• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
I've been hearing the same from a few others, it seems to be a having the impact microsoft hoped for in markets such as ours. (Disclamer: completely anecdotal evidence)

yeah like, it's a cool thing for them to do that maybe allows ppl like me to rest easy about selling the shit we make on our computers without the fear of being randomly audited or whatever (which happened at a place i worked at and costed them a ton of money)

Anybody with GTAV had issues with vsync after the last update or so? RivaTuner won't seem to cap the framerate anymore, and I have prerendered max frames set to 1 in Nvidia control panel.

Parsnip

that netcode isnt ggpo , its similar because it was based in what ggpo does like what capcom tried with Street Fighter x Tekken

In a shocking revelation Wikipedia has unsourced and incorrect information.
Yeah, I just googled about it a bit and indeed it seems that Double Helix developed their own rollback type code in-house.

baterism

Steam add refunds now? Great. And I bet people will still complaining.

Anyway, now there's 2 hours refund window, does that mean cards will start dropping after 2 hours? Any news about it so far?

And to people who want to take advantage of 2 hours refund window: just cut the crap, pirate it if you don't want to pay. Don't pretend you are smart gaming the system.

Coldsun

Banned
Steam add refunds now? Great. And I bet people will still complaining.

Anyway, now there's 2 hours refund window, does that mean cards will start dropping after 2 hours? Any news about it so far?

And to people who want to take advantage of 2 hours refund window: just cut the crap, pirate it if you don't want to pay. Don't pretend you are smart gaming the system.

If they want to try and game the system, let them. They'll have the ability to refund fully stripped from them if Valve sees them abusing it. Problem Solved. Hope they enjoy a lack of refunds when they need it later :D

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You can get refunds on unused gifts.

giftrefund0lq1o.jpg

Ahh so it's on a separate page altogether. I thought a "refund" button would be in the inventory lol

If you can get refund on unused gifts, cant you just buy a 4pack, then get a refund for the other 3 games?

It seems somehow the system itself might still have some problems.

ExoSoul

Banned
I may give Skullgirls shit about it's art style and lack of male characters, but goddamn: It really does have the best netcode for fighters on Steam. Like, every other developer needs to bow their head in shame for not using GGPO and allowing Frame Delay with recommended delay numbers based on ping.

I use the recommended numbers and each match I've played has been rock solid.

What do you mean lack of male characters? There's two.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What do you mean lack of male characters? There's two.

Joke post? One is DLC. The other is a side character of one of the women characters.

And besides, that one that was DLC was added waaaaay later.

ExoSoul

Banned
Joke post? One is DLC. The other is a side character of one of the women characters.

There's two that are DLC ;)

Besides, remember when fighting games were all male but 2 female characters? Let women be the focus for once (even if heavily sexualised in some cases)
Everyone has sick moves and that's what matters :3

There were 0 males on the original roster.
I think there are two now, Big Band and Beowulf. Both were DLC.

I don't really understand the hate for a small roster of 9 girls for the original game. But hey, people like to get worked up over lots of things, so, y'know, whatever.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
There's two that are DLC ;)

Besides, remember when fighting games were all male but 2 female characters? Let women be the focus for once (even if heavily sexualised in some cases)
Everyone has sick moves and that's what matters :3

There were 0 males on the original roster.
I think there are two now, Big Band and Beowulf. Both were DLC.

I don't really understand the hate for a small roster of 9 girls for the original game. But hey, people like to get worked up over lots of things, so, y'know, whatever.

I can't get into any of the female characters. And I know that's ironic coming from someone that plays DOA which pretty much does the same thing as Skullgirls. Skullgirls' cast just... isn't appealing.
As isn't the art style.
That's not a knock against it, again: Just not for me and why I "give it shit."

I did download the beta to try Beowolf or whatever the spelling is: Interesting but I dunno if I'd pay $2.99 to play one character against a cast that I'm not really fond of. *shrug*

Still that netcode. WOW.

baterism

If they want to try and game the system, let them. They'll have the ability to refund fully stripped from them if Valve sees them abusing it. Problem Solved. Hope they enjoy a lack of refunds when they need it later :D
Abuse

Refunds are designed to remove the risk from purchasing titles on Steam—not as a way to get free games. If it appears to us that you are abusing refunds, we may stop offering them to you. We do not consider it abuse to request a refund on a title that was purchased just before a sale and then immediately rebuying that title for the sale price.

Yeah, I think this is pretty fair. However, anyone want to bet that in under 2 years, there's going to be a thread on GAF titled:
"Valve unjustly revoke my refund privilege"
>I tried dozens of games in under one week, I refunded them because all is crap. Now Valve revoke my privilige for refund. It's not my fault that Steam is filled with craps. Valve is a fucking anti-consumer money grab.

I bet 1 gem sack.

If you can get refund on unused gifts, cant you just buy a 4pack, then get a refund for the other 3 games?

It seems somehow the system itself might still have some problems.
Refunds on Bundles

You can receive a full refund for any bundle purchased on the Steam Store, so long as none of the items in the bundle have been transferred, and if the combined usage time for all items in the bundle is less than two hours. If a bundle includes an in-game item or DLC that is not refundable, Steam will tell you if the whole bundle is refundable during check-out.

I guess a packaged games are treated as bundle. So, no.

Purchases Made Outside of Steam

Valve cannot provide refunds for purchases made outside of Steam (for example, CD keys or Steam wallet cards purchased from third parties).
What worries me is Steam Store Refund policy could potentially kill other store that sell Steam keys like GMG or HB.
I mean, how are they going to compete with Steam in refund area? Can 3rd party seller ask Steam to revoke a customer games if the said seller issuing refund?

ExoSoul

Banned
I can't get into any of the female characters. And I know that's ironic coming from someone that plays DOA which pretty much does the same thing as Skullgirls. Skullgirls' cast just... isn't appealing.
As isn't the art style.

I did download the beta to try Beowolf or whatever the spelling is: Interesting but I dunno if I'd pay $2.99 to play one character against a cast that I'm not really fond of. *shrug*

Still that netcode. WOW.

Beo is free for a little while longer, all dlc chars are free for at least a month after they come out.

Edit: Read again, noticed you only mentioned the price of the discounted game and not a discounted char which probably means you're already aware.
My bad.

the dlc chars are free during the first 3 months actually

Even better :D

As isn't the art style.

Still that netcode. WOW.

Beowulf is still free, I think.

Why though, people who use previews seem to like it.

There will always be a host of small but annoying issues that SP1 takes care of. Random driver incompatibilities, etc. The new DX is a very nice cookie to encourage people to upgrade early, but even that is bound to have some pretty major bugs when it goes wide-release.

It's less of an issue that it used to be; Sp1 for Win7 was actually pretty small. Although if you think of Win8.1 as essentially the SP1 for Win8 that was a pretty significant improvement. SP1 made *massive* fixes to XP and Vista (shudder).

I guess if someone is on something pre-8.1, then upgrading right away might not be a bad idea. But 8.1 is in a very nice stable space right now, so why not let someone else iron out all the final bugs for the first 3-6 months or so of release?

Turfster

The reason why 8.1 was so important was because the idiot tablet wankers at Microsoft got the upper hand and made an OS that was a giant leap backwards for the PC, so they needed to fix it to gain some kind of parity with where they'd left off with 7.

Sure, there'll probably be important changes in 10.1, but the difference/importance will be a lot smaller than it was with XP, and let's just not mention the big V =p

ExoSoul

Banned
Yeah, but playing against a cast that I don't really care for, though. :/

Anyway, dropping it. Skullgirls netcode: Best on Steam. Rest of the game: Not for me.

More so the reason to beat them to a pulp! :D
Sorry but that was just asking for it, I'll drop it xD

Ozium

So you children of the world,
listen to what I say
If you want a better place to live in
spread the words today
Show the world that love is still alive
you must be brave
Or you children of today are
Children of the Grave

Yeah

Kuroyume

Banned
So you children of the world,
listen to what I say
If you want a better place to live in
spread the words today
Show the world that love is still alive
you must be brave
Or you children of today are
Children of the Grave

Yeah

Lyrics to the Megadeth song Kingmaker?

MattyG

Banned
Wait, the Shield Portable is discontinued?! Boooo, that was my next purchase after my 970. Any chance of a Portable 2 reveal any time soon?

Li Kao

Un, guys, is it normal than my shadowrun returns shows two big black borders on the side of the image ? I don't care and I supposed at first that it was due to the project being partly made for mobiles, but hey, you never know. Can anyone confirm ?

BasilZero

Quick question.

Buying Mass Effect 2 DLC (bioware points) off of Amazon - can I still use the DLCs for my Steam version of ME2?

baterism

Just released today and ARK already peaked on 16k players.
The thirst is real.
The review is mixed, mostly about the optimization issues.

def sim

Can't be as bad as AC3's combat system. I mean Unity brought back the four button/counter system yeah?

Well, counters are more like basic parries rather than kill moves. You have to keep attacking and switch up between a heavy attack, shoulder charge, or dodge depending on what kind of enemy you're fighting. Once their health is low enough, they get into a kill state that lets you finish them off. You can also force it a bit earlier if you hold the attack button down while their health is at a certain level.

It's not too different, really, except all the animations make the combat feel incredibly unresponsive. Mix that with enemies that have more health and do a bit more damage, and you get a game that feels needlessly slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom