• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

user237

I'm trying out Tera and it's so bizarre after playing Elder Scrolls Online as my main MMO.

I just made it to the first big city in Tera and there are people dancing in 30 foot tall pink bunny costumes, people riding around in police cars, and giant ostrich-looking things having sex with transparent dragons.

I will say this all is a bit surreal at the moment for me to see.

Congrats on getting greenlit and a release date!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Lucid -- MB-53B23502755CC73F - Taken by Darth Kupi
Brink of Consciousness: Dorian Gray Syndrome CE -- MB-9D44344E366963BA - Taken by someguyinahat
Lost Chronicles of Zerzura -- MB-70FF5A261CFE8734 - Taken by gurm3n

zkylon

zkylewd
But it's still in there, isn't it?
narrator sounds like him and apparently is him since pete hines mentioned ron perlman on twitter

so many good gems in here if true:
* lol at a beth written game being "story based"
* male only mc, but you can have a sex change after the story ends because you're married. because only men marry women, nice.
* female story dlc. what the actual fuck
* oh yeah if there was one thing i was missing from fo3 in new vegas was three dog, right?
* "classic mode" that plays like brotherhood of steel. omg this is hilarious

sounds fake

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
might be real, but i can't see someone with her name on linkedin and everything on that list that's confirmed was made public in the leaked documents kotaku published in 2013 so there's nothing about the leak that really suggests an insider.

Did we really know before this morning that the protag was voiced? Stuff like that's kinda eerie - I mean it's either legit or a really good guess from 11 months ago.

Well, he told us but man, he pretty much ended his career.The mistake was one thing. It happen and he might be able to get rehired by someone else if his quality of work was good but to just leak more after getting fired for leaking... no one is going to hire him in the game industry.

Yeah - there might be legal reasons why this person can't be associated with Bethesda on LinkedIn. Of course, could just as easily be some ahole kid - that internet is a strange place.

I heard in the new Fallout you can ride dinosaurs and there will be a secret dungeon where you can see the old MC from Fallout 1.
My uncle works at Nintendo. He told me these things!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Did we really know before this morning that the protag was voiced?

yes

that leak rings as legit to me. boston? voiced character and such?

the fact that it was set in boston was revealed in 2013 on kotaku, as i mentioned:
http://kotaku.com/leaked-documents-reveal-that-fallout-4-is-real-set-in-1481322956

including the location, the factions, the entire script from from the trailer, and that the player character will be voiced

again, as i said, maybe the reddit thing is real, maybe it's not, but there's nothing about it that wasn't already revealed way before and that person does not have a linkedin to check the "i worked for bethesda" claim.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 3 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kagemusha, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

x0NgVuQ.png
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition Wii U -- MB-AEB5E2A91D7B91D0 - Taken by Couchaddict. 1 entrants total.
x0NgVuQ.png
SteamWorld Dig Wii U -- MB-A2B42D8B1E12198F - Taken by GaussTek. 2 entrants total.
x0NgVuQ.png
Stealth Inc 2 Wii U -- MB-34FE515C625F473B - Taken by BorntoPlay. 1 entrants total.

t1433474690z1.png

Some of the info looks legit (especially the roadmap), while some other looks ridiculous (last gen port later?).
I don't mind the voiced male only protagonist. I knew that there's something's missing in Bethesda games, which is protagonist characterization. Well yeah they're sandbox games, but still.
I mean, I literally never finished any of the Bethesda games except Morrowind.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm putting my vote on bullshit.

The save data transfer from Fallout 3 is just way too improbable.

Yeah I'm kind of leaning that way too, especially since Stump pointed out that we already knew a lot of this stuff back then. And the guy that published the Kotaku article chimed in saying he was pretty darn certain his leaked info for that article didn't come from this person.

But on the other hand, Reddit is calling out the d-bags that discredited her as themselves being Bethesda employees on damage control. So really I guess it could go either way, but it's probably BS.

Also - a lot can happen to the development of a game in a year's time.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Forcing a male character seems like a complete betrayal to everything Bethesda's open world games stand for. I can't see them trying it unless they've got legitimately bananas.
Of course this is the same company that greenlit an Elder Scrolls MMO...

Elder Scrolls MMO in concept is fantastic. Multiplayer Skyrim would have been amazing. It's just that in execution they made a boilerplate MMO

Vlad

Chronicles of Riddick is 80% off ($3) currently on GOG summer sale...I wonder why it got pulled from Steam while other stores can still sell it?

Sweet, thanks for the heads-up! I've heard many good things, and I was getting tired of waiting for Steam to re-add it.

Vibranium

Banned
I hope idTech6 is actually really good and improves everything bad about 5 (supposedly they are working on improved mod support), maybe then Bethesda will use it for open world games.

It would be nice to have the next Wolfenstein not have low-res textures up close too. Uniqueness is cool but not at the expense of image quality.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hmm to buy it when the button is pushed or wait until the Summer sale. I know it won't go on sale, I just want the money I spent to go towards getting Summer cards.

I SERIOUSLY doubt they'll put it on Sale during the summer sale since it just released. The best you'll get is something like -20% if that a la Metal Gear Raiden.

PS360 version a year later is just so "FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE" screaming. Dropping those to focus on PS420? Okay, I can see that double so with the uptake of the consoles now. Releasing them a year later, despite market forces saying cross-gen is dying/not selling well for last-gen? BUH?!?!?!?!?!

I received an update for Half Life 2 Episode 2. What triggers those? According to Steam there hasn't been a product update since 2012.

Nothing. Just like some games that have had support stop (S.T.A.L.K.E.R. being notable) get Steam updates. It's the client or registry being slightly updated by Valve or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom