• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still additional work so no. But as I said in the other thread the days of making fun of fools who didn't wait for the dailies and then cry about it are sadly over. Is it worth living in a world where no one gets punished for mistakes anymore?

Also waiting for the dailies is the only thing that's still fun about the sales
and even that is mostly disappointing
Refunds were a mistake
too much work, I'll stick with waiting for sales
also I like how you all forget blacklisting thingie

Well they specifically said refunding for discount reasons does not count as abuse

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
NO CHARIOT

tsQW9We.png

STOP THIS

Anteater

IDK, pompous E3 announcements are kinda cool. I still remember SW TOR announcement and my disappointment by it being a MMO and no KOTOR3
Another huge was SE FF7 trollannouncement and before that FF7 ps3.
Also Peggle 2 guy

It sounds like you're just enjoying the disappointment :p

I like E3 in a way where it's a day where things actually get announced, and I'm cool with that but to be honest for me I'm often more surprised by leaks or surprise announcement rather than an announcement at a show where I expect that they're going to announce stuff anyway.

Like if they announce dmc5 right now or bayonetta 5 on steam or whatever, I'd be pretty happy and I'm going to have fun talking about it right now especially since I'm bored, it'd probably even make my day better since I get to look forward to talking about it while I'm doing work, if they announce those at e3 that's cool too as long as they are announced, but I just can't see myself being disappointed over a game announcement or leak just because they happened sooner rather than later, like when something gets leaked here you see people posting stuff like "where are the surprises??" rather than "Holy shit this awesome game I've always wanted is announced and let's talk about it now!".

wilflare

I wanted to annoyed at Uplay's inability to redeem codes via its website...
until I realised it's not a norm for Steam either :/

baterism

Yeah, they can and Steam will revoke the keys. It could take a few weeks though so I guess anyone could comfortably finish most games before it happens.
That's pretty cool of Valve. Great move for PC Gaming.

That is false.

8ExZXdb.png

F9UoNo8.png
Who will get the money? The gifter or the one who get the gift?
If the giftee, I think it can work as unofficial Steam Wallet transfer.

What are you guys refunding? I want in on the action but can't think of anything. I'd delete some bundle trash if I could though.
I was thinking to try CSGO. Play some rounds, then refund it. But I'm feeling totally lazy currently.

The gifter, since they're the one who put money down.
Boo, understandably, though. Who want to return gift anyway?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Who will get the money? The gifter or the one who get the gift?
If the giftee, I think it can work as unofficial Steam Wallet transfer.

I was thinking to try CSGO. Play some rounds, then refund it. But I'm feeling totally lazy currently.

The gifter, since they're the one who put money down.

Kiru

About the game that got restricted in Germany & Australia:
Recently we reported that Steam users from both Germany as well as Australia were unable to activate Hatred on Steam because of an activation lock. The cause was unclear at first, but ultimately turned out that both the developer of the game, Destructive Creations, and Valve were involved in the situation.

Now, however, the activation lock was removed completely, thanks to the effort of Destructive Creations. Therefore, product keys of the game can now be activated and played without any problems, as long as the game was bought on the developers website.
So if you want it in Germany & Australia the Dev's page is the way to go.

Uzzy

There's two things I'm looking forward to at E3. Firstly, Aisha Tyler. Secondly, Phil Spencer's newest excuse as to why Microsoft didnt talk about pc gaming at E3.

Hopefully there will be some cool indie stuff on the convention floor though. Last year I was most excited about Lara Croft: TOO!

Arthea

It sounds like you're just enjoying the disappointment :p

I like E3 in a way where it's a day where things actually get announced, and I'm cool with that but to be honest for me I'm often more surprised by leaks or surprise announcement rather than an announcement at a show where I expect that they're going to announce stuff anyway.

Like if they announce dmc5 right now or bayonetta 5 on steam or whatever, I'd be pretty happy and I'm going to have fun talking about it right now especially since I'm bored, it'd probably even make my day better since I get to look forward to talking about it while I'm doing work, if they announce those at e3 that's cool too as long as they are announced, but I just can't see myself being disappointed over a game announcement or leak just because they happened sooner rather than later, like when something gets leaked here you see people posting stuff like "where are the surprises??" rather than "Holy shit this awesome game I've always wanted is announced and let's talk about it now!".

don't you just ignore Peggle 2 guy too!
but ya, disappointments kinda stick with me, and positive announcements usually lead to remembering a game itself, not its announcement.

Still E3 is kinda disappointing when no new announcements are happening, that's simply how it is. Not that I have something against leaks.

I wanted to annoyed at Uplay's inability to redeem codes via its website...
until I realised it's not a norm for Steam either :/

Lately that's the thing I want fixed most by Valve, seriously, how hard can it be?

Kyougar

I remember a time when C&C red alert 2 had robots instead of humans, green blood, Robots in half Life 1 and a seperate Version of Fallout 3.
5 to 10 years ago Witcher 3 would also have to have a censored version in germany.

zkylon

zkylewd
Ouf, that seems like a pain to deal with but it seems like you have overcome it :D (to some degree anyways)

I've found as I've aged it is impossible to have a lie in now never mind what ungodly hour I go to bed, also since living in the city for the past few years this has become worse due to general noisiness of the surrounding area.

ehh, like many things in my life i just accepted as "sucks" and stopped caring

That's cuz you never read the leak :V

madoka lux didnt got leaked

unless u mean pbe

but pbe stuff gets announced anyways so its the same

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The 11th is a Thursday. It'll start on the 12th in some corners of the world, though.

Oh, right. Guess that means I should throw my "I Am Bread" 50% off coupon in here. If anyone wants it, PM me yo Steam ID and I'll throw it at you later tonight.
---

Well, I bought Skullgirls and the DLC.
KCSeU4L.png
I'll probably never play it, but I might as well throw $6 at the dev for the current netcode. Just as a show of "holy shit you made the best 2D fighting game net code out there" support.

Anteater

don't you just ignore Peggle 2 guy too!
but ya, disappointments kinda stick with me, and positive announcements usually lead to remembering a game itself, not its announcement.

Still E3 is kinda disappointing when no new announcements are happening, that's simply how it is. Not that I have something against leaks.

sadly i missed the peggle guy

Everytime I turn it on it was always the boring segments like ubi playing ass creed or EA talking about their sports games

I guess SE having their conference would be more interesting to me this year

Asgaro

Google Photos is fucking crazy

WYAGHT6.jpg

My face when I realize my smartphone doesn't run either Android nor iOS.

My smartphone (Samsung Wave S8500) has been going for nearly 5 years now, but it runs on Samsung Bada.
That means it has a shitty app store. I actually don't use any third party apps at all.
Even internet browsing is slow and consumes so much battery, I barely do it.

Have been thinking and researching about the current state of smartphones. I'm astonished of the progress they've made since 5 years ago! Not only in User Interface, but also just the general interaction with stuff in the world like wearables (Internet of Things).
Controlling a Google Nest thermostate with your Pebble smartwatch... WAT?!

Really digging the Material Design layout of Android 5.0 too.

But I don't get the trend of 5+ inch smartphones.
I know I still live in the past, since well, I'm used to a very small smartphone.

I'll probably go for the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact. Only 4.6 inch or so and it's a beast regarding performance.
It's not a low spec variant like the Samsung Mini series for example.

Dr Dogg

It's alright Lightning-chan, I can wait for you to Return to play dress up with you.

Speaking about FF I wonder what SteamGAF's favourite entry would be. Judging by the anime tainted of you it's probably X2 (awesome battle system but my ears are still bleeding).

baterism

It's alright Lightning-chan, I can wait for you to Return to play dress up with you.

Speaking about FF I wonder what SteamGAF's favourite entry would be. Judging by the anime tainted of you it's probably X2 (awesome battle system but my ears are still bleeding).
FFT
FF8
Witcher 3 is 30€ again on GMG.
I remember in one thread, GMG and CDPR went sour. Now all seemed fine. What's the end of that story?

Anteater

what have you done

I've never actually played x-2, I would've given it a chance if I were to buy that HD collection, but I haven't.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
i wonder how long it takes to 100% clicker heroes. I've played idled 40 hours and i'm at a little more than 50%

5 mins if you use a code.

Have you ascended? I haven't yet and I'm hitting a wall at 140 due to the cash needed for the next party member.

baterism

Idling finally finished! Yeyeyey, time to finally turned off laptop.
Cards, set.
Gem sacks, set.
Wallet, set.
Summer Sale! I am ready!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom