• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messiah

so how many of the old Oddworld games in the Oddbox (http://store.steampowered.com/sub/6951/) are worth playing? I heard good things about Strangers Wrath but what about the platformers? or is there no point since New'N'Tasty seems to be a remake?

All are great games and really worth playing, except for Munch's Oddyssee. I would recommend to at least give the old platformers a shot and play New and Tasty after them. The first two games of the series are some of my favourite games ever made and do hold up really well even today in my opinion.

If the old platformers are too dated for you, you can just jump right into New and Tasty though. The second game is currently being remade as well.

so how many of the old Oddworld games in the Oddbox (http://store.steampowered.com/sub/6951/) are worth playing? I heard good things about Strangers Wrath but what about the platformers? or is there no point since New'N'Tasty seems to be a remake?

stranger's wrath still holds up. Its controls aren't conventional (it's a kinda sorta FPS but also a 3rd person platformer?) and it's a sorta open world game but not really. Still, it plays fine and it has one of the best twists in gaming.

I dunno if they ever brought the console upgrades to the PC version but i'd still recommend it even without that stuff. It's a damn good game.

Also, only the first two games play alike. New N Tasty is a remake of the first and i'd suggest you just play that instead of the first game. Munch and Strangers aren't anything like the first two games and aren't really much alike themselves.

stranger's wrath still holds up. Its controls aren't conventional (it's a kinda sorta FPS but also a 3rd person platformer?) and it's a sorta open world game but not really. Still, it plays fine and it has one of the best twists in gaming.

I dunno if they ever brought the console upgrades to the PC version but i'd still recommend it even without that stuff. It's a damn good game.

Also, only the first two games play alike. New N Tasty is a remake of the first and i'd suggest you just play that instead of the first game. Munch and Strangers aren't anything like the first two games and aren't really much alike themselves.

Stranger's Wrath was great until it just dragged on and on and on and on after the twist.

Posted already this morning, but go back Bard's Tale IV, y'all. You get a free copy of Witcher 1 or 2 or Wasteland 2 if you back in the first 24 hours of the Kickstarter.
Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter
Don't want it to get lost in all the refund talk.

Ok, Wasteland I can understand, but the Witcher? What?

The offer itself is bizarre, basically acting as a monogame pay-what-you-want scheme to raise money. I suppose, as far as raising awarness, it will be a huge success. Hope it works out for them; I personally have no interest in A Bard's Tale.

Stranger's Wrath was great until it just dragged on and on and on and on after the twist.

For me, it ended just before i felt like it was getting tiresome. But I also only played it for an hour or so a day for about a week so i never had long enough sessions that could more easily lead one to grow tired of the game.

I would totally pick up Munch's HD but it seems that they haven't even bothered to patch it to match the console versions, meaning my PS+ version of munch is still the best version out there. Kinda shameful.

http://www.vg247.com/2015/06/02/source-miyazakis-dark-souls-3-ready-for-e3-announcement/

223.gif

For me, it ended just before i felt like it was getting tiresome. But I also only played it for an hour or so a day for about a week so i never had long enough sessions that could more easily lead one to grow tired of the game.

My problem is that the gameplay loses all variety and openness after the twist and becomes
a straight up shooter for droves and droves and droves and droves and oh how much longer do i have to go to get revenge? and droves and droves and droves.

Arthea

Refunds totally just broke steam. When Valve will see amount of work they got themselves, they'll take that back.

How bad that Harvest Moon that's not Harvest Moon could be? I'll take it, not that we have Rune Factory knocking on our door or something.

http://www.vg247.com/2015/06/02/source-miyazakis-dark-souls-3-ready-for-e3-announcement/

223.gif

My problem is that the gameplay loses all variety and openness after the twist and becomes
a straight up shooter for droves and droves and droves and droves and oh how much longer do i have to go to get revenge? and droves and droves and droves.

Yeah, once the game shifts away from the bounty hunter gameplay it does suffer, i agree. but the drop off in quality isn't enough for me to not recommend the game. The game takes risks at almost every turn in regards to designs, structure, mechanics, etc. which is something i admire given that we are on the, what, year 8 or 9 of the assassin's creed era?

Lain

new game for BTA on the humble Bundle is Gunman Clive

what a fucking joke

guess its alright if you get the wiiU stuff

I regret spending $10 on this right before the sales hope you goofs are happy

If it was a bundle bought on Steam, right about now you could have asked for a refund.

Yeah, once the game shifts away from the bounty hunter gameplay it does suffer, i agree. but the drop off in quality isn't enough for me to not recommend the game. The game takes risks at almost every turn in regards to designs, structure, mechanics, etc. which is something i admire given that we are on the, what, year 8 or 9 of the assassin's creed era?

Hey, I didn't say I didn't recommend it... I just said that the back half was very disappointing after how the game starts off.

Everything up to and including the twist was great. After the twist was still good... it just dragged on a bit too long for me because of the gameplay shift. I remember being ready to be done on the approach to the dam... and then the game went on for a bit after that still.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
On Reddit, some users are reporting that the validation time for refunds is typically taking about 30 minutes. You'll get a "We're processing your refund" email that says the funds will be refunded within the next 7 days.

So even though they're probably absolutely swamped with these requests right now, they're still pushing things along within 30 minutes which is really impressive for Valve.

Arthea

On Reddit, some users are reporting that the validation time for refunds is typically taking about 30 minutes. You'll get a "We're processing your refund" email that says the funds will be refunded within the next 7 days.

So even though they're probably absolutely swamped with these requests right now, they're still pushing things along within 30 minutes which is really impressive for Valve.

only 30 minutes? IDK, I just can't believe it, did they hire massive amount of people lately or something?

dex3108

Poor kids in third world countries are new Valve support confirmed! Just kidding good for Valve that they realized how bad their support is.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't think it will see much use, unless we will be cured of +1 disease, what's not possible with Jasec around.

i duno, i asked for a refund on phantom breaker after not finding it much fun and to test how the whole thing works

i don't buy that many games since my money situation isn't great so i like the idea of being able to back out if i bought something i didn't like

2 hours isn't a lot but in some cases like this can be a good way to tell if something immediately hooks you or not

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
You could code a system that gauges how much of a risk a user asking for a refund is. It'd say how many refunds they've requested, along with some other behaviors.

Anything below a certain threshold could get auto-denied, anything above auto-approved, The stuff in the middle, like asking for a refund on a game outside the time period with an otherwise good record would get shifted over to an actual person to determine.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Probably an automated process (it check time played, purchase date and eventually it provides a refund).

This is most likely the case. If it falls within certain criteria it probably just gets automatically approved. If not it goes into a manual review process that will probably take the usual amount of time.

They're probably manually reviewing the automatically approved refunds in big batches, which is probably why they're giving themselves 7 days to actually refund your money. Of course with credit cards this process will usually take 2-3 days anyway so they're probably just giving themselves a wide margin.

It was about time for the new refund syste.

Indeed, it's impressive.

Poor kids in third world countries are new Valve support confirmed!

Hire me Volvo!

Arthea

i duno, i asked for a refund on phantom breaker after not finding it much fun and to test how the whole thing works

i don't buy that many games since my money situation isn't great so i like the idea of being able to back out if i bought something i didn't like

2 hours isn't a lot but in some cases like this can be a good way to tell if something immediately hooks you or not

You don't find Phantom Breaker fun? Who would believe that?
You should have chosen some broken game, or more plausible excuse anyway.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
freedom cry stand alone is cheaper than the dlc

sigh

I think the background for that was laid during to paid mods trial. I assume the refund to initial payment method was in the works at that time to compliment the steam wallet refunds.
They probably track purchase date and gameplay hours per title and 1 some 0 in their database and since you pick the game during refund support process I guess they only see a OK/Not OK status for your game.
ckabcq.png

jshackles

freedom cry stand alone is cheaper than the dlc

sigh

And Rogue for $32.50 is an absolute insult considering a Uplay key is $12.50 on Amazon right now. I'm not paying a $20 "Steam tax" - this is why I don't play Ubisoft games on PC anymore.

Is it too late to get a refund on Unity?*sarcasm* What a crappy AssCreed game.

I don't know. I only have 4 hours into Stranded Deep and its past the 14 days but I don't foresee asking for many refunds so maybe they will be nice to me on my request. It doesn't hurt to try right? The worst they could do is say no.

jshackles

You're dusting off that PS4 for the annual UbiSoft games?

Ain't no dust on my PS4 son

But yes, I played Unity on the PS4 and yes it was terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom