• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think frost unfriended me on steam because I had Strider in my wishlist. At least that is what I am going with.

I did a mass purge at one point and had my friends list trimmed from 300+ to like 50. I figured I'd let the people who actually noticed that I disappeared and wanted to add me back do so in their own time.

Asgaro

I hope you Akiba's Trip folks don't own 970s.

Players using the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 graphics card have been reporting framerate
issues. We regret to inform that this graphics card is not fully compatible with the game due to
manufacturing issues. This is not something we can fix, and we apologize for any inconvenience.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=166351853&postcount=154

The latest in a series of blows to the nVidia camp.
The next few years will be interesting.
Only downhill from here for those green weirdos.

Lain

d6363aa9f36cb6ffbe853480577f261e.png

Oh my.

Congrats man.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
52e08c2ae815a1ecc5355160b5db68f0.png

There's a lot I can't say to disclosures, but I believe I can say this; The Steam Developer Captcha is one of the more complex ones I've seen. XD;

I voted for you. Give me a key or I will punish you with a negative review! I'm professionell!

Congrats! :D

The game's free, so anyone can get it, but JaseC asked for me to get some Steam Keys so it can add +1 to peoples accounts, I'll look into that. XD;

derExperte

Uplay update? What could it bring?

Automatic Game Updates

Don’t worry about keeping your games updated ever again! With the new automatic game updates feature we’ll take care of that for you.

As long as you have the Uplay PC client running and you have played the games within the past 2 months, your games will be automatically updated to the latest version. This will reduce the chance that you’ll have to download your updates after hitting the Play button… because we don’t want to keep you waiting before getting in the game now, do we?

Automatic downloads can be enable/disabled globally in the options menu at any time and can be enabled/disabled on a per games basis via the game properties menu.

Online Status Indicator

Whether you’re stepping away from your computer for a while or you’re looking to simply play solo for a while our new status indicator has you covered. Choose between 3 different statuses and let your friends know where they stand when it comes to sending out those game invites:

Online – For when you’re ready to game, and you don’t mind getting an invite.
Away – For when you’re taking a break. Away status can be changed manually or after 10 minutes of inactivity.
Do Not Disturb – For when you’re looking to play in peace. This mode also suppresses social notifications, though the friends button will still flash so you can remember to check in on your buddies later.

Revolutionary stuff.

And Origin is getting voice-chat.

yuraya

So what is everyones must buy game for the summer sale?

For me its looking to be Shovel Knight. Heard so many good things about it but yet to pick it up. Kind of excited to finally get it. hoping for a good deal. Also gonna keep my on eyes on games like Axiom Verge and Skylines. But I have feeling they won't get too good a discount since they are still new.

Arthea

Why would Origin need chat?
I have 0 friends there, I think

edited:
oh wait, talking with support obviously

edit2: About must have summer sale game? I haven't decided yet, it would be nice to get Trails SC during sale, though

derExperte

For me its looking to be Shovel Knight. Heard so many good things about it but yet to pick it up. Kind of excited to finally get it. hoping for a good deal. Also gonna keep my on eyes on games like Axiom Verge and Skylines. But I have feeling they won't get too good a discount since they are still new.

Axiom Verge won't get discounts until October.

For no reason I'm suddenly looking at GOG, salivating at the thought of spending $50 to get a free copy of Xenonauts.

Marketing sure is sinister.

MUnited83

For you.
52e08c2ae815a1ecc5355160b5db68f0.png

There's a lot I can't say to disclosures, but I believe I can say this; The Steam Developer Captcha is one of the more complex ones I've seen. XD;

The game's free, so anyone can get it, but JaseC asked for me to get some Steam Keys so it can add +1 to peoples accounts, I'll look into that. XD;
Oh yeah, I'm going to ask for a key as well :D
Doesn't that mean the release can't be far off? Witcher 3 and GTAV got delayed after preordering went live, right?

All points to a 2015 release.

Plowing the garden for hours is strangely relaxing even though you're sweating and panting.

And then MOBO is making all freaky shit. No clue if it will perform normal next time I restart.
Interesting. Cutting out the middle-man.
I hope you Akiba's Trip folks don't own 970s.

Players using the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 graphics card have been reporting framerate
issues. We regret to inform that this graphics card is not fully compatible with the game due to
manufacturing issues. This is not something we can fix, and we apologize for any inconvenience.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=166351853&postcount=154
What weird, weird reasoning. Manufacturing issue? So why does practically every other game work on it?
Could it likely be developer issues instead?
GTX 970, the poisoned chalice of GPU's.
Hah. More like the Ronaldo of GPUs. Everyone's hating but it still wipes the competition.
http://i.gyazo.com/d6363aa9f36cb6ffbe853480577f261e.png

Oh my.
Congratulations! That is something you'll remember for all time. Getting your first game on Steam.

Can be wishlisted.
Not final product yadda-yadda but this is by far the least visual impressive "nextgen" AAA game I have yet seen.
Hope we'll see a turn of events in final game being better looking than first trailer.
Better than Gamebryo.

I believe iD is working on iD Tech 6. Better support mod tools.
Welcome back Grief.

Kuroyume

Banned
Hoping to see Crypt of the Necrodancer, Sokobond, and Mini Metro discounted to nice prices. And by nice I mean below $5. Kind of hoping these things would pop up on Humble Bundle, but with HB doing all these gimmick bundles now...

As opposed to looking horrible and running like shit anyways? :p

At least it will be pretty to look at then ;)

So some Curator groups are giving negative reviews because they didn't get free keys from the dev. SMH.

I really hate those "Steam Reviewers" who harass devs to get keys. I mean this curator group isnt the only one. If you check some profiles of devs you can see "professional Steam Reviewers" asking for keys...

Nabs

Hoping to see Crypt of the Necrodancer, Sokobond, and Mini Metro discounted to nice prices. And by nice I mean below $5. Kind of hoping these things would pop up on Humble Bundle, but with HB doing all these gimmick bundles now...

I can't really think of much I want this year. I'll be picking up Environmental Station Alpha, and maybe that new Shantae game if it gets a decent enough sale. Distance would also be a nice pickup.

Lain

I'd like a good sale on DragonBall, though i'm pretty sure I won't get the kind of good sale I'd be looking for.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I watched some of those PS4 gameplay videos and it looks like CoD Batman. Super tryhard flashy and hand-holding/pulling. Aside from that, I don't think I can handle another game with people yapping in my ear the whole time.

I'd like a good sale on DragonBall, though i'm pretty sure I won't get the kind of good sale I'd be looking for.
Naruto has gone to $7.45 (75% off) so I think Dragonball will eventually get a deep sale... after Dragonball 2 is out.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Modding Onikakushi-hen in Higurashi is almost complete so I can play with proper BG's and the voice acting soon! I helped a bit with the voice additions myself but someone else was doing it much faster than I was. lol

I kinda don't even like that

like, I get it, but that's not how Fallout looks

think it'd be a cooler contrast if only the before stuff was oversaturated

I mean

BHSuPa2.jpg

lol
Yeah, some shots from the trailer looks good, and then you have this one that looks like F:NV with an ENB mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom