• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
Post some webms when you find time, please. Interested in your desktop with Win10.
what would you even want me to webms? lol my cat wallpaper?

sounds like a no then. lets get shadownet's opnion though
Well quick opinion so far. Everything is pretty darn smooth. Like I can launch Google Chrome a lot quicker now than Windows 8.1 for example.

Cortana sounds sexy as fuck. It's a shame, she can't even search for anything at all. Asking her "How is the weather?" and she just get stuck on the loading part. I'm not sure if its an internet connection problem or something else.

Well quick opinion so far. Everything is pretty darn smooth. Like I can launch Google Chrome a lot quicker now than Windows 8.1 for example.

Cortana sounds sexy as fuck. It's a shame, she can't even search for anything at all. Asking her "How is the weather?" and she just get stuck on the loading part. I'm not sure if its an internet connection problem or something else.

The Cortana part of Windows 10 has been the most glitchy part for me when I've used it. The regular search is fine but the voice stuff is still a work in progress.

Haha. Curious as to how preview looks tbh. Only ever saw a promo video from MS.
It's even faster than 8? Wow. Can't wait till it hits. Want to try out Edge. Probably won't jump ship from Waterfox but I am still eager.

So whatever this mystery badge for Summer is has 10 cards, huh? I probably won't craft the summer badge though.

every seal badge is 10 cards.

You get them for :

• per each 10$ in the seal
  • Voting 3 times
  • Crafting any badge

It's quite easy to accumulate the cards.

Sorry for the list Turf

Miguel81

So I haven't had any pop ups about Windows 10. Am I right in guessing that those of us who upgraded from Windows Vista using an upgrade disk to get to Window 7, are not eligible for Window 10 as a free upgrade?

Are you fully up to date on Windows 7? I only ask because the Windows 10 upgrade symbol only popped up after I installed the most recent optional updates.

Are you fully up to date on Windows 7? I only ask because the Windows 10 upgrade symbol only popped up after I installed the most recent optional updates.
Is there any way to remove the damn symbol from desktop? Even changing it to notification doesn't help upon reboot. Goes right back to previous setting and symbol shows up again.

iosefe

i have no regrets buying LEGO Worlds.

so much potential. it's abobut time i really started the intense brick by brick builds though

Khronico

I think I will mostly skip the summer sale(well, other than titles bound to be removed) and just buy LEGO Worlds instead.

YES

Lego Worlds is pretty awesome

i have no regrets buying LEGO Worlds.

so much potential. it's abobut time i really started the intense brick by brick builds though

Haven't even tried this yet, I'm having so much fun just exploring and getting new pieces/items.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
wrong

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ys_V:_Lost_Kefin,_Kingdom_of_Sand

then, Ark, Origin, Then Seven

finally i would guess culminating in the upcoming ys game

Oh, Ys V is on Steam? Or Vita? o_O

I think I will mostly skip the summer sale(well, other than titles bound to be removed) and just buy LEGO Worlds instead.

So.... your budget for the sale was $15?

AFAIK its always Salsa.

Shows what you know.
JaseC is supposedly making the Sale thread.
Salsa maybe making a "meta-game" thread to go along with it.
At least the last I had read in the Steam threads.

Might as well buy 1 game that he'll play instead of 50 that he won't.

You do realize:
(1) I never made any comments about whether or not his choice was a valid one. iosefe just did the same thing and I told him exactly what you said.
(2) You're talking to the real JaseC Jr. here, he may not go for +1s in the same way, but he's definitely focused on game count a large majority of the time.
(3) Again, it was just a question of surprise that his entire budget for the summer sale was $15, as he was saying he was going to buy just 1 game instead of whatever.

I was thinking about buying Assassin's Creed Unity when it occurred to me that it'll probably be discounted to the same price again during the sale. But if I buy it during the sale then I'll get 3 sale trading cards for spending $30. I can then sell those cards for about 50 cents.

What have I become...

Asgaro

This is amazing!

(Watch the video, it will show its purpose)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqGqDc23anM

tRDorxr.gif

NeoGAF Thread Summarizer is an easy to use Google Chrome Extension that allows you to:

List posts with the most quotes in a thread, along with the posts that quoted it.
New: View branching posts (track conversations)
Track messages of your or anyone's posts in a thread, along with the quoting posts.
Instantly load pages from the cache used to analyze the thread for fast navigation

There is also an Opera 12 version that is maintained separately and does not have all the features.

How to use:
You go to the first page of the thread, hit begin analysis, it sweeps all the rest of the pages. You can start from the middle of the thread, it only analyses the later half of the thread. After it's done, hit show results, after setting the quote threshold you like.
Questions not yet asked but the potential is there:
Q: I hit analysis and it doesn't find any quoted posts, or the amount of posts is very low.
A: It only analyses pages beginning from the page you are on, to the last page. If you hit "analyse" on the last page, it just analyses that page.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/neogaf-thread-summarizer/aaclblmjeibhbaniomgigpbchbmbdhlk

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=993461

Asgaro

Found yet another useful one.

Ever get tired of all those uninteresting threads clogging up your GAF screen (Destiny, I'm thinking of you)? I certainly do, and I always wished there was a way to get rid of the threads I don't care about and only see the ones that are new or interest me. So I wrote a script to do it.

To hide a thread, hover near the GAF symbol on the left of the thread and you'll get an X. Click that X and it will disappear. You'll never see it again unless you select Show Ignored Only or Show All from the select list next to the Post New Thread button at the top of the page. You will also get an X when viewing the ignored list. Thanks to lednerg for the CSS to do this. Clicking that will redeem it from its shadowy banishment and return it to the list of normally viewable threads.

I've updated the thread filtering process to search up to 5 additional pages for threads. If it can't find 40 unignored threads on the page you're on, it will look at the next page, and the next, etc. to find threads which you haven't ignored either explicitly or through word or user filtering, and will load them in at the bottom of the page. This should allow you to keep a full page of threads you're interested in.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=944860

Shadownet

Banned
Haha. Curious as to how preview looks tbh. Only ever saw a promo video from MS.
It's even faster than 8? Wow. Can't wait till it hits. Want to try out Edge. Probably won't jump ship from Waterfox but I am still eager.

I swear, I think even loading up Steam is faster for me..

Edit: Yep, clicking on the Steam icon, and it loading up all at once. Definitely faster.

ugh I can't use my PP cause my account is Taiwanese now =S

What do I do to fix this?

Nothing much sadly. I even have $ in my PP Account, but it wont let me use it, because I am in China now and whenever I buy something it shows that PP is registered to a german bank account, but I am somewhere outside of Germany, so I can not buy anything.

And are people really looking for "under 2-hour" long games to play some for free? If so, thats really shitty...

Teggy

With refunds in place, Steam buying back your used games is surely around the corner. I can't wait to buy cheap used Steam games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom