• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruruja

Seeing those Heavensward regional prices really makes me wish you could still freely trade Russian copies.

Oooo Mysterious Cards. How mysterious.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Seeing those Heavensward regional prices really makes me wish you could still freely trade Russian copies.

Thanks for making me check the price as I inadvertently informed myself of the pre-purchase DLC. It might as well be my last purchase of the Summer Sale.

MaxiLive

shut up
you're no fun
you're like that awful ppl in 4chan or whatever that leak new champions for league and ruin all the fun

Urg agreed! No one seems to like surprises these days or build up any little leak/rumour to some massive game (heh) changing event then when the real thing is shown off everyone is disappointed!

I'm going to try go into E3 blind this year which might mean leaving Gaf for a little while :p

As for sleepy stuff its hard to give any decent tips as everyone reacts differently! Could only advise the typical no electronic devices a few hours before you plan on going to bed, trying to remain active throughout the day and something to get you in a sleepy state an hour or so before bed time such as good read with some hot chocolate. Also no caffeine/stimulants during the day!

Always tricky though especially if you are going through some personal issues a good podcast does it for me or some super chill music and reading with a podcast playing while I get to sleep at a low volume. That is with being active throughout the day though to try and let my brain rest easy in the evening :D

Anteater

you know you could still be surprised if devil may cry 5 or half life 3 gets announced today rather than next week or the week after...

fantomena

Quick Question: If I buy Unity on sale, play it less than 2 hour and it runs like shit, can I get a refund for it or does UPlay games not work with the refund stuff?

Xanathus

Uh a whole bunch of my games in the Steam library have lost their categorization and some are no longer in my Favourite category as well. Haven't read through the thread but is this a thing for other people?

Kyougar

I'm glad the refund policy wasnt in effect when X-Rebirth came out.
First: I would have refunded it, its trash. But I would feel bad for it. I sunk 500+ hours in the X series, and if I have to eat shit every once in a while, it will be fine.
Second: 90% of the Buyers would have refunded it and destroyed Egosoft :(

It's still Egosofts fault, but man....

Egosoft, ditch Rebirth and work on X4!

zkylon

zkylewd
Aren't those the same people that leaked the Sailr moon Lux skin, ya ungrateful hobo :V

madoka lux didnt get leaked

Urg agreed! No one seems to like surprises these days or build up any little leak/rumour to some massive game (heh) changing event then when the real thing is shown off everyone is disappointed!

I'm going to try go into E3 blind this year which might mean leaving Gaf for a little while :p
i like the mystique around e3 so to me its lame if shit gets announced like a week earlier

As for sleepy stuff its hard to give any decent tips as everyone reacts differently! Could only advise the typical no electronic devices a few hours before you plan on going to bed, trying to remain active throughout the day and something to get you in a sleepy state an hour or so before bed time such as good read with some hot chocolate. Also no caffeine/stimulants during the day!

Always tricky though especially if you are going through some personal issues a good podcast does it for me or some super chill music and reading with a podcast playing while I get to sleep at a low volume. That is with being active throughout the day though to try and let my brain rest easy in the evening :D
yea following like stuff like that is probably not for me

you know you could still be surprised if devil may cry 5 or half life 3 gets announced today rather than next week or the week after...
well part of the fun is the anticipation

zkylon

zkylewd
I just requested a refund for it. They did say "you can ask for a refund anyway and we’ll take a look" so I thought I'd give it a test.

i asked for a refund for phantom breaker and my reason was "i didn't like the game" and they told me i would be getting my wallet money back this week

so yea go for eet

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

I am certainly taking that into consideration. Sleep hygiene is going to be one of the main things I discuss.

Talking about refunds... what happens with gifted games? can the giftee ask for a refund? can the gifter ask for a refund and then the game gets removed from the giftee account?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Talking about refunds... what happens with gifted games? can the giftee ask for a refund? can the gifter ask for a refund and then the game gets removed from the giftee account?

Gifted games cannot be refunded at all once the game has been added to the recipient's account.

i asked for a refund for phantom breaker and my reason was "i didn't like the game" and they told me i would be getting my wallet money back this week

so yea go for eet

At least someone's able to cough up your money!

Kyougar

I just requested a refund for it. They did say "you can ask for a refund anyway and we’ll take a look" so I thought I'd give it a test.

I bought this game for 44€ on release and the first reaction at that time was: "It is trash i like a refund"
But like I said, I had more than 500 hours fun with the X series (and still play x3) so that I will eat the cost.

Gifted games cannot be refunded at all once the game has been added to the recipient's account.

That kinda sucks, because some games not work at all, what happens if someone gifts a game that the giftee can't play because it keeps crashing and stuff? both parties will probably feel bad. I hope volvo improves the refunding process.

no regifting allowed

Well, I was not talking about regifting, but like the game doesn't work, so the ppl who gifted you could get a refund and gift you something else that actually works.

I bought this game for 44€ on release and the first reaction at that time was: "It is trash i like a refund"
But like I said, I had more than 500 hours fun with the X series (and still play x3) so that I will eat the cost.

I'd like to support them too...but they made X Rebirth and I bought and played it.

So I think we are about even at this point.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Gameplay-wise or thematically?
Cuz it's not like there's any other 2D fighting game out there, that I know of, that reaches the level of sprite animation as Darkstalkers.
...and calling it a poor man's thing is an oxymoron I feel.

overall look and feel, and I said Skullgirls is a poor man's DS, meaning the latter is superior :p

and I dunno, I thought X-Men CotA was very well animated (that a lot of their animation was cut when the characters got ported to vs. games) as well as some SNK games.

madjoki

That is false.

8ExZXdb.png

F9UoNo8.png

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Or it just means you can't gift something to somebody and then ask for a refund.

the giftee can refund eet and the gifter cant

something like that

Right, but that's not what the page says. It simply says no refunds can be given, when that isn't the case. A refund can be given - the giftee simply has to agree to it first. This is a great step to prevent abuse of the system, but it doesn't change the fact that Valve says it can't be done at all. There's no language that even hints that gift refunding is even an option.

derExperte

What are you guys refunding? I want in on the action but can't think of anything. I'd delete some bundle trash if I could though.

There's no reason to wait for dailies anymore. Just buy everyhing on the first day and refund as needed! Sales will never be the same again

MaxiLive

I am certainly taking that into consideration. Sleep hygiene is going to be one of the main things I discuss.

Awesome :D I don't really know much about the subject as I tend not to struggle that often but when I do due to stress, anxiety or whatever I find distraction the best method for me but in all of these sleep deprived cases everyone is different and can't sleep for different reasons. For me it is usually over thinking so I need to slow down my thought process and distract it from starting up again.

As for Steam stuff I hope the refund policy is successful and doesn't get abused too much and cause troubles for the smaller titles out there. I'm guessing the rough Early Access games are going to take a big hit with refund sales!

zkylon

zkylewd
Awesome :D I don't really know much about the subject as I tend not to struggle that often but when I do due to stress, anxiety or whatever I find distraction the best method for me but in all of these sleep deprived cases everyone is different and can't sleep for different reasons. For me it is usually over thinking so I need to slow down my thought process and distract it from starting up again.

As for Steam stuff I hope the refund policy is successful and doesn't get abused too much and cause troubles for the smaller titles out there. I'm guessing the rough Early Access games are going to take a big hit with refund sales!

my problem is never sleeping but waking up and not being able to go back to sleep

i don't really care, with time i've gotten used to the fact that sometimes my mind fucks up and i'm just unable to so i'll just go do some work or take a walk around the city or whatever

derExperte

There's no reason to wait for dailies anymore. Just buy everyhing on the first day and refund as needed! Sales will never be the same again

Still additional work so no. But as I said in the other thread the days of making fun of fools who didn't wait for the dailies and then cry about it are sadly over. Is it worth living in a world where no one gets punished for mistakes anymore?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
These are dark times we live in. I hope everybody is going to be ok.

There's really no need for snark. The page provides conflicting information to what is actually available on the service. Even someone like me, who follows this thread daily, was easily misled by what was on the page. What about less savvy users?

There's really no need for snark. The page provides conflicting information to what is actually available on the service. Even someone like me, who follows this thread daily, was easily misled by what was on the page. What about less savvy users?

They'll try to refund something and find it may or may not work?

zkylon

zkylewd

are u implying you're savvy

I fear that this can mean that when there's a price error they can do a massive refund.
not a big deal, abusing price mistakes is imo very much the same as piracy

Tizoc

overall look and feel, and I said Skullgirls is a poor man's DS, meaning the latter is superior :p

Skullgirls is based on MvC2, only balanced.
The animation is a successor to Capcom's animation achievements on the CPS2, so I think it's demeaning to call it a poor man's DS :p

Arthea

IDK, pompous E3 announcements are kinda cool. I still remember SW TOR announcement and my disappointment by it being a MMO and no KOTOR3
Another huge was SE FF7 trollannouncement and before that FF7 ps3.
Also Peggle 2 guy

too much work, I'll stick with waiting for sales
also I like how you all forget blacklisting thingie

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
They'll try to refund something and find it may or may not work?

They may not try to because the page labeled "refunds" told them it wasn't a possibility, though. People aren't very good at figuring things out as a whole. We're still posting blingees and gif edits telling people to wait for dailies during sales and those have been going on for years. If Valve outright doesn't tell a consumer they're able to do something, they probably won't try.

Which a skeptic may point out as a reason why the fact would be omitted from the page, but I think it more just a mistake. I'm sure the page will get updated in time to more accurately reflect it.

MaxiLive

my problem is never sleeping but waking up and not being able to go back to sleep

i don't really care, with time i've gotten used to the fact that sometimes my mind fucks up and i'm just unable to so i'll just go do some work or take a walk around the city or whatever

Ouf, that seems like a pain to deal with but it seems like you have overcome it :D (to some degree anyways)

I've found as I've aged it is impossible to have a lie in now never mind what ungodly hour I go to bed, also since living in the city for the past few years this has become worse due to general noisiness of the surrounding area.

Back onto Steam topics again... I'm glad to see Hatred has fallen down the top sellers fairly quickly! Seems like that game was being created and grew a following for all the wrong reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom