• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
is it worth to get in now?

Not with the upgrade a month away. No need to go to the Tech Preview.

But yeah, Windows 10 is fixing a lot of mistakes Windows 8 brought. I just wish I could remove Cortana and the Metro interface completely to save drive space and hassle.

MUnited83

For you.
You do realize:
(1) I never made any comments about whether or not his choice was a valid one. iosefe just did the same thing and I told him exactly what you said.
(2) You're talking to the real JaseC Jr. here, he may not go for +1s in the same way, but he's definitely focused on game count a large majority of the time.
(3) Again, it was just a question of surprise that his entire budget for the summer sale was $15, as he was saying he was going to buy just 1 game instead of whatever.

Considering the rate at which games get bundled on this last year, a big-ass summer haul has less sense than it used to be, because a good number of them will pop up in bundles in a couple of months for like 40 cents each. Hence I will just buy LEGO Worlds which seems completely amazing to me and games that are in risk of getting removed. I'm still a +1 hunter, of course, but I have been largely been about buying bundles for a few months now and it keeps growing at a pretty steady rate. I do a few couple of steam purchases here and there but thats it.

zkylon

zkylewd
This is amazing!

(Watch the video, it will show its purpose)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqGqDc23anM

tRDorxr.gif

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/neogaf-thread-summarizer/aaclblmjeibhbaniomgigpbchbmbdhlk

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=993461

summarizing thing based on quotes sounds awful but i'm jelly of how quick he loads up new pages

Sasskins

Neo Member
So, watched a gameplay video of Lego Worlds, totally had to buy it. Played an hour before it crashed, and got kind of bored from lack of content. So, guess it's a good thing they added refunds... I'll try it with this.

Then I'll just wait for it to get new content/multiplayer.

The game has potential, but some of it is clunky as heck.

zkylon

zkylewd
i love the new guy from giantbomb, looks like the total opposite of dan ryckert

So, watched a gameplay video of Lego Worlds, totally had to buy it. Played an hour before it crashed, and got kind of bored from lack of content. So, guess it's a good thing they added refunds... I'll try it with this.

Then I'll just wait for it to get new content/multiplayer.

The game has potential, but some of it is clunky as heck.

i like you ahri sister

All the ones I'm using at the moment.
Can recommend them all.

FF users am cry.

chrome%20master%20race%20extensions%201.PNG

chrome%20master%20race%20extensions%202.PNG
for some reason with the exception of the webm mod thingie i kind of dislike them all

just very used to how neogaf works already and any change always annoys me

Indie announcements are never really a big deal though. Aside from No Mans Sky I guess.
The past E3s had some major indie focus compared to previous ones.
From the "leak" I get he means something like that.

Agree with Bernardo. Mostly indie games catch my attention. Usually the ones to try something actually new and fresh. Now, I like my standard stuff but new ideas can be nice.

Jawmuncher

They are often the best announcements coming from any conference imo
The past E3s had some major indie focus compared to previous ones.
From the "leak" I get he means something like that.

Agree with Bernardo. Mostly indie games catch my attention. Usually the ones to try something actually new and fresh. Now, I like my standard stuff but new ideas can be nice.

Or that montage of indie games that showed off like two dozen of them. The only one I remember is Cuphead.

Yeah that's what I was kind of getting at. Usually the indie space is just a sizzle reel outside of a few. You see something that catches your eye but have to wait until after the show to get some info on it.

zkylon

zkylewd
reading some of the details on reddit about xcom2 i feel like i'm gonna have to preorder it

just really like the direction they're taking, what with the focus on more procedurally-induced gameplay stories and mods and better balance in general and i really like the underground xcom thing

hopefully the pc exclusiveness will mean only good things tho i'm not super optimistic about that

Good thing nobody is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to use them.
oh yea forgot to mention

the guy that made the live thread mod is pointing a gun at my head and forcing me to use his mod

so that's a bummer

def sim

Stupid Witcher 3 patch taking its time.

At least it's getting me to play some modded gun game on CSGO again. Dang, what a fun game type.

oh yea forgot to mention

the guy that made the live thread mod is pointing a gun at my head and forcing me to use his mod

so that's a bummer

Good luck, dude!

Shadownet

Banned
So I can't start Witcher 3 and some other games. It would say "preparing to launch" then nothing else would happen.

When I click on the exe itself. I get this error

"msvcp120.dll missing"

For Sniper Elite 3. msvcp110.dll is missing.

Turfster

So I can't start Witcher 3 and some other games. It would say "preparing to launch" then nothing else would happen.

"msvcp120.dll missing"

Go to the redist directories and reinstall the visual c++ redistributables
(and any others you might not already have)

"msvcp120.dll missing"

Off to google with you.

It probably has to do with the fact that your games aren't kicking off the first time setup processes and thus you're missing certain C++ redistributables.

Vlad

My backlog has reached the point where I might actually not buy anything this sale. Have to put my foot down at some point.

Sounds like me during the last holiday sale. I've got a few games I'm keeping an eye on for a really good deal (Infinifactory, Transistor), but otherwise the impulse buying will be kept to a minimum, hopefully.

Dsyndrome

OK y'all, gearing up for a Med Cruise through the 15th, will be lurking mostly until then, and unfortunately only mobile Steam available. Take care everyone, and survive the sale storm. See you around when E3 starts!

Shadownet

Banned
Go to the redist directories and reinstall the visual c++ redistributables
(and any others you might not already have)

Weirdly enough I verify the cache for Witcher 3. Apparently I had like 1.5GB of stuff missing. o.0 so that was weird. redownloading those right now.

Off to google with you.

At times, it's so much faster and easier just to ask GAF, you guys are quick.

kurahador

Question! Does DLC or Expansions has region restriction?

I have FFXIV EU version, and now for some reason I'm seeing Havensward expansion store page in my region (SEA). Can I buy this one?

TheSeks

I may give Skullgirls shit about it's art style and lack of male characters, but goddamn: It really does have the best netcode for fighters on Steam. Like, every other developer needs to bow their head in shame for not using GGPO and allowing Frame Delay with recommended delay numbers based on ping.

I use the recommended numbers and each match I've played has been rock solid.

Jawmuncher

Fully updated windows 7 including optional. No prompt about windows 10.

I may give Skullgirls shit about it's art style and lack of male characters, but goddamn: It really does have the best netcode for fighters on Steam. Like, every other developer needs to bow their head in shame for not using GGPO and allowing Frame Delay with recommended delay numbers based on ping.

I use the recommended numbers and each match I've played has been rock solid.

Don't know why devs won't implement GGPO, hell in the long run I think it would save them money over having to hear about their netcode sucking.

Weirdly enough I verify the cache for Witcher 3. Apparently I had like 1.5GB of stuff missing. o.0 so that was weird. redownloading those right now.

At times, it's so much faster and easier just to ask GAF, you guys are quick.

I meant if you needed specifics -- didn't realize those redist directories existed within the games.

But I was nice enough to explain the problem without just telling you to go away. That's how you know you're on the good list. :p

zkylon

zkylewd

im considering buying win 8.1 so i can get the free win 10 thing and finally having a non-pirated windows for the first time in my life

hopefully there's time for it since money wise i'm pretty shit atm

TheSeks

Don't know why devs won't implement GGPO, hell in the long run I think it would save them money over having to hear about their netcode sucking.

Because they have to license it, and AFAIK GGPO doesn't do the Skullgirls frame delay implementation out of box. But goddamn that implementation is solid. I said "WOW."

Jawmuncher

Because they have to license it, and AFAIK GGPO doesn't do the Skullgirls frame delay implementation out of box. But goddamn that implementation is solid. I said "WOW."

Still think licensing would be easier than some of the stuff they consider good.

def sim

OK y'all, gearing up for a Med Cruise through the 15th, will be lurking mostly until then, and unfortunately only mobile Steam available. Take care everyone, and survive the sale storm. See you around when E3 starts!

Enjoy your cruise, don't tarnish it by using the steam app!

For some reason, I seem to recall GGPO doesn't work good with 2.5D/3D fighters. I think it might have something to do with the amount of data it's working with for each "frame state"... but I don't recall for sure.

For some reason, I seem to recall GGPO doesn't work good with 2.5D/3D fighters. I think it might have something to do with the amount of data it's working with for each "frame state"... but I don't recall for sure.
The reason it hasn't been used in 3d fighting games is that it chews up too much cpu power, something that the last gen consoles needed for its 3d fighting games. It's the reason capcom didn't have an issue with its use in 2d games as they have a lower overhead.

I could be wrong, but at least that was the reasoning behind it not appearing in most 3d fighting games last gen. Given that the cpus of current machines is pretty low compared to the average gaming PC I imagine that the issue will remain as is.

Jawmuncher

So is the windows 10 upgrade not actually for all windows 7. Was doing some reading and I'm guessing now. I know my computer can run windows 10. But apparently the license I have isn't compatible? Oh well MS. i'll just sit on W7....forever.

iosefe

So is the windows 10 upgrade not actually for all windows 7. Was doing some reading and I'm guessing now. I know my computer can run windows 10. But apparently the license I have isn't compatible? Oh well MS. i'll just sit on W7....forever.

how do i find this out?

Nabs

That's just what Namco and Capcom tried saying. There hasn't been any proof to that.

derExperte

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2873...a-free-upgrade-for-windows-7-and-8-users.html

Some editions are excluded: Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise, and Windows RT/RT 8.1. Active Software Assurance customers in volume licensing have the benefit to upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise outside of this offer.

And good news for those that want to do a fresh install: http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-...ade-you-can-perform-a-clean-install-if-needed

It's not showing up for me on my Surface Pro 3 despite having Windows 8.1 Pro and all updates installed. :(

Jawmuncher

It's not showing up for me on my Surface Pro 3 despite having Windows 8.1 Pro and all updates installed. :(

Don't know what the issue is then. I have windows 7 home premium all up to date and i'm getting nothing. If Windows 10 can't run on a i7, 16gb ram machine I have no clue what's going on.

Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC
RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) for a 32-bit version, or 2GB for 64-bit
Hard disk space: 16GB for a 32-bit OS; 20GB for 64-bit OS
Graphics card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
Display: 1024x600

Yeah im pretty sure I beat all that.

Tecl0n

im considering buying win 8.1 so i can get the free win 10 thing and finally having a non-pirated windows for the first time in my life

hopefully there's time for it since money wise i'm pretty shit atm

I've been hearing the same from a few others, it seems to be a having the impact microsoft hoped for in markets such as ours. (Disclamer: completely anecdotal evidence)

TheSeks

That doesn't explain why FinalBurnAlpha'd emulated GGPO's server rooms will play on a Pentium 3 at the very least.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Silent Service 2 -- MB-B7641074E5563411 - Taken by S1n1st3r
Drive To Hell -- MB-318DA4D509717B92 - Taken by DaBargainHunta
David. -- MB-B62848F2AD46D678 - Taken by Kuroyume

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom