• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else getting pages not working/responding in Fire/Waterfox to open the same page in Chrome and seeing internet working just fine there?
This is awesome news! Gonna reserve my upgrade now. Thanks for posting.
So what is everyones must buy game for the summer sale?
Forest and Stranded Deep.
So weird. There was the MSI leak, then the official Twitter post and now this unofficial PC trailer.

They really fumbled the PC media part.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Congratulations! I'm looking forward to beating it in under 2 hours and refunding it ;p

Oh my. XD Though it's a free game, so no refunding required. Also while I would of placed the original game as a 30-60 minute game (adding a lot of new content right now though to lengthen it up), I know due to the nature of the game most took longer on it.

Jawmuncher

So what is everyones must buy game for the summer sale?

For me its looking to be Shovel Knight. Heard so many good things about it but yet to pick it up. Kind of excited to finally get it. hoping for a good deal. Also gonna keep my on eyes on games like Axiom Verge and Skylines. But I have feeling they won't get too good a discount since they are still new.

Probably just visual novel fare, unless some actual good deals pop up on newer fare. Like Wolfenstein Old Blood for 10, though I doubt that.

gabbo

The next generation of open world games is already here, Bethesda.

ZTMDEl.gif
lol is this the new grandpa simpson gif

It certainly should be. If only he had a hat

Well, I ended up pre-ordering Fallout 4. First time I've paid $60 for a game in the last 3 years or so. Reason being the game is currently region free and actually available in my Steam store. Bethesda is traditionally very squeamish about releasing Fallout in my country due to cultural/religious concerns. Both Fallout 3 and FNV for example are region locked for me. For all I know FO4 might removed from the store tomorrow.

Sad thing is I'm not even particularly impressed with the trailer we've seen. But there will always be enough to do in a Bethesda open world game to justify the cost (and if not, mods will make it worth it).

tmarg

Sad thing is I'm not even particularly impressed with the trailer we've seen. But there will always be enough to do in a Bethesda open world game to justify the cost (and if not, mods will make it worth it).

I have a feeling modding fo4 may get very expensive.

Kagemusha

The PC version of FO3 always crashed on me when I purchased it in 2008. I later got it on 360 and put over 200 hours into it and most of the DLC. The only reason I can't play it today is because I HATE the subway system. I need to finish Vegas though, I like the start of that one. I think 4 is a good improvement and I may per-order on GMG right before release.

GOG has a new rotation including Apotheon and Grimrock II for $6 each.

zkylon

zkylewd
so liam has 6 stamina left but i move him to a position for him to recover 19 stamina per turn

pass turn

liam dies of exhaustion

ok gods will be watching, switching you back to "narrative" mode

Maniac

Banned
That thread was a disaster. I was very surprised the ban hammer wasn't brought down.

There's an obvious line between platform discussion and blatant port begging.

The line between discussion and port begging is the line called 'Fuck PC users in the ass', I believe.

Because fuck us, right? We don't deserve shit, nuh-uh.
What kind of monster blocks morningbus?

He's one of about one or two dozen people here that I'd never ignore.

The rest of you though? You're the expendables

I love those fucking movies, Doggy.
well it's just dumb to preorder it without knowing a single thing regarding its gameplay and then not waiting to see what it's going to cost in nuuvem bucks

People are incredibly dumb. It's one of the reasons my ignore list has seen daily growth the last week or two.

Catshade

Chronicles of Riddick is 80% off ($3) currently on GOG summer sale...I wonder why it got pulled from Steam while other stores can still sell it?

yuraya

Pretty sure at this point its routine for Valve employees to troll update half life games on a weekly basis. Gabe forces them to do it. Its probably part of the initiation to get a job there.

my friends game gets released on friday:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/366570?beta=0

it's pretty good. not sure how much it's gonna be. Old school point and click adventure game. Finally got greenlit!

Check it out

Hey cool, a point and click, and...the first image is a bull chewing a toothpick, wearing a gold chain, and speaking with a stereotypical Hispanic accent.

When you said it was a throwback to the 80s you weren't kidding.

Maniac

Banned
oh wow that Fallout 4 trailer was fucking bad

- wtf at those terrible graphics
- not ron perlman saying war never changes?
- "epic" orchestal music
- saturated fallout
- voiced main character

what am I watching

I'm glad to finally see colours, but the problem is that they look... Too 'normal', or natural. I'd personally be inclined to see some incredibly-oversaturated, odd, unusual colours on weird, mutated flora instead of, err, green grass, some trees and cacti.

And whichever engine it might be using, the LOD scaling is awful as fuck, and about as awful as with the, uh, 'Creation'Bryo Engine. Not to mention the fact that a lot of stuff in the trailer had visibly low-poly models. Hopefully that'll be improved with the actual game, but I have my doubts. It'll undoubtably be up to the community to fix FO4, just like the last 3 games Bethesda has shat out.

... Mind you, I've liked those last 3 games, but bloody hell they've taken a nose dive in about every which way possible.

And fuck 'em for not having Perlman. He's amazing, and everything, ever, should have him.
b22vlcsnap00005.png

the fuck is this

is this seriously not cross-gen

You can definitely see it's been developed with cross-gen in mind.

Or perhaps they were simply lazy, but that's unlikely. Perhaps last-gen was cancelled due to the problems they had with PS3, or simply due to manpower. Or maybe it's still cross-gen with a staggered release. Time'll tell.

Either way, you could certainly make a prittier game with some Unity Asset Store models and a nice shader.

zkylon

zkylewd
it's bethesda

they're not gonna do anything risky or original

Zklewd Alert: I went into that Darksiders thread. I regret it massively.
thank you but i don't really go to other threads than this and lolgaf

i guess it's a good warning of not playing darksiders, but tbh i only tried it for like half an hour and found it super dull so wasn't really planning on playing it again

rtcn63

It's less Darksiders itself, but people immediately dumping images/gifs of real-life spiders into the thread. That's pretty much all the thread consists of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom