• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure that Beth or someone at id talked about how idtech5 wasn't really compatible with the open world style of game that Bethesda makes due to how it handles it's loads or something to that effect.

As to why even bother with ID if you're not using their tech: it's the engine that's used for other zenimax projects that are better suited for it, like evil within and wolf tno. No need to license unreal or whatever when they're making sure everyone else is on the same in house engine.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
There's also a lot to be said about workflow optimization. Their open world games are huge and Bethesda has too much experience with the engine at this point to start all over just because us nerds on the internet demand it.

They can do what they want to do in the engine and the game will sell either way. There's no reason to switch yet.

They will ride in on a headless horse and sing the song of centuries to a crowd of deaf and blind mutes who will cry and sob and heave and lash their bodies upon the rocks of a long-dead coastline.

Parsnip

If that's the case then idtech 5 was a trash engine and Bethisda should have never acquired id.

Wasn't that the whole point of acquiring the engine team?
With Carmack no longer there either, who knows.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if next idtech engine turned out to be just a rebranded gamebryo? :p

“With Windows 10, we’re bringing the best of Xbox with the best of Windows gaming, including Xbox Live and the new Xbox app, Game DVR for nearly every game, and DirectX 12 for better gaming graphics and performance.”

Yeah, that doesn't sound like he'll be talking about (new) games or anything particularly exciting. We might get a Fable Legends trailer though :p

Jawmuncher

please don't post stupid obviously fake crap. here is the first of many reasons you can tell it is fake: the person claims to be someone who loads up the teleprompter for e3 conferences. problem alert: the conferences actually are not part of e3, they are independent events organized at many different venues across LA. therefor there is no one person who would have access to multiple shows teleprompters, unless that person had a job at every theatre separately, which would not be the case. here's the second of many reasons you can tell it is fake: most of the items on the list use european-style capitalization (capitalizing the first word of a title, not the rest). this is a habit that is very quickly corrected upon living in the US, so it is doubtful the person that wrote the list lives in the US. this is without even looking at the content of the list, which is chock full of nonsense.

generally if you are going to post a rumour, do so because you're willing to be responsible for it if it doesn't end up true. if you don't believe it, don't post it.

But that Jurassic Park though, I need that to be true.

iosefe

“With Windows 10, we’re bringing the best of Xbox with the best of Windows gaming, including Xbox Live and the new Xbox app, Game DVR for nearly every game, and DirectX 12 for better gaming graphics and performance.”

Yeah, that doesn't sound like he'll be talking about (new) games or anything particularly exciting. We might get a Fable Legends trailer though :p
Maybe...an old game?

#MCC

Li Kao

Correct me if I'm wrong but in a recent PC Gamer itw he said the new Windows Store will come with first party ips. I didn't follow the thing closely but if they haven't announced this first party content it would be a good time to do so.
I don't reallllllly care but it would be the best time to do some heavy announcements on that front.

Neptunia 1 is 60% at Bundlestars

hyperdimension-neptunia-cover.jpg

Cheapest yet. You know you want to try it.

Dr Dogg

Wait Fallout 4 is a current gen only title? Sure doesn't look it going by that trailer. Also pretty much called the content to a tee (well the first minute and a half of it).

And unless MS talk about either something Gears for PC or that they're bringing Mechwarrior back I'd rather they stay away from PC gaming other than OS and API support thanks.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm adding a "Get Help" button to the store pages with Enhanced Steam.

Clicking this will take you directly to the help.steampowered.com page for that game, since the help interface and search can be a bit troublesome to navigate for games that aren't the last 4-5 you've played.

Anyway, from this link you'll be able to do stuff like request technical assistance or a refund.

morningbus

Phil Spencer: I'm so excited to present you the next half-baked idea we'll abandon within 3 years. Now watch me crack open this cow femur and suck out the marrow.

Dr Dogg

just wait for the downgrade you predicted
Well don't know if I've been spoiled by furry monsters in The Witcher III but the dog looks really rough (was oh so tempted to say ruff). Don't know how you downgrade that unless Lightning Returns Dog is going to make a shock appearance. All the Vault dude has really low polly ears.

Parsnip

Well don't know if I've been spoiled by furry monsters in The Witcher III but the dog looks really rough (was oh so tempted to say ruff). Don't know how you downgrade that unless Lightning Returns Dog is going to make a shock appearance. All the Vault dude has really low polly ears.
Speaking of Lightning, her hands look better than vault dude's hands.
Which is saying something.

NXHZYAD.png

morningbus

"We decided to really examine the open-world landscape and learn from the most successful in the genre: I'm proud to announce that Fallout 4 engine has been rewritten from scratch in Java."

Ozium

there are always downgrades tho

except with nintendo. only upgrades

#searchyourfeelings

also lightning returns dog is awesome.. the delay of it on steam is saddening. :( Lightning-chan

I feel like the only part of that trailer that looks weak is that part, especially the dog. they really couldn't ass themselves to get a bit of fur tech going?

Bigby

So MS and PC gaming huh?

We'll get F2P Halo and Fable, maybe some stuff like Halo Spartan whatever.

And then you'll hear that how many publishers are going to release their games on Windows Store. Meaning they throw money at them to use their store...

Future or PC gaming is sweet, right?

I guess I'll get a WiiU.

Jawmuncher

So MS and PC gaming huh?

And then you'll hear that how many publishers are going to release their games on Windows Store. Meaning they throw money at them to use their store...

I guess I'll get a WiiU.

I can already see the failure of Fable Legends from here. Why they decided that approach was better than a large RPG that combined the 3 games ideas as well as fixing the issues they had is beyond me.

But only Playstation systems are getting retail releases.

Ozium

So MS and PC gaming huh?

I guess I'll get a WiiU.

get

morningbus

And about Fallout 4 engine it really looks like idTech 5 if we look at RAGE

But we will see. I hope that it is not idTech :D

That was my first impression too, looks almost identical to some of the idTech 5/RAGE stuff.

I really think it's just the brighter colors, higher polycount, better textures, and more cartoony art direction.

Rage and the Fallout 4 trailer in motion don't look anything alike.

yuraya

I just realized that PC gamers conference is on the tuesday of that week. And Humblebundle is gonna appear on stage according to the participant list. So they will probably announce some epic bundle during the conference. Kind of excited to see what it may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom