• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac

Banned
It would be really nice from CDPR if they would release XP bug fix today so i can continue playing damn game. Oh well i still need to finish GTA V i am barley at 50% of story and 30% overall.

You do realise that there's not even a total of a dozen quests that're bugged, right? It's still entirely playable, and the exp loss is... Not a big deal at all.

Jawmuncher

You do realise that there's not even a total of a dozen quests that're bugged, right? It's still entirely playable, and the exp loss is... Not a big deal at all.

I tried to tell people. I went and completed the game and didn't miss out on any XP.

Nzyme32

It's alright Lightning-chan, I can wait for you to Return to play dress up with you.

Speaking about FF I wonder what SteamGAF's favourite entry would be. Judging by the anime tainted of you it's probably X2 (awesome battle system but my ears are still bleeding).

What would you recommend as the best place to start, to get into FF?

goober

So to be eligible for a booster pack you need to log in once a week? Is keeping Steam open the entire time still considered logging in?

Jawmuncher

Current gen only? as in ps3 and 360? or ps4 and 720?

45108_1_1.png

So to be eligible for a booster pack you need to log in once a week? Is keeping Steam open the entire time still considered logging in?

yes.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Interesting how that is working. Will look into it when I'm home again.

I wonder why you didn't enjoy it a bit before refunding ;x

I didn't find myself very titillated!

Page is up but no trailer yet, looks like it's current gen only.
Page is now taken down, looks like someone messed up.

I'm not sure why, but I get this weird feeling like we're looking at another Gamebryo-derivative engine here. Models and textures are sharper, but the way things are rendered just doesn't make me feel like it was a significant advance.

Ic1WWf4.png

Good ol' low-cell draw distance and everything!

Same here. the textures look like something out of Rage. Maybe that's why.

This made me go back and look at my screenshots for Rage. "Surely things looked better than that, right?"

Yikes.

People already whining that it doesn't look good enough in gaming side.

the fuck, it's like people forgot how garbage-tier those fallout games looked last gen. I'm playing through New Vegas now and i'm considering pressing charges on Bethesda for optical assault

Miguel81

It's alright Lightning-chan, I can wait for you to Return to play dress up with you.

Speaking about FF I wonder what SteamGAF's favourite entry would be. Judging by the anime tainted of you it's probably X2 (awesome battle system but my ears are still bleeding).

During my teen years, I would say VII was my favorite. Many years later, it's XII that sits at the top of the throne. Whatever HD remaster that one will likely receive, I'll pick it up day one.

Arthea

I liked X-2 well enough, mostly because gameplay was so fun, and we need more games with girls power, your ears can bleed all their want, but it's far from my favourite, that would be 7 and it's on steam and I haven't played steam one yet.
I have an excuse, tho, I've played 7 12 times, ya it's true

I'd be bloody surprised if anyone, let alone Squenidos mentions any of their titles for PC at E3 outside of the PC Gamer/AMD marketing push by stealth. Especially with some pubs in the past saying 'E3 is about consoles' but if it did happen I'd laugh my arse off. Not because my preferred platform is getting some attention on the 'World's Stage' (and it's preffered for me for the most logical and unselfish of reasons) but just shows how much the dynamic has changed. Nintendo is going to clean up at E3 again anyway as I doubt the other 2 or the big pubs will have moved out of their stuffy, big bullshit and high spectacle comfort zone.

So much truth on these words.

10 am bed time!?

I usually fall in bed by 12 midnight and finally drift off by 2 am and I'm up by 6:30 am everyday.

I usually sleep by 22:30 and wake up 5:00

Half-Life 3 to be Sony funded, PS4 exclusive

And developed by a hired studio!

Page is up but no trailer yet, looks like it's current gen only.
Page is now taken down, looks like someone messed up.

Man I must be the only person here who don't get excited by anything made by Bethesda. :/

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Buying Mass Effect 2 DLC (bioware points) off of Amazon - can I still use the DLCs for my Steam version of ME2?
WYAGHT6.jpg

My face when I realize my smartphone doesn't run either Android nor iOS.

My smartphone (Samsung Wave S8500) has been going for nearly 5 years now, but it runs on Samsung Bada.
That means it has a shitty app store. I actually don't use any third party apps at all.
Even internet browsing is slow and consumes so much battery, I barely do it.

Have been thinking and researching about the current state of smartphones. I'm astonished of the progress they've made since 5 years ago! Not only in User Interface, but also just the general interaction with stuff in the world like wearables (Internet of Things).
Controlling a Google Nest thermostate with your Pebble smartwatch... WAT?!

Really digging the Material Design layout of Android 5.0 too.

But I don't get the trend of 5+ inch smartphones.
I know I still live in the past, since well, I'm used to a very small smartphone.

I'll probably go for the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact. Only 4.6 inch or so and it's a beast regarding performance.
It's not a low spec variant like the Samsung Mini series for example.

it's the same reasoning someone might want a bigger, better, higher resolution TV. Or a 3ds xl. smartphones do so much that benefits from a large screen. Games look nicer, pictures look nicer, Netflix looks nicer. you can up multiple windows which can be really useful. I can see why someone would want one

Jawmuncher

So much truth on these words.

I usually sleep by 22:30 and wake up 5:00

And developed by a hired studio!

Man I must be the only person here who don't get excited by anything made by Bethesda. :/

Not excited. Figured I'd post it since it was going to make it into the thread any way.

Milamber

I can watch someone broadcasting their shopping live at the other side of the world while I'm in the toilet pooping and watching them on my smartphone.

What a time to be alive.

I don't really give a shit until they discuss how they're dealing with decisions, your options, and branching narratives. If they just do a bit better than FO3 then they've failed, they need to take a long and hard look at New Vegas and The Witcher games if they're going to pull me in.

Arthea

I can't summon any enthusiasm for FO4. I still think that series should have ended with 2 and everything after is a mistake.
don't hate me, please, I didn't really mean it, as I never finished NV to being with

RS4-

I can't summon any enthusiasm for FO4. I still think that series should have ended with 2 and everything after is a mistake.
don't hate me, please, I didn't really mean it, as I never finished NV to being with

I'm ok with FO3 and NV; just would've preferred the turn based stuff instead.

zkylon

zkylewd
made my bethesda means it's shit

that's all there is to it

it's gonna have a shit story, shit characters and shit gameplay like all of beth games

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Buying Mass Effect 2 DLC (bioware points) off of Amazon - can I still use the DLCs for my Steam version of ME2?

I don't see why not. The DLC needed Bioware Social network before the Origin change anyway.

it's gonna have a shit story, shit characters and shit gameplay like all of beth games

Hey now, Morrowind wasn't bad.

But yeah, Oblivion With Guns 3 was terrible. Haven't bothered with Oblivion With Guns 3: New Vegas because of it. I don't get why people are hyped for Skyrim with Guns 4, but...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I honestly can't pick a favorite Final Fantasy game because I like them all in different ways and for different reasons. It's like trying to ask me to pick my favorite child.

dex3108

And next two W3 DLCs (will be out next week)

• The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - 'Ballad Heroes' Neutral Gwent Card Set
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Fool's Gold

The good thing about Bethesda games is they are moddable, so even with it has bad gameplay/bugs/story you can wait for the community release a ton of mods and make it bearable.

Arthea

Actually, E3 being just around the corner, why announce anything now?

I'm ok with FO3 and NV; just would've preferred the turn based stuff instead.
Not only that, I actually find FO and FO2 much better looking than FO3 and NV, I wish I was kidding, but I'm not.

zkylon

zkylewd
la mulana is starting to remind me of metroid prime with this whole HEY HOW ABOUT PADDING THE GAME WITH GOING TO RANDOM ROOMS ON ALL THE DUNGEONS AGAIN DOESNT THAT SOUND LIKE FUN???

ugh

Hey now, Morrowind wasn't bad.

But yeah, Oblivion With Guns 3 was terrible. Haven't bothered with Oblivion With Guns 3: New Vegas because of it. I don't get why people are hyped for Skyrim with Guns 4, but...
morrowind is a really old game, it's like saying bioware is the same company that made baldurs gate or whatever

also new vegas is fantastic

The good thing about Bethesda games is they are moddable, so even with it has bad gameplay/bugs/story you can wait for the community release a ton of mods and make it bearable.

not moddable enough

not moddable enough

I understand what you're saying, when played Skyrim I hardly cared about the main quest and I spend mostly of my time modding and exploring the places of the world until I grew bored of all the dungeons filled with draugr and random dragons encounters every time I arrived at a city, it was like the oblivion gates in Oblivion, killed my enjoyment of fthe game after some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom