• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

A week till summer sale, or so.
This will be one long week.

so, do we know FF type 0 release date or not?

edited: Toy Quest reminds me LBP

Lingitiz

yeah... nice...
Haha the awful glitches aside, the game seems to look awesome when it's working.
Bad in terms of what? Gameplay? It could be a lot worse. Same repetitive stuff, really. Reminded me of IV some.
I quite liked Black Flag. Really all I'm asking for is a decent story to play through. Doesn't have to be amazing, but let's say better than Watch_Dogs quality at least.

dex3108

New DLCs for Witcher 3 have been added to Store page and they are not encrypted anymore in SteamDB. But there is no 1.05 patch yet.

Arthea

I don't think they've given the date, they'll probably do a big reveal at E3 and announce the release date.

they won't even mention PC at E3, you know that!

I wish they said if Lightning is never going to return to us. I don't like when games are silently ignored and then canned.

edited: in other news Nep Nep did that to gems again (prices skyrocketed), one time could have been a coincidence, two times? no chance
Also Nep Nep cards sell almost instantly, I wish my other items on sale sold like this... preferably before summer sale.

Milamber

New DLCs for Witcher 3 have been added to Store page and they are not encrypted anymore in SteamDB. But there is no 1.05 patch yet.

1.05 patch doesn't even address the random loot in chests. Example, if I open a chest, I see 20 Orens. If I close it without taking anything anything and run in a circle and open it again, it randomly becomes a higher or lower number of Orens. Same for blades. Vorpal blade can be a normal, magic or master item with differing damages.

dex3108

1.05 patch doesn't even address the random loot in chests. Example, if I open a chest, I see 20 Orens. If I close it without taking anything anything and run in a circle and open it again, it randomly becomes a higher or lower number of Orens. Same for blades. Vorpal blade can be a normal, magic or master item with differing damages.

And you still won't get any XP for grey quests. :D

baterism

edited: in other news Nep Nep did that to gems again (prices skyrocketed), one time could have been a coincidence, two times? no chance
Also Nep Nep cards sell almost instantly, I wish my other items on sale sold like this... preferably before summer sale.

Nep have impact, but I think it have more to do with Summer Sale. I noticed the prices of most (if not all) cards are rising.
Nep2+Akiba are my golden gooses for now.

baterism

I know that, we were talking about SE pc and SE not going even to mention PC, unless for FF14.
Akiba? I haven't checked that. Cards sell as good as Nep Nep's?

Yep. It sells like hot cakes. And compared to gems needed to craft it, the margin is huge. I noticed selling it as booster is easier to sell, but you lose chance for foil.

As for FF13-3, I believe with the amount of attention SE give to PC lately, this time they really meant it. LR takes time because they want it to be good. NEOGAF, BELIEVE!

Dr Dogg

I'd be bloody surprised if anyone, let alone Squenidos mentions any of their titles for PC at E3 outside of the PC Gamer/AMD marketing push by stealth. Especially with some pubs in the past saying 'E3 is about consoles' but if it did happen I'd laugh my arse off. Not because my preferred platform is getting some attention on the 'World's Stage' (and it's preffered for me for the most logical and unselfish of reasons) but just shows how much the dynamic has changed. Nintendo is going to clean up at E3 again anyway as I doubt the other 2 or the big pubs will have moved out of their stuffy, big bullshit and high spectacle comfort zone.

dex3108

I'd be bloody surprised if anyone, let alone Squenidos mentions any of their titles for PC at E3 outside of the PC Gamer/AMD marketing push by stealth. Especially with some pubs in the past saying 'E3 is about consoles' but if it did happen I'd laugh my arse off. Not because my preferred platform is getting some attention on the 'World's Stage' (and it's preffered for me for the most logical and unselfish of reasons) but just shows how much the dynamic has changed. Nintendo is going to clean up at E3 again anyway as I doubt the other 2 or the big pubs will have moved out of their stuffy, big bullshit and high spectacle comfort zone.

Nah this is Bethesda year. Nintendo would won if Zelda was there but nope.

I know what SE are doing, they wanna pull a Sniper Zombie Trilogy, they wont't release FFXIII-3 standalone, they'll release a FFXIII Trilogy HD Remaster thing and get everyone to double dip, lololoooool :p
sorry, I'm evil >_<

Dr Dogg

Nah this is Bethesda year. Nintendo would won if Zelda was there but nope.

Bethesda will shit the bed harder than any Gamebyro janky glitches they leave in their games. Doom will amount to nothing but more teasers or behind the scenes demo, with no mention of what's happening to the beta. Fallout what ever will have no footage of the game itself just a slow pan trailer over a wasteland with some 50's music over it. That touted F3HDier Edition will look worse than modded Fallout 3 and still have high levels of jank left in it. Anything Elder Scrolls releated is either going to be tainted or unless it's TESVI it's not going to go down too well with the majority of console peeps. And I'm sure the presenter/compare they have for their event will be as sleazy as a ZeniMax Exec.

Tizoc

I think Skullgirls is a poor man's Darkstalkers.

Gameplay-wise or thematically?
Cuz it's not like there's any other 2D fighting game out there, that I know of, that reaches the level of sprite animation as Darkstalkers.
...and calling it a poor man's thing is an oxymoron I feel.

Dr Dogg

Dogg certainly has a very sunny disposition.

Seeing E3 is the biggest conference of Snake Oil Salesmen in all of Chrisendom naturally it's something I'm going to be grumpy about. Not that it matters much around here these days as sexed up, highly polished, "Actual In-Game Footage", scripted to the nth degree stage demos has a number of peeps jizzing their pants and throwing logic and reason out the window. The about a month before release when actual, no bullshit this time gameplay footage comes out the downgradation threads start upon mass. A circle so vicious it'll have your fingers off time and time again.

zkylon

zkylewd
figured i'd try fixing my sleep schedule after like three weeks of going to bed at 10 am and now i'm going to bed early and only managing to sleep like 4 hours

so my body is programmed to be part of latenight gaf one way or the other

at least i can watch cute koreans play league of legends at this hour

figured i'd try fixing my sleep schedule after like three weeks of going to bed at 10 am and now i'm going to bed early and only managing to sleep like 4 hours

At least you sleep 4 hours, lately I can't sleep at all.

I wish everything would just leak before e3.

yeah, no time for E3 with steam sale :|

dex3108

It would be really nice from CDPR if they would release XP bug fix today so i can continue playing damn game. Oh well i still need to finish GTA V i am barley at 50% of story and 30% overall.

I mean, how are they going to compete with Steam in refund area? Can 3rd party seller ask Steam to revoke a customer games if the said seller issuing refund?

Yeah, they can and Steam will revoke the keys. It could take a few weeks though so I guess anyone could comfortably finish most games before it happens.

This is in the extremely rare case that the seller actually agrees to the refund in the first place.

I guess if someone is on something pre-8.1, then upgrading right away might not be a bad idea. But 8.1 is in a very nice stable space right now, so why not let someone else iron out all the final bugs for the first 3-6 months or so of release?

Yeah, I kind of subscribe to this philosophy as well. There's no need to be there day one for a new operating system. Plus I'm supremely lazy when it comes to doing fresh OS installs so that helps delay it anyway.

Didn't this happen last year? I seem to remember it did. And then there were very few surprises left (such as Grim Fandango). I'd prefer no leaks.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

I haven't been sleeping well either, my schedule is out of whack.
I should do a sleeping ot about different strategies and medications and all that.

zkylon

zkylewd
shut up

you're no fun

you're like that awful ppl in 4chan or whatever that leak new champions for league and ruin all the fun

At least you sleep 4 hours, lately I can't sleep at all.
that sucks

I haven't been sleeping well either, my schedule is out of whack.
I should do a sleeping ot about different strategies and medications and all that.
ehh sleeping medication or whatever is not for me

should probably just go back to therapy as soon as i can afford it -___-

10 am bed time!?

I usually fall in bed by 12 midnight and finally drift off by 2 am and I'm up by 6:30 am everyday.
not a person with very healthy habits so when im dealing with personal shit it makes everything even worse

if i could go to sleep at 5 am i'd consider that progress

Tizoc

Seeing E3 is the biggest conference of Snake Oil Salesmen in all of Chrisendom naturally it's something I'm going to be grumpy about. Not that it matters much around here these days as sexed up, highly polished, "Actual In-Game Footage", scripted to the nth degree stage demos has a number of peeps jizzing their pants and throwing logic and reason out the window. The about a month before release when actual, no bullshit this time gameplay footage comes out the downgradation threads start upon mass. A circle so vicious it'll have your fingers off time and time again.

If only more GAFfers knew of your great wisdom Sir Dogg.

Personally I watch it for lulz and for the internet meltdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom