• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Everyone's talking about Hatred. But what about Gynophobia?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/365020/

What?

yea that game looks like a nightmare

Witcher 1 had a card game? o_o

I only remember that horrible dice game.

i suppose they mean the sex cards collecting

after playing 3 level of hatred...i really don't understand the hate for this game
i mean,,in GTA you kill people more violent than this ?
there is many games that you kill people in most bad way then this game

its not bad , i like that you can destroy anything in the game ( walls and cars and objects )
the execution is meh, you get bored of them after couple of time and you can turn them off
this is so strangely written

Valve time dude.
i'm still waiting for the refund money but at least they've validated it (and disabled the game from my library) quick enough

if it works it's gonna b pretty cool

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Couldn't you? >:3

image.php

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You collected cards of your... Conquests in TW1. Of course there was no actual game with the cards.
I'm probably the only person in the world who rejected the first girl because he didn't want Geralt to cheat on his girlfriend.

Man, I'd love to go back to W1, but I can't remember anything about the story. Stopped halfway through chapter 2 a few years ago :/

milena87

I'm probably the only person in the world who rejected the first girl because he didn't want Geralt to cheat on his girlfriend.

Man, I'd love to go back to W1, but I can't remember anything about the story. Stopped halfway through chapter 2 a few years ago :/

You're not alone, I only let him sleep with Triss in TW1 and 2, as he doesn't remember Yen, but he has a connection with Triss.

You can read through your current and previous quests, including old phases, in your journal. It's a great way to work out what you're doing and why.

baterism

All this refund talk made me thinking.
It make card bonus based on spending unfeasible, isn't it? People can just buy then refund while keeping the cards.
Hmm, I wonder.

Anyway, anyone know why a wireless 360pad keep read as 2nd pad (light at top right) although there's no other pad?
I usually fixed it by restarting, but I supposed there is better way to fixed it.

madjoki

All this refund talk made me thinking.
It make card bonus based on spending unfeasible, isn't it? People can just buy then refund while keeping the cards.
Hmm, I wonder.

That would count as abuse, so if you do it multiple times, you'd likely find yourself prevented from future refunds.

Also you'd be locking $10 per ~$0.10-$0.20 earned for a week.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You're not alone, I only let him sleep with Triss in TW1 and 2, as he doesn't remember Yen, but he has a connection with Triss.
I think my Geralt sleep with another girl during a quest near the end of chapter 1, but I don't remember doing it on purpose.

You can read through your current and previous quests, including old phases, in your journal. It's a great way to work out what you're doing and why.
Really? This is the best news I've heard today, thank you! I was thinking of reading some of the story on Wikipedia, but my fear of being spoiled (and me haven't finished FF XIII yet, despite putting 70+ hours into it) prevented me from doing so.

I was enjoying W1 a lot, so yeah, once FF is done I'm going back to it.

Arthea

i think adding refunds like this is great as it gives every game a sort of demo for you to safely try it out and return if you don't like it

i mean, sure

it just makes me happy to hear u say its trash tier and not get mad at me bitterly taking jabs at it

hey thanks for taking my personal struggles and turning them on me

that's cool

name them pls

Sorry zky, that probably was a bad joke (about sleep), but it was meant just as a joke, trust me.

As for lists of reasons, I think you know those well yourself, like summer sale is coming I need some cash, let's refund some games, or there is a new game I would like to play, I can get refund on this game I finished and so on. It's painfully obvious and I don't feel like arguing just because of argument.
You know why most hackings and ddoses happen, don't you? because people can and there are loopholes. That's true for everything, literally everything. Aren't we all abusing the hell of price mistakes? And if we consider stamgaf being a better part of humanity just think to what lengths the rest goes?
What I'm saying, leaving wide alley for people to abuse things is just stupid.

And consider another thing, if abuse is wide spread devs will try to make their games to last more than two hours by any means necessary, and they might do that by slowing games, adding awkward pauses and if you liked well enough some one hour long indie game, you most likely won't like the same game lasting 3-4 hours just because. have you thought about that?

DC likes putting all its eggs in one basket. Rather than having a nice diverse lineup of all its DC properties, they were all "choose from 40 different heroes...3 of them are Batman! 3 are Superman! 3 are the Green Lantern! 3 are Wonder Woman!"

Well, that plus the fact that the existing MOBAs are so hugely popular it would take more than well-known comic characters to sell people on it.

baterism

That would count as abuse, so if you do it multiple times, you'd likely find yourself prevented from future refunds.

Also you'd be locking $10 per ~$0.10-$0.20 earned for a week.

Ah yes, silly me. The money take 1 week to return. Nobody would be that stupid, and in the end, all those Steam Wallet are going to go somewhere.
No care for D4 now, I instead want that other game he was trying to make. Hopefully Devolver is on that.

Is that game for real? Mastrubating detective girl? I know a friend who fap before coding because it helps him clear his mind and focus. So it's not that far fetched....
Swery is cool in my book.

zkylon

zkylewd
my geralt was pretty much into screwing with everyone

all that lovey dovey stuff doesn't fit the white wolf

There's never enough cute anime skins, all games should have cute anime skins !

i mean just saying

there's one moba that has like the cute anime skins and like a billion players and makes like a billion moneys every month

while the other mobas slowly die and moba number two even has its players pay their pros because of how awful their business is going. and like moba number two doesn't even have a single cute anime skin. not even one

coincidence?

i dont think so

i dont name any names to avoid hurting ppl

Sorry zky, that probably was a bad joke (about sleep), but it was meant just as a joke, trust me.
kk

As for lists of reasons, I think you know those well yourself, like summer sale is coming I need some cash, let's refund some games, or there is a new game I would like to play, I can get refund on this game I finished and so on. It's painfully obvious and I don't feel like arguing just because of argument.
you can only refund something you bought two weeks ago and that you barely even played, which basically prevent those two scenarios from happening, at least in their majority

i'm asking for examples because it's not painfully obvious

You know why most hackings and ddoses happen, don't you? because people can and there are loopholes. That's true for everything, literally everything. Aren't we all abusing the hell of price mistakes? And if we consider stamgaf being a better part of humanity just think to what lengths the rest goes?
What I'm saying, leaving wide alley for people to abuse things is just stupid.
1) neogaf does not represent the majority of the steam userbase. as an example, fallout 4 is one the top sellers list at full price. i have a pretty good number of friends on steam and only one has bought it (and that one is a dumbo), cos ppl here only buy things on discounts and don't even preorder all that much. the majority of ppl on steam tho, they just went "fallout 4 is cool, i'll just buy it!". rare things like exploiting holes in a system or price errors or whatever require ppl to be really up to date with those opportunities which isn't the majority of ppl

2) there's not a wide alley for abusing things, i duno why you have that impression.

the two week thing ensures i can't return old games i bought like max payne 3, the two hour thing means i cannot like finish most games and return them and whatever system they have in place that tracks if you're abusing refunds will prevent you from abusing it enough times to really make a negative impact.

And consider another thing, if abuse is wide spread devs will try to make their games to last more than two hours by any means necessary, and they might do that by slowing games, adding awkward pauses and if you liked well enough some one hour long indie game, you most likely won't like the same game lasting 3-4 hours just because. have you thought about that?

if abuse is wide spread then valve can just make the changes necessary to counteract that abuse by say, lock out selling a game's cards until you have played the minimum two hours, or make it so there's a max number of refunds you can do per year, or tighten up their exploit-detection system, or make it so it's an hour instead of two, etc.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Modding bethesda games is a goddamn nightmare sometimes.

Fucking project beuty conflicts with half of my mods and the compatibility patches should work but it still crashes :/

Jawmuncher

Was probably already posted but wanted to add my own comment.
Still interested to see how Battleborn fares. Doesn't seem like they're trying to push it as a FPS Moba now. At least not exactly.
0.jpg

New Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaeZ9dbhYVA
Game modes and features for Battleborn include:

• Story Mode: Battleborn’s Story Mode is a narrative experience playable in a single-player capacity, as well as cooperatively by up to five friends via splitscreen* or online. The Story Mode is modular, allowing players to choose which missions to enjoy next. The modular structure of Story Mode also allows players to replay missions for the chance to earn better loot;

• 25 Playable Heroes: Battleborn has a deep and diverse roster of 25 playable heroes, each with its own personality and equipped with unique weapons and powers. An accelerated character growth system, known as the Helix System, allows players to level up a character from 1 to 10 in a single story mission or competitive multiplayer match;

• Competitive Multiplayer: Battleborn’s team-based competitive multiplayer action can be experienced by up to 10 players online in 5v5 matches and will include three distinct modes:
o Incursion: Teams of heroes defend their base from waves of AI-controlled minions while working together, alongside their own minions, to destroy their opponents’ base;

o Devastation: Teams of heroes face off in a fast-paced death match and must capture and hold objectives on the map to win;

o Meltdown: Teams of heroes protect their minions as they march to their death at the center of the map. Points are scored for minions who throw themselves into the incinerator, and the team with the most points wins.

• Persistent Progression System: All experience points, whether earned through playing Battleborn’s Story Mode or Competitive Multiplayer modes, contribute to leveling up individual Character Rank, as well as player profile Command Rank:
o Character Rank: Each hero can permanently rank up from 1 to 10 outside of missions and matches, allowing players to swap out augments in their helix skill tree, as well as unlock skins.

o Command Rank: Players can rank-up their own player profile, unlocking badges and titles to impress friends, and loot that can be used to benefit any hero the player chooses to command.

Assuming 2k and Gearbox want to distance themselves from another failure like Evolve. I'm oddly enough kind of excited for it despite not knowing much, and not being a fan of borderlands.

zkylon

zkylewd
making new mobas is dumb cos your competition is insane:
* league is the most played game in the world, financed by crazy rich chinese company that has like a gazillion daily players
* doto is made by the ppl that have a pc gaming monopoly
* hots is made by blizzard which is like one of the two companies that can get away without not being on steam

and it's a genre with an insane degree of personal investment because you spend a lot of time and money on these games and it's very unlikely that you're gonna randomly go one day "you know what, i'm feeling like being a noob all over again!"

like what are these devs banking on, on people not knowing about league of legends and doto and hots? or that they got tired and none of those three catered to their tastes?

I know the game is good because the descriptions are in capitals. That tells me the devs are abnormally passionate.

i know its good cos it EXCEEDS ALL HUMAN SENSE

Ayumi

Saw Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty on Steam yesterday, put it on my wishlist.
Got an e-mail it was on sale today, so I bought it!
Nostalgia, here I come~ (ノ´∀`*)ノ♪

redlacs

well thats unexpected. it says it includes content from previous DLCs. i somehow have a feeling it will be (even more) insanely hard now that you cant see whats behind you

I don't think i'll ever be a big fan of games where asymmetrical online FPS gameplay is the main thing. I think i put 30 minutes into evolve before i passed on it and i still need to try out left 4 dead 1 and 2. I know that Battleborn isn't exactly that but the fact that it seems like it was trying to appeal to the competitive scene in similar fashion as to Evolve has me wondering when Gearbox is going to make a borderlands 3 instead.

maybe i should do a campaign runthrough of L4D1 already and see what all of the fuss was about.

Jawmuncher

They've said that they consider Evolve a success and will make more games.

ey did say that SP would be a part of the next one right? So they already know they failed to a extent. Or else they wouldn't even bother.

I don't think i'll ever be a big fan of games where asymmetrical online FPS gameplay is the main thing. I think i put 30 minutes into evolve before i passed on it and i still need to try out left 4 dead 1 and 2. I know that Battleborn isn't exactly that but the fact that it seems like it was trying to appeal to the competitive scene in similar fashion as to Evolve has me wondering when Gearbox is going to make a borderlands 3 instead.

maybe i should do a campaign runthrough of L4D1 already and see what all of the fuss was about.

Yeah i'm still kind of at a loss of what Battleborn is. Definitely feels there was a shift at some point on it. Since the GI issue, made it sound like it would be another MP only romp.
Hope you have friends to play with, or else you're not going to have a lot of fun. Solo you can see the games flaws very easily.

zkylon

zkylewd
i just want to play australian time rewinder in overwatch ;_;

not really gonna see what the fuss is all about if u play a mp game in singleplayer

chronomac

well thats unexpected. it says it includes content from previous DLCs. i somehow have a feeling it will be (even more) insanely hard now that you cant see whats behind you

From the Steam page:
You can pre-order the game before July 9th and get a 20% off discount!
But you can benefit from a 70% off discount if you already own the original How to Survive game or if you purchase it before pre-purchasing How to Survive: Third Person Standalone!
I don't think I liked the original enough to play it again. It was alright but nothing special, especially visually.

PARANO1A

54.99 here, not much cheaper.

----

You can request refunds on Early Acess titles right? I wonder if this system was in part to help agaisn't some of the greenlight fodder and such.

Really? At 50% off? That's crazy. I assumed we were getting screwed by currency conversion ($116.90USD normally).

That's actually unbelievably crazy. I just don't know any more.

MaxiLive

i just want to play australian time rewinder in overwatch ;_;

not really gonna see what the fuss is all about if u play a mp game in singleplayer

Tracer? :eek: If it is her she from good olde England.

I can't wait to try Overwatch :D Looks like a lot of fun from the gameplay I've seen so far.

Enjoyed HtS for the most part, except for the end when the zombies go all World War Z. Will probably buy when the BUY button shows up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom