• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
"Nothing for Vita" was included just to make the list look credible.

I want to believe, just from the meltdowns of people that haven't accepted the handheld is truly dead.

But yeah, Oblivion With Guns 3 was terrible. Haven't bothered with Oblivion With Guns 3: New Vegas because of it. I don't get why people are hyped for Skyrim with Guns 4, but...

God that takes me back:
"IT IS NOT OBLIVION WITH GUNS!"
"So what is it?"
"It is an rpg, a bit like Oblivion that has optional gun play that you never have to use!"

Oh well, I look forward to the one really good 20 minute quest amidst 60 hours of tedious crap.

E3 leak. Take it with a buttload of salt. Most of it soudns totally ridiculous.

11271158_850662095027320_295848587_n.jpg

Allow me to put on my skepticals.

"Nothing for Vita" was included just to make the list look credible.

There are still anonouncements for new games coming all the time. Corpse Party, EDF and SAO just in the last weeks. There doesn't even need to be anything at E3 proper. It's not dead, as much as everyone likes to believe that.

there's been nothing for the Vita at E3 for years. The last memorable reveal was Murasaki's Baby, a 2 hour digital download that went free on ps+ last month.

If it wasn't for the occasional Dangapongpapapaa release, the occasional indie crossbuy dump, and a quirky JRPG here or there the thing would be deader than dead.

Regarding the writing in Fallout 3: that bethesda had to go back and fix the ending of that game because it made zero fucking sense is telling in regards to how poorly done the overall narrative was and how limited your options were. I happened to play the broken-as-fuck PS3 GOTY version and when i went back and read that you couldn't avoid dying during the ending initially i just shook my head.

Jawmuncher

there's been nothing for the Vita at E3 for years. The last memorable reveal was Murasaki's Baby, a 2 hour digital download that went free on ps+ last month.

If it wasn't for the occasional Dangapongpapapaa release, the occasional indie crossbuy dump, and a quirky JRPG here or there the thing would be deader than dead.

If it wasn't for this system having games it would be dead.
I mean yeah that's how it usually works.

BigAT

There are still anonouncements for new games coming all the time. Corpse Party, EDF and SOA just in the last weeks. There doesn't even need to be anything at E3 proper. It's not dead, as much as everyone likes to believe that.

I don't know what any of that is. Unless there is a Sons of Anarchy port coming to Vita.

Miguel81

Putting that Jurassic Park horror game on there is just pouring salt into the wound. New XBOX One controller is the one with the 3.5mm audio output -- still need to know about the windows wireless receiver.

zkylon

zkylewd
I understand what you're saying, when played Skyrim I hardly cared about the main quest and I spend mostly of my time modding and exploring the places of the world until I grew bored of all the dungeons filled with draugr and random dragons encounters every time I arrived at a city, it was like the oblivion gates in Oblivion, killed my enjoyment of fthe game after some time.

mods can't really fix a bad game, that's just all there is to it

i won't complain about skyrim because it's not my kind of game but considering fallout is my favorite series and fo3 is complete shit in so many aspects that were 100% fixed in new vegas thanks to having ppl capable of writing interesting dialogue, balancing the game around interesting character systems, designing good quests with multiple ways of being solved and creating a believable universe that deals with varied themes and is capable of being darkly humorous and also very poignant and thought provoking, i duno...

doesn't even make me too upset. like, would be awesome if beth gave the license to a developer capable of doing it justice but ehh, who gives a shit

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
The environment of Fallout is way more interesting than generic high fantasy. That's one of the appeals of the Fallout games.

MaxiLive

I can't wait to see the reveal, hopefully it will be an interesting teaser trailer before the gameplay demos at E3, also it is nice to know Fallout 4 actually exists so the internet can't stop shouting FALLOUT!!!!!! Every week when it comes to gaming rumours :p

I'm not a massive fan of the Fallout series but it always intrigues me and is a great series to have in the new-gen gaming arsenal!

zkylon

zkylewd
The environment of Fallout is way more interesting than generic high fantasy. That's one of the appeals of the Fallout games.
i mean, it is, but the strength of the fallout series has always been writing, quest design and general character systems

fo3 is shit at all of this so yeah, you can change the setting but beth's fallouts are fallouts in name only

mods can't really fix a bad game, that's just all there is to it

i won't complain about skyrim because it's not my kind of game but considering fallout is my favorite series and fo3 is complete shit in so many aspects that were 100% fixed in new vegas thanks to having ppl capable of writing interesting dialogue, balancing the game around interesting character systems, designing good quests with multiple ways of being solved and creating a believable universe that deals with varied themes and is capable of being darkly humorous and also very poignant and thought provoking, i duno...

doesn't even make me too upset. like, would be awesome if beth gave the license to a developer capable of doing it justice but ehh, who gives a shit

I understand you being mad at Bethesda because it's your favorite series, so I guess I'm look because I only played the first Fallout and New Vegas. :/

I agree. When I played the first Fallout the game took place not so long after the nukes right? So the place was very destroyed, while in New Vegas,
albeit it being protected by Mr. House
you could see the society being reconstructed with the scraps of the old world, how was that transition on the other games on the series?

Miguel81

Always been more into the fantasy stuff, even if it's considered generic. The post-apocalyptic setting is unappealing, but still grabbing New Vegas this sale to see if it jives with me.

New Vegas question: does the game let you play the DLC post-endgame or is there some sort of point of no return where i could screw myself out of playing the DLC? I just
killed Mr House after having upgraded his bots and have put Yes Man in his place, installing myself as the new leader of New Vegas
and, man, looking at the table of contents for most of the guides out there it's actually pretty tough to figure out approximately where i stand in the main quests and how much i have left.

abracadaver

How do you get the last 2 free Witcher 3 DLC's`?

They show up as free but I can't "buy" them because the payment option is not available?

zkylon

zkylewd
I understand you being mad at Bethesda because it's your favorite series, so I guess I'm look because I only played the first Fallout and New Vegas. :/
it's kind of depressing to see your favorite series be transformed into something that looks like a parody of itself and then be praised by everyone, yeah

New Vegas question: does the game let you play the DLC post-endgame or is there some sort of point of no return where i could screw myself out of playing the DLC? I just
killed Mr House after having upgraded his bots and have put Yes Man in his place, installing myself as the new leader of New Vegas
and, man, looking at the table of contents for most of the guides out there it's actually pretty tough to figure out approximately where i stand in the main quests and how much i have left.

no post-game

there's a point of no return that's like HEY THIS STARTS THE LAST MISSION OK?

up until then you can do all the dlc

Salsa

Fallout without Obsidian is still ultimately hard for me to get too hyped about

specially after Skyrim

but yeah I mean. I really like 3 still, so hey

no post-game

there's a point of no return that's like HEY THIS STARTS THE LAST MISSION OK?

up until then you can do all the dlc

cool, thanks. Also, given my spoiler, could you give me an idea of how much of the main quests do i have left? I just want to know where i stand overall in the game.

MaxiLive

From anyone downloading the update for Dirt Rally:

Justbiglee said:
DON'T DOWNLOAD THE LATEST PATCH
If you receive an update for DiRT Rally today please do not download it. If your Steam auto updates then please don't run it.

Look's like we've hit our first rock in the road and you could potentially lose your save game.
We'll update you later on our progress

Backup dem saves!

zkylon

zkylewd
cool, thanks. Also, given my spoiler, could you give me an idea of how much of the main quests do i have left? I just want to know where i stand overall in the game.

you're pretty close to the end of the main story. probably around 80% or so

there's a lot of sidequests in new vegas but once you get there it's pretty close to the end of the game, main story wise

looks beautiful, lots of cool areas and very colorful which is great considering how shit fo3 specially and also new vegas looked

the trailer is pretty lame tho, and if there's gonna be voiceacting for the player then linecount is probably gonna be pretty low

which i guess isn't so bad considering the fewer dialogue written by bethesda there is the better

chronomac

Well 4 seems to have a hell of a lot more color than 3, that's for sure.

And i like the idea of playing through flashbacks or past events.

zkylon

zkylewd
also like always bethesda seems to have a good grasp of how to make something look "fallouty" without really being it

it has like old music and things look like fallout things with vault boys and vault jumpsuits and ron perlman and dogmeat and shit, but then the tone of the trailer is completely different from what the fallout series was always about, it's obsessed with pictures of the past and very depressing and "epic" and other words that don't really correspond with the fallout concept, at least the one had by the good games in the series

also like always bethesda seems to have a good grasp of how to make something look "fallouty" without really being it

Well they are leaning very heavily on the icons established within the series. Rocket ships, pip boy, power armor, Mr. Handy, Vaults. A bunch of things that have been codified as "Fallout".

BigAT

Any recommendations for must have New Vegas mods? Not looking for anything crazy, just stuff that enhances the base game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom