• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

I've already pre-ordered it :p I'm sure that I'll find something on which to use the credit during the Winter Seal and I can't wait to get my hands on that controller. It looks like the best pad since the Wii U Pro Controller.

......... I noticed the quicker launch date, and pre-ordered - for the first time since the launch of the Xbox 360, I bought something from GAME...

I feel dirty

derExperte

People were exploiting the promotion for real. That's more than enough reason to stop doing it...

I really don't understand the hate for Puppygames, their games aren't bad, and they have personality.

Me neither, I liked all their games and in the end that's what matters.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Ahh they're the devs who made "grab these games for free during a specific time period" then after a while they pulled out those games from people who got them due to "exploits".

Yeah fuck them.

but I got their games legit from their site but got them pulled from my Steam account :/

That's why to this day I am not buying their games

Just so I have it right in my own head:

1) Puppy Games issues a coupon code for their online store that discounts a game to free. In the tweet advertising the code, it is expressed that it is good for one game.

2) The internet abuses the give away.

3) Puppy Games revokes the keys for people who took more than one game.

4) A day later, Puppy Games reactivates the first key abusers "bought" on their website, letting people who abused the giveaway have one of their games, as intended.

So... Why are you upset?

Dr Dogg

......... I noticed the quicker launch date, and pre-ordered - for the first time since the launch of the Xbox 360, I bought something from GAME...

I feel dirty

Part of the problem...

The tyranny of Only At GAME will forever plague these shores!!!

I say that in jest but last week during half term the one by me was dead. No screaming kids, no parents being cajoled into buying GTAV, no riff raff trying to sell stollen mobile phones, Christ no shoplifters either. I think after the inital 'wow' factor of the current crop of consoles has worn off they're a bit lacking in stuff to sell at 20% more than anyone else. Even amiibo's won't save them.

madjoki

55€ is a bit much.

70,09€ with shipping

Fs3DIjs.png

morningbus

Welp, just preordered the Steam Controller.

I also noticed that it is eligible for free shipping through Gamestop, but the Steam store has about $8 shipping and handling in the US.

Nabs

Just picked up a Steam Link. Lets go.

Welp, just preordered the Steam Controller.

I also noticed that it is eligible for free shipping through Gamestop, but the Steam store has about $8 shipping and handling in the US.

Woops. I should have just ordered the Link through them. I was kind of hoping it would appear on the Steam Friends Activity Feed.

morningbus

Just picked up a Steam Link. Lets go.

Woops. I should have just ordered the Link through them. I was kind of hoping it would appear on the Steam Friends Activity Feed.

We want refunds

We want refunds

Yeah.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Steam controller pre-ordered, we'll see how it goes. I'm ready to give up on this Xbox One controller I've been using, those top triggers are just terrible.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
"their games"? You mean more than one? There's your answer then.

You probably weren't there. It was a bundle game, two different games (I forgot which but one of them is Titans).

While I can understand that you are angry at them for having revoked a game that you bought, I must ask a question: Did you try to contact them explaining what happened?

Yup, no replies.

Just so I have it right in my own head:

No it wasn't repeated games. Like I said, I recall that it was two different games. What happened was that I think you got the game Steam-free instead rather than being them activatable by steam? I forgot the details since it's been years. But it left a sour taste in my mouth.

rtcn63

I'll wait until it's out. Hardware always goes through revisions, and the early XB1/PS4 controllers had (have?) serious build issues.

Being able to play older FPS titles leaned back would be great though. Only do single-player so.

Zeknurn

Someone should tell Valve that if you want to people to enter a State or Province they should let you enter more than three characters.

So... if the Steam Link is just going to use a ton of cables and basically be a router... why not just hook an HDMI cable to the TV directly?

morningbus

No it wasn't repeated games. Like I said, I recall that it was two different games. What happened was that I think you got the game Steam-free instead rather than being them activatable by steam? I forgot the details since it's been years. But it left a sour taste in my mouth.

I'm not sure I follow. Which part of my accounting up there isn't accurate?

And, also, to be clear, you didn't pay any actual money for anything, right? A previous posters seemed to think you paid some money.

So... if the Steam Link is just going to use a ton of cables and basically be a router... why not just hook an HDMI cable to the TV directly?

For runs greater than 30 feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom