Okay, well the game I wanted to play isn't THAT lewd. I'm halfway through the second chapter of 12, and I still have yet to see any of those scenes.

denx

Be glad you can at least play it. Every time I click on the big PLAY NOW button I get an error message.

edit: ^ this

Jazz573

Hope we'll get some flash or daily sales for some VNs. I know eden* is getting a discount tomorrow, but I'm probably going to get the 18+ version from MangaGamer, so I can support their minori campaign. It also has a discount there but it's not nearly as much ($18.71 from $24.95). It includes a Steam key, btw.

I really hope fault milestone one goes on sale for more than 50%.

I did get Shan Gui, it wasn't in a daily or flash deal, but I really didn't think it would go above 66%. I also got HuniePop, although that isn't a VN.

Shadownet

Banned
My birthday is not for a short while. But I can't wait till then to give back something to you guys so here it is.

I'm doing 23 giveaways. There are only 5 rules.
1. Please only enter for games you don't have.
2. Once you win something, you are no longer eligible to win any other giveaways. So think about and make sure that it is the game you want. Maybe the next one might be better.
3. I reserve the right to take off any name that was entered if I find out you're a lurker or whatever.
4. Each giveaway will most likely be either 24 hours or until people stop entering. Whatever happen first. I will give a warning post before I close up the giveaway.
5. Don't wish me Happy Birthday YET. If you do, I will most likely send my ninjas after you. Seriously, don't. It's nowhere close.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Giveaway #3: Fortune Summoners (For all the waifu, animu fans)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom