• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elija2

Oh man, the Summer Sale hasn't started yet and there's already a game I want to spend money on.

I'm only interested in Stranger's Wrath but the Oddbox bundle costs less than a dollar more. I already have Abe's Oddysee from a Humble Bundle, so are the two other games worth getting the bundle for? The ugly art style is already turning me off.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Hopefully they add the option to just delete garbage games from your account next whether or not they are refundable and without having to email beg support.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hopefully they add the option to just delete garbage games from your account next whether or not they are refundable and without having to email beg support.

I don't see Valve ever automating game removals. Too much potential for stupid people to do something stupid.

Edit: Although, Valve can temporarily disable licences also, so I suppose it wouldn't be an awful idea to give people control over that since even if a mistake is made, it could be corrected just as easily.

Ozium

I have a copy of Saints Row 3 and it taints my library, I'm gonna see if Valve will delete it

if not I guess I'll just make a new account *sigh*

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I don't see Valve ever automating game removals. Too much potential for stupid people to do something stupid.

Edit: Although, Valve can temporarily disable licences also, so I suppose it wouldn't be an awful idea to give people control over that since even if a mistake is made, it could be corrected just as easily.
How hard could it be to code it so that removed games show up as 0$ in the store? Kinda fixes all the potential idiocy right there.

Why would any of you ask for a refund? I thought it was all for the +1s >_<

A few years ago I bought a game during a steam sale, they ran out of keys, and the publisher refused to give steam anymore. They ended up pulling the game and i'm not sure it ever return from that publisher. So I did ask for a refund in that case because the game would never become playable.

L.A. Noire is at least 50% too long.
(Two cases for Vice and whole Arson to go, and the game has not really changed for the past 10 hours or so).

Hint: Don't worry about the questioning. It doesn't matter. It does change up. You'll know it when it happens.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How hard could it be to code it so that removed games show up as 0$ in the store? Kinda fixes all the potential idiocy right there.

I was speaking more to people accidentally removing the wrong game than accidentally re-buying something they removed. I imagine it'd be quite easy to have Steam's final licence cross-check pick up on inert licences and trigger the "Blah blah you already own this blah blah" error. I'd wager the amount of game removal requests Valve receives is exceptionally small, though, so I'll be surprised if an automated system ever comes to fruition.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

maty

Yes, I'd love a feature like that. But we know some will complain like when asking for an option to erase achievements, "what if my account is hacked and they delete my games?", etc

Does anyone know if deleting a game through support also erases all stats regarding that game?
I want delete a few games from my account specially shit like Superfrog HD and leave no trace of it, achievements, time played, etc.

Miguel81

Yes, I'd love a feature like that. But we know some will complain like when asking for an option to erase achievements, "what if my account is hacked and they delete my games?", etc

Does anyone know if deleting a game through support also erases all stats regarding that game?
I want delete a few games from my account specially shit like Superfrog HD and leave no trace of it, achievements, time played, etc.

Info about the 3 games I had removed are nowhere to be seen anywhere on my account. No achievements, time played, etc.

Just cause you're terrible at it is no reason to hate on it, friend.

#GITGUD

I need to look at this post every time I lose at Shovel Knight NG+ Boss Rush.

Pretty sure it doesn't. I've mass removed games from my library (like, actual 100s) and none of my stats changed. It seems your stats stay somewhere on your account, even if it's not visible through achievement pages or the like. For example, I had The 39 Steps removed from my main account, but I have it on my alt/junk account. So I turned on family sharing, looked at the game on my main, and my achievements were still there.

I think if you use SAM and relock achievements for a game before you get it removed, that might work?

Vlad

Experimental Art Games:
Thirty Flights of Loving (15-16 minutes.)
They Breathe (30-40 minutes) - Made by a GAF member
Basketbelle (1-2 hours)
A Bird Story (1-2 hours)

Traditional Games:
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeros (30-40 minutes if you choose to make an action play through of the main story)
Year Walk (1-2 hours)
Postmortem: One must die (1-2 hours)

To add to this, games from my library that I completed in less than two hours (ok, so a couple are listed as three hours, but they could easily be done in two by someone who figures out the puzzles faster):

And Yet It Moves
The Floor Is Jelly
Hexcells
Limbo
Little Inferno
Papo & Yo
Portal
Thomas Was Alone

Barbarian

Refund policy is a good idea. Removes the risk of buying a game and then realizing it doesn't work.

Of course, this also potentially deprives people of the joy of hunting down a patch / workaround and finally getting the game to work--like I recently did to run Jedi Knight in Windows 8. ;-)

maty

Pretty sure it doesn't. I've mass removed games from my library (like, actual 100s) and none of my stats changed. It seems your stats stay somewhere on your account, even if it's not visible through achievement pages or the like. For example, I had The 39 Steps removed from my main account, but I have it on my alt/junk account. So I turned on family sharing, looked at the game on my main, and my achievements were still there.

I think if you use SAM and relock achievements for a game before you get it removed, that might work?

Oh, I might try this before removing a game. In any case I'll ask support about it as well. Thanks

FYI Gog has had the refund policy for a while now as well, dont seem them mention much when talking about it.

Yeah. Here's GOG's:
Whenever you buy something and it doesn't work, you should feel safe knowing that you can take it back.

We don't understand why games or movies should be any different, so if your purchase doesn't work and we can't help you fix it, you get your money back.

Our Money Back Guarantee covers you for 30 days.
I think Origin's is similar.

Valve's getting there, at least.

zkylon

zkylewd
got the email that my refund went through, but the money takes up to 7 days

i bought it with gabebucks so it should be quick i hope

LuuKyK

Just saw the ad for that mecha-dino game called Ark on Steam and it made me think: the new Guerilla game for the PS4, Horizon or whatever its called, is pretty much going to be just like that from what I imagine. Am I the only one? Not trying to imply anything, just making a co relation between both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom