• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
you're pretty close to the end of the main story. probably around 80% or so

there's a lot of sidequests in new vegas but once you get there it's pretty close to the end of the game, main story wise

Crazy, i'm only 16 hours in and I haven't been doing just the main missions, i've been doing the occasional side mission whenever it strikes me. Maybe it's to the game's credit that i've spent this much time with it but it still seems fresh and enjoyable.

zkylon

zkylewd
Well they are leaning very heavily on the icons established within the series. Rocket ships, pip boy, power armor, Mr. Handy, Vaults. A bunch of things that have been codified as "Fallout".
bethesda obviously has a really good idea of how to make a game look like fallout, but the actual concept of what fallout is escapes them entirely (or they choose to ignore it) so beth just puts the elders scrolls formula in the universe of fallout and calls it a day

and you can tell the fallout concept is something that's achievable even on their shitty engine and using their shitty gameplay because obsidian actually managed to make one
Any recommendations for must have New Vegas mods? Not looking for anything crazy, just stuff that enhances the base game.

here's my list: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=153420617&postcount=1624

not all of them are must-haves but it's a short selection of the mods i like that keep as much of the base game as possible

Crazy, i'm only 16 hours in and I haven't been doing just the main missions, i've been doing the occasional side mission whenever it strikes me. Maybe it's to the game's credit that i've spent this much time with it but it still seems fresh and enjoyable.
the game has a couple shitty quests and shitty areas but for the most part it's very creative and varied, specially when you take the dlc into account

it's a fantastic game

Anteater

I'm going to dedicate a month or so for new vegas one of these days, I know my current gaming habit of hopping between 50 games won't allow me to accomplish anything in an rpg :/

zkylon

zkylewd
I assume there are more colors in Fallout 4 due to being later in the timeline?

i mean, the fallout series takes place hundreds and hundreds of years after the nukes, which is why the originals and new vegas are considered post-post apocalyptic

so i think the color thing is just beth being less dumb at color grading their game

bethesda obviously has a really good idea of how to make a game look like fallout, but the actual concept of what fallout is escapes them entirely (or they choose to ignore it) so beth just puts the elders scrolls formula in the universe of fallout and calls it a day
latest

interplay4agsfs.jpg

They are literally just adding images that you would see in a fallout game to their new thing to say "THIS IS FALLOUT". They aren't making something that looks like fallout, they are making a thing and then writing FALLOUT in big bold letters all over the place.

I'm probably the last person who would defend a beth RPG but good god who are these blind people who are saying that this game looks last gen and that it's fallout 3 HD? The fuck, i want to violently shake them until i am forcibly separated from them by a handful of strong individuals.

rtcn63

I want a Fallout x Hitman. You travel the post-apocalyptic countryside as "The Man with the Barcode Tattoo", unaware of your previous life as an assassin, eventually reviving your memory after an encounter from a professional hitman from this era with a similar tattoo, but etched onto an arm the hitman salvaged from a mark only a few days past.

dex3108

I'm probably the last person who would defend a beth RPG but good god who are these blind people who are saying that this game looks last gen and that it's fallout 3 HD? The fuck, i want to violently shake them until i am forcibly separated from them by a handful of strong individuals.

Well it does look like cross gen game. They probably canned X360/PS3 versions last year. It doesn't look bad just it doesn't look that good ether.

derExperte

Not lastgen but it can't compete with W3 at all. Look at the people or the dog's fur for the most obvious examples, everything lacks detail. Some scenes do look good though and F3 wasn't a looker either. Also at least it wasn't a CGI trailer, thanks for showing in-game footage.

zkylon

zkylewd
I guess if I had zkylon's experience with the first games, I'd understand.

But I liked 3 and I am hyped for 4
i hate fo3 because it's a really bad fallout game in that it fails at everything that's important for a fallout game, but if you like skyrim or whatever and found fo3 to be what you wanted out of a skyrim-esque post-apoc game then good for you

latest

interplay4agsfs.jpg

They are literally just adding images that you would see in a fallout game to their new thing to say "THIS IS FALLOUT". They aren't making something that looks like fallout, they are making a thing and then writing FALLOUT in big bold letters all over the place.
i mean, that's not bad, necessarily?

new vegas also had "rockets" and silly vault boy stuff and crap

the problem is that new vegas also had all the core fallout stuff that fo3 lacked

yup, it looks gorgeous

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Fallout 4:

Love it being set in the northeast and Boston in particular.

Do not love that it appears to still be using gamebryo.

Will smash.

Will bang.

Will smag.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
The hell does "smag" mean.

No turning back, now.

I guess that Fallout 4 is done in idTech 5 (looks like that) so no modding i guess.

While the trailer does look nice, I don't think Bethesda would be crazy enough to make that large of a sacrifice. Modding is what helps keep their games going on PC, and if they wanted to be Patient Zero for paid mods on Steam, you can bet one of their top priorities for FO4 is moddability.

Vibranium

Banned
I'm fine with the F4 graphics, even if the game doesn't reach New Vegas as my fellow fans might expect it should still be interesting. Maybe Bethesda can tighten up the animations and textures. Still, they really should use Unreal 4 or a new idTech engine in the future.

Who knows, Obsidian could always come back someday anyways.

dex3108

While the trailer does look nice, I don't think Bethesda would be crazy enough to make that large of a sacrifice. Modding is what helps keep their games going on PC, and if they wanted to be Patient Zero for paid mods on Steam, you can bet one of their top priorities for FO4 is moddability.

If that's idTech5 then it's doing an amazing gamebryo impression.

Well it looks like RAGE and i think that Doom is done in idTech 6 (we can notice PBR in that 10 second teaser) so i am pretty sure that Fallout 4 is idTech 5. It makes sense they probably worked for year on Fallout 4 and idTech 6 is relatively new.

Barbarian

Well it looks like RAGE and i think that Doom is done in idTech 6 (we can notice PBR in that 10 second teaser) so i am pretty sure that Fallout 4 is idTech 5. It makes sense they probably worked for year on Fallout 4 and idTech 6 is relatively new.

I don't know if it's idTech or not, but the trailer looks pretty impressive to me. But then, I'm an easy sell on all things Fallout.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
E3 leak. Take it with a buttload of salt. Most of it soudns totally ridiculous.

11271158_850662095027320_295848587_n.jpg

please don't post stupid obviously fake crap. here is the first of many reasons you can tell it is fake: the person claims to be someone who loads up the teleprompter for e3 conferences. problem alert: the conferences actually are not part of e3, they are independent events organized at many different venues across LA. therefor there is no one person who would have access to multiple shows teleprompters, unless that person had a job at every theatre separately, which would not be the case. here's the second of many reasons you can tell it is fake: most of the items on the list use european-style capitalization (capitalizing the first word of a title, not the rest). this is a habit that is very quickly corrected upon living in the US, so it is doubtful the person that wrote the list lives in the US. this is without even looking at the content of the list, which is chock full of nonsense.

generally if you are going to post a rumour, do so because you're willing to be responsible for it if it doesn't end up true. if you don't believe it, don't post it.

Li Kao

Uh, Amazon now refuses international purchases of games even with things like Borderlinx ? They check my CC address now ? Please go burn.

fantomena

please don't post stupid obviously fake crap. here is the first of many reasons you can tell it is fake: the person claims to be someone who loads up the teleprompter for e3 conferences. problem alert: the conferences actually are not part of e3, they are independent events organized at many different venues across LA. therefor there is no one person who would have access to multiple shows teleprompters, unless that person had a job at every theatre separately, which would not be the case. here's the second of many reasons you can tell it is fake: most of the items on the list use european-style capitalization (capitalizing the first word of a title, not the rest). this is a habit that is very quickly corrected upon living in the US, so it is doubtful the person that wrote the list lives in the US. this is without even looking at the content of the list, which is chock full of nonsense.

generally if you are going to post a rumour, do so because you're willing to be responsible for it if it doesn't end up true. if you don't believe it, don't post it.

Gonna remember that.

Btw, pic was published in the Halo community thread first.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Beyond both looking post-apocalyptic, I don't see much similarity in the visuals.

Plus, the physics look identical to previous Fallouts, even down to the way objects in the room get kicked around like a helium balloon.

ArjanN

i hate fo3 because it's a really bad fallout game in that it fails at everything that's important for a fallout game, but if you like skyrim or whatever and found fo3 to be what you wanted out of a skyrim-esque post-apoc game then good for you

Have to agree with zkylon here.

But I'm glad they announced it now, so were can focus on more interesting things at E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom