• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

iWr8wQu.gif

why is this so perfect

GaussTek

Realized that I had this unused key when I was pre-ordering BM20 on Groupees, please take it:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 1 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

BoxesWithGuns -- MB-F8E09BF9DBB6BCF0 - Taken by ExoSoul

Weird to see lot of people being excited for the controller now when before it was a laughing stock. It only takes a good trailer I guess lol.

Amzin

People have been excited for a while. Other people have been skeptical for forever. Other people do not care. The excited people are the ones speaking up now :p

Kiru

Weird to see lot of people being excited for the controller now when before it was a laughing stock. It only takes a good trailer I guess lol.
I like the concept & idea, but it still looks so fucking cheap to me... To buy or not to buy... Decisions...

Maniac

Banned
This is probably the only politically correct way to say it in local vernacular.

Yeah, absolutely. There's also so much history here and there is just so many innocuous, but neat things for the developers to exploit.

I just hope we get a DLC where we have to go into MaineVACATIONLAND searching for Moxie.

And isn't that the most important thing of all?
It is most definitely the most important thing of all. But yeah, the only reason I was excited about FO4 at a time (but I'm not exactly "excited" as such, although I do look forward to it) was... Boston. It seems like a muuuuch more interesting location than DC. Hopefully we'll have less boring-barren wasteland, more post-apocalyptic city & city-ruin environments.

And it looks like they've discovered colours, so that's cool too.

derExperte

Still seeing some names in that thread that usually don't give one fuck about PC gaming but are complaining about how it can't possibly work.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Bethesda starting to really feel themselves. I'm expecting Activision-tier garbage sales becoming a thing for them in the upcoming years.

Becoming?

No, dear. That already has happened. Look at their DLC while they sale things. Thank god for that paid-mod fiasco. Gave me the chance to get a good deal on Skyrim's DLC.

Maniac

Banned
Damn right.

Certainly possible. I imagine that many gentlemen have simulated a stimulating staking session with the slayer.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

That's the only response you need, correct?

I've yet to see the trailer, but I've personally been excited for it from the get-go. It always sounded brilliant. If it's (simply anywhere near) as good or better than my 360 controller for controller-oriented games? That's fucking great, but what I really care about is the KBM simulating...ness, it's the main reason I want one.

And also because I've always loved a good trackball aswell as a good trackpad.

Edit: Just watched it.

That's a pretty good ad. If I had any kind of an income I'd jump on it.

... Too bad I don't.

If it means that developers will make competent controller profiles for their non-controller-friendly games then it's possibly the best thing done for that comfy couch, big picture mode PC future.

Having just played through Max Payne 2 with a fan developed xpadder profile the idea of a better solution to making every game controller compatible is welcome. Now, to see how practical this thing turns out to be compared to joy2key or xpadder.

TheSeks

I hope the current DLC is finally discounted when the game is inevitably made a featured deal during the Summer Sale. I feel as though I've been waiting forever.

I bought the Kart DLC and I think that's it for me. I was waiting for the season pass, and when Bohemia did their publisher sale, I just went "fuck it" and will ignore the other two + expansions at this point.

Screw them in taking forever to deep discount.

Edit: In fact, I'm kinda disappointed with Arma 3 in general due to 1) optimization problems and 2) DLC [read: Karts] isn't really used and 3) filter for the server browser so you can find what you want [read: Kart servers] SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I bought the Kart DLC and I think that's it for me. I was waiting for the season pass, and when Bohemia did their publisher sale, I just went "fuck it" and will ignore the other two + expansions at this point.

Screw them in taking forever to deep discount.

Edit: In fact, I'm kinda disappointed with Arma 3 in general due to 1) optimization problems and 2) DLC [read: Karts] isn't really used and 3) filter for the server browser so you can find what you want [read: Kart servers] SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS.

Yeah, depending on how my budget unfolds I might pick up the DLC regardless as part of my final day splurge.

Words of someone who didn't actually play the game ;)

Sorry, I have no interest in bird dating or bird puns.
I find most of the concept and content more annoying and rage inducing than the childish nature of some of the Saint's Row humor.

Most game collectors, even serious ones, more or less stopped bothering with DLC after Valve separated it from the game count figure. Personally, I don't see the point in collecting games if you're going to half-arse it and only buy DLC you actually want. You might as well just buy the games you want, too, and save yourself a ton of money.

Edit: To be clear, this isn't in response to Lego Spaceman's post. For all I know he makes good use of those 3000 games... or intends to.

Hey, I make good use of my games (or intend to).
I'm already over 50 games completed this year (mostly on Steam/PC).

Looks pretty normal for non-crazy people
If you can call people with 3k games that

4459102_o_zpsfdf8b49b.gif

I don't really care about DLC besides for games I really like. and the DLC should be something worthwhile...

I agree wholeheartedly.
Perhaps your ratio is a sign of bundle-padding. ;)

TheSeks

Yeah, depending on how my budget unfolds I might pick up the DLC regardless as part of my final day splurge.

What's funny to me is that they deep discounted the entire thing (Arma 3 + Bundle of DLC) for later/non-Early Access people but they didn't discount the DLC at all. It's like "really, Bohemia? That's the thanks I get?"

MUnited83

For you.
Sorry, I have no interest in bird dating or bird puns.
I find most of the concept and content more annoying and rage inducing than the childish nature of some of the Saint's Row humor.

As I said, definitely words of someone who didn't actually play it and it's judging it by its cover :)

TheSeks

As I said, definitely words of someone who didn't actually play it and it's judging it by its cover :)

This. Next time it's on Sale, Corrosive buy it and give it at chance at least. You can finish one of the storylines within 45 mins, so if you don't like it return it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom