• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

I just realized that PC gamers conference is on the tuesday of that week. And Humblebundle is gonna appear on stage according to the participant list. So they will probably announce some epic bundle during the conference. Kind of excited to see what it may be.

With games we already bought during the first days of the summer sale.

Ozium

fan made

With games we already bought during the first days of the summer sale.

which you can refund

I should find a game to refund to get money for the steam sale, is there a limit to how far back you have to have bought it? only two weeks or something? if so that's balderdash by criminy

zkylon

zkylewd
well, finally beaten la-mulana

21 hours, apparently i'm only missing one sub-weapon, but too lazy to go find it. also missed one or two programs i thin. got all the other stuff, tho didn't beat it in hard mode as that sounds like a very much zero fun thing

it's weird, i feel like i enjoyed the first half of the game ten times as much as i enjoyed all the "back" areas and all the impossible-to-figure-out backtracking and ridiculous puzzles

it's just not fun to play a game using a guide almost step by step

the first half tho, it's fantastic, castlevania with fun puzzle solving and a cool dark souls-like feeling of "the devs are trying to screw me over" thing, and also lots of personality and fun characters and stuff

after that, i would recommend ppl to just drop the game

it's just not fun

hopefully la mulana 2 will be a lot more like the first half, and a lot less like the second

eh....

Khronico

FO4 looks fine graphically
Animations look straight out of Skyrim and previous fallout games =/
Voiced protagonist? Eh....
The environments look really interesting

Even though I'm a huge fallout fan I'm not as hyped as I thought I'd be after watching the trailer. I'm reserving judgement until gameplay is shown.

derExperte

fan made

which you can refund

I should find a game to refund to get money for the steam sale, is there a limit to how far back you have to have bought it? only two weeks or something? if so that's balderdash by criminy

Good point. I still am not used to living in a refund-world.

Damn man all thats missing now is Valve.

Come Gabe..dooo it.

Well, there's not much he can talk about in that environment. Unless they have a new game ready. I don't see him shilling Vulkan or Source 2 much on stage with this little we know about them, and as much as competitive MM for TF2 or Source 2 migration for Dota2 are noteworthy, they're probably not for an E3 stage. Their HW projects (Steam Machines and Vive) are something he could talk about, but then those wouldn't thrill a lot of people. So yeah... If they have no new game to show, then it's best to not waste anyone's time. I mean, that's what most people want from a Valve E3 showing.

Maybe...an old game?

#MCC

Should have worded it "unannounced for PC"

But we'll see. Not keeping my hopes up.

fantomena

Just finished The Witcher: Enhanced Edition.

Very good game, really liked the story. Got to learn a lot more lore. Combat system clicked atfer about 2 hours.

I used 32 hours with most of the side quests.

Now to turn my eyes unto Witcher 2.

Pretty sure Phil Spencer being at this PC Gamer E3 event is this is just Microsoft meeting their token gesture quota...

For people getting their hopes up. This is MS's various statements on their promise to PC gaming.

Sorry, but all MS is doing is blowing smoke up the ass of gullible people. So yea go ahead and get your hopes up and get excited. In a year or two when none of what they say comes to fruition...I'll pretend to act shocked.

Even though I'm a huge fallout fan I'm not as hyped as I thought I'd be after watching the trailer. I'm reserving judgement until gameplay is shown.
Not a huge fan and not hyped, will wait for GOTY edition or whatever Bethesda wants to call it. If quest design and gameplay are still like FO3 then I'll just skip it.

Dr Dogg

Speaking of Lightning, her hands look better than vault dude's hands.
Which is saying something.

Funny thing is though I bet that isn't in game footage and just some hastely made previz models as you'll never see that angle and/or animation in game.

there are always downgrades tho

except with nintendo. only upgrades

#searchyourfeelings

also lightning returns dog is awesome.. the delay of it on steam is saddening. :( Lightning-chan

I don't know, I'm more inclined to say they have got the whole presenting style down to a fine art now. Granted this has been honed after years and years of public facing demos and events where Joe Blogs can actually pick up a controller and play a game and not see something glossy on screen but you can't touch at all. Look at last years E3, everything shown off was actual folks playing actual games right in front of you. For me that made an absolute mockery of the whole trade show glitz and glam of E3 and every other presentation out there where very little of it was tangible at all.

As E3 isn't the right place to talk about PC Gaming, I don't know what Phil's going to be talking about.

Well 'continuing the conversation about PC gaming' could just be Spencer waffling something like 'We'll continue this conversation on 29th July'. Wireless Xbone dongle announcement and then move along would be a satisfactory run of events for me. They've got a wounded console to save after all.

Not a huge fan and not hyped, will wait for GOTY edition or whatever Bethesda wants to call it. If quest design and gameplay are still like FO3 then I'll just skip it.

I'm just going to go out on a limb and guess that the quest design in Fallout 4 will be an extension of the consequence-less content tourism we saw Skyrim, Fallout 3 and Oblivion before it. That's kind of the game Bethesda wants to make, one in which players can experience everything there is with little to no impediment.

“With Windows 10, we’re bringing the best of Xbox with the best of Windows gaming, including Xbox Live and the new Xbox app, Game DVR for nearly every game, and DirectX 12 for better gaming graphics and performance.”

Yeah, that doesn't sound like he'll be talking about (new) games or anything particularly exciting. We might get a Fable Legends trailer though :p

Quiet you.
If a PC version of KI is announced, it's all I could ever hope for.

Hype deflated.

If they allow these kind of console developers on stage, this whole show has no weight to it.
You would expect the organisation to uphold standards regarding who to allow on stage.

o_O

Uzzy

Well 'continuing the conversation about PC gaming' could just be Spencer waffling something like 'We'll continue this conversation on 29th July'. Wireless Xbone dongle announcement and then move along would be a satisfactory run of events for me. They've got a wounded console to save after all.

I'd probably buy an xbone dongle, to be honest. Also, the term xbone dongle will never not be funny.

L.O.R.D

CGlZKDQUQAAQ2tO.jpg

that figure look really stupid

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Just as a heads up: I'm going to be debuting my new phrase "computer exclusive" this E3. You'll be amazed at the number of "computer exclusives" we're getting, like the just announced Fallout 4 and Final Fantasy Type-O.

Suck a fat one, Deep Blue, you aren't getting these games!

Grief.exe

I seriously wonder what the ratio between port-begging to any other kind of post is on the XCOM2 thread.

That thread was a disaster. I was very surprised the ban hammer wasn't brought down.

There's an obvious line between platform discussion and blatant port begging.

also i still think xcom2 pc exclusive makes no sense and no way is gonna be like that

didn't xcom1 sell awesome on consoles?

Apparently XCOM 1 sold pitifully on consoles.

My guess is they will have an Early Access release on PC where they can ensure a profit. Then port to consoles down the road once the game is completed.

SteamGAF is like the dirty back alley, filled with anime dealers and shit.

The Summer Sale Thread on the other hand will be like a nice polished etalage showcasing the benefits of PC gaming.

I will have to reverse my picture this year.

Alan Wake is a pretty terrible, horribly repetitive game.

I feel that Alan Wake really comes into its own on the highest difficulty.

Where you are forced to use the environment to get the upper hand in fights. Really switches up the combat.

I have no idea why some PC gamers can't stop with this "port, remasters, port" stuff. It'ss almost like they are jealous and need to find an excuse.

Yes, the consoles does have ports and remasters, but why give a shit about it?

Sony has to demonstrate value in order to pull in existing PC owners. Ports of older games, especially those that already exist on PC at higher resolutions and framerates, doesn't demonstrate value.

It's all about opportunity cost. Unfortunately, the console, PS+, and Bloodbourne are a high opportunity cost for something that won't see much use. And it seems to be that way for the foreseeable future.

derExperte

http://majornelson.com/2015/06/03/xbox-at-e3-2015/?linkId=14692374

For our PC gaming fans already getting excited for the upcoming release of Windows 10 on July 29, we recently announced that we’ll be co-sponsoring the PC Gaming Show on June 16 from 5-8 p.m PDT. Head of Xbox Phil Spencer and key members of the team will be showing off some great gaming experiences for Windows 10 (and maybe even a surprise), so be sure to catch the livestream of the show on the official PC Gaming Show site or on Twitch.

Fuck it, I just decided to be optimistic and will expect something worthwhile. What's the worst that could happen? Also just the fact that MS is there will give the show more credibility and attention.

Just as a heads up: I'm going to be debuting my new phrase "computer exclusive" this E3. You'll be amazed at the number of "computer exclusives" we're getting, like the just announced Fallout 4 and Final Fantasy Type-O.

Suck a fat one, Deep Blue, you aren't getting these games!

I don't get it.

Dr Dogg

Better than Gamebryo.

I believe iD is working on iD Tech 6. Better support mod tools.

I'd actually like to se and idTech 5 open world game and really let MegaTextures shine to their fullest on a massive expansive landscape.

Oh welcome back to the madhouse just in time of E3 and Sales 'fun'.

Lomax

I'd be more curious about how well XCOM sold on tablets than on consoles, it always seemed weird on consoles but it seems perfect there.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If fo4 is idtech like wolfentsein ill pass
Cant stand that engine...

Carmack's said that id Tech 5 isn't well-suited for open-world games. I'm leaning towards a modified Gamebyro more so than id Tech 6, the latter of which is presumably just id Tech 5 with some changes here and there (here's hoping SLI support is one of them).

Annubis

THE CRYPTIC BUNDLE

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bund...utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=bundle+cryptic

Alex Hunter - Lord of the Mind Platinum Edition
Elementary My Dear Majesty!
Heroes of Hellas 3: Athens
Hidden Object Bundle 5 in 1
Lost Chronicles of Zerzura
Lucid
Puzzle Station 15th Anniversary Retro Release
Brink of Consciousness: Dorian Gray Syndrome CE
Royal Defense
Governor of Poker 2 Premium Edition

When do we get a bundle bundle site?

Humble Bundle Bundle.
Get five bundles for 1$.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Tizoc

Better than Gamebryo.

I believe iD is working on iD Tech 6. Better support mod tools.

Carmack's said that id Tech 5 isn't well-suited for open-world games. I'm leaning towards a modified Gamebyro more so than id Tech 6, the latter of which is presumably just id Tech 5 with some changes here and there (here's hoping SLI support is one of them).

Eh I dunno I'll likely wait til FO4 goes for crazy dirt cheap before I get it :/
Should get Fallout LV running one of these days...

23% off voucher on GMG
23PERC-ENTOFF-48HOUR

Be sure to be signed up for emails for it to work.

Only 48 hours? Unless they toss DMC4SE in the VIP section I may avail for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom