• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
yeah ok, getting mad at CDPR now

game was fine for fucking 60 hours. new patch adds xp bug and they are talking weeks to fucking fix it

I wanna play the thing. it was supposed to be out today

Delete the game, get a refund, burn the money.

Salsa

think im just gonna play axiom verge

resizedpfjmt.jpg

lemme know when patch

chronomac

Steam has bundles now:
Steam is now offering bundles: Angry Video Game Nerd Bundle, GameLoading Member's Bundle. The page looks just like a regular package page, but it's different from packages in the following ways:
  • Bundles are simply a list of packages offered for a single price. This means that every package in the bundle has its own options (region locks, refunds etc.).
  • Price of the bundle will automatically adjust to the price of packages - so if any package has a discount, bundle's price will be lower too.
  • Bundles will be used only for the combination of game + movie for now. Valve still needs to work on details on how to use them in more situations.
  • We don't have a need to track bundles for now as they are just multiple packages at once.
EDIT: Mine's prettier.

Parsnip

Two ways to summon frost.
1. Talk about new Strider.
2. Talk about Klei.

Talking about them both in the same post might cause the thread to implode, so I'm risking this thread by just making this post!

Two ways to summon frost.
1. Talk about new Strider.
2. Talk about Klei.

Talking about them both in the same post might cause the thread to implode, so I'm risking this thread by just making this post!

I think frost unfriended me on steam because I had Strider in my wishlist. At least that is what I am going with.

Dr Dogg

? Sorry, but I only reported that some people, in this case another GAF user, was having problems before 1.04. And I wrote that yes, if Salsa wants other examples, he should check Google, I don't even know if there are other examples, I only wrote that there's at least one case stating this bug is going on before last patch. How this fit with SH thread is unknown to me since I can't verify rumors.

Anyway if you want "FACTS" go here
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...-impossible-to-play-gt-cdprojekt-please-reply

There was at least one people with the bug before downloading 1.03 on console.

Hahaha right if you're not certain or you're just blindly reposting rumours STOP! Go check it out yourself before giving someone wrong advice. First you say it was there from the start when it was from 1.03 on PC (lots of conflicting info on this but 1.03 came out within days of release so that could account for some reports), then you say some people are reporting something but give no links to what they say specifically, then you tell Salsa to go Google it when really thr on us should be on you to back up what you're saying as I'm sure Salsa knows how Google works. If you really wanted to be helpful you would clue yourself up on the issue and point anyone in the way of this mod which is a temp fix for the issue.

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/119/?

There you go, I've done your work for you :p

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm so happy that my bros in Mass. finally representin' in Fallout 4. Will buy 3 copies in hopes that one DLC hits up CT. We have at least 3 cities that can already pass as post-apocalyptic zones without any touch-ups.

Chariot

What has this little one to do with her majesty Angela Dorothea Merkel, grand chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany, leader of the Christian Democratic Union, doctor of physical chemistry, most powerful woman and fifth powerful human in the world? Wasn't he italian?

Lain

Akiba's Trip got patched:

06/03/15 patch notes
Community Announcements - wyrdwad
- Config files (key configurations, etc.) are now saved in the User folder.
(Ex: C:\Users\XXX\Documents\AKIBA'S TRIP)

- Enabled gameplay on Windows Vista.
These are the necessary steps to make it work:

1. Upgrade to Windows Vista SP2
2. If "MFReadWrite.dll is not found" error displays...
a. Install the Platform Update Supplement for Windows Vista (KB2117917)
https://www.microsoft.com/ja-jp/download/details.aspx?id=209 (32 bit)
https://www.microsoft.com/ja-JP/download/details.aspx?id=14539 (64 bit)
3. If "d3d11.dll is not found" error displays...
Install the Update for Windows Vista (KB971512)
https://www.microsoft.com/ja-jp/download/details.aspx?id=3274

*There are numerous reports of the opening movie not playing under Windows Vista.
For now, we have disabled this movie, progressing straight into gameplay instead.
We’re still investigating the issue, and will give further updates as we learn more.

- If the DirectX version is found to be incompatible, the following message will display at startup:
"Failed to initialize Direct3D11"

- Playing windowed in 1920x1080 resolution with VSync OFF is crashing the game.
We're still working on a solution to this, and apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime.

- Players using the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 graphics card have been reporting framerate
issues. We regret to inform that this graphics card is not fully compatible with the game due to
manufacturing issues. This is not something we can fix, and we apologize for any inconvenience.

970 not good enough for the game huh? And you guys said that 3.5GB thing was a non-issue!

Corpekata

Banned
I hope you Akiba's Trip folks don't own 970s.

Players using the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 graphics card have been reporting framerate
issues. We regret to inform that this graphics card is not fully compatible with the game due to
manufacturing issues. This is not something we can fix, and we apologize for any inconvenience.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=166351853&postcount=154

This reads like "Hey, people are reporting issues with 970s" then they googled it, saw the 3.5 gb thing, and called it a day because they didn't want to figure out a way to fix it. I highly doubt that game is using near that much VRAM.

Players using the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 graphics card have been reporting framerate

That's... weird.

Edit:
Akiba's Trip
Minimum Requirements said:
Processor: Intel Core i3-530 @ 2.93 GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 2.60 GHz
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 / ATI Radeon HD 5870 (1GB VRAM)
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive: 3 GB available space
Sound Card: Compatible with DirectX 11
Recommended Requirements said:
Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.3 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (4GB VRAM)
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive: 3 GB available space
Sound Card: Compatible with DirectX 11
Very weird.

Parsnip

Kaleinc

Banned

Knowing japanese devs 970's 3.5+0.5 VRAM is detected as 0.5 and only that slow chunk is used lol.

Momentary

Banned
Was getting hyped of Land of No Night and was thinking how a PC version of that game would get snatched up by me in no time. Then I saw Koei Tecmo was involved and now I would touch it with a 10' pole.

Terra_Ex

Oh Japan, you've surpassed yourself this time. Good grief.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
oh great more RPG maker games

congrats silly

Have to FILL ER' UP.

What I'm surprised is this happened before the article on Indiegames.com and RelyOnHorror went up and a couple big Let's Players who I had contacted. The Indiegames guy seemed to like it, so I'm happy.

Still be interesting as watching people play the current version out there has made me think of a lot of things to improve the game I've been actively working on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom