• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just throwing this out there (though I don't think this applies to anyone here) but if you support Enhanced Steam through Patreon can you please make sure that your credit card on file with them is up to date?

From the $274.00 pledged this month, $131.00 was declined. That's almost half. It means I'm going to be paying for a few of Enhanced Steam's servers to be running over the summer sale out of my own pocket.

Also, a huge thanks to all of those people who continue to successfully support Enhanced Steam through Patreon - the servers that are in place now certainly wouldn't be possible without your help.

Nzyme32

sorry for the dumb question but how do i know what sound card i have?

Right click the speaker icon at the bottom right of the screen on the taskbar, then choose playback devices. The one at the top of the list with the green tick is the one you are using

Just throwing this out there (though I don't think this applies to anyone here) but if you support Enhanced Steam through Patreon can you please make sure that your credit card on file with them is up to date?

From the $274.00 pledged this month, $131.00 was declined. That's almost half. It means I'm going to be paying for a few of Enhanced Steam's servers to be running over the summer sale out of my own pocket.

Also, a huge thanks to all of those people who continue to successfully support Enhanced Steam through Patreon - the servers that are in place now certainly wouldn't be possible without your help.

I wonder if those people ran into the same issue as me. My cards were canceled prematurely because the bank sent out the new chip versions. I had a couple Kickstarter charges fail because of that.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Muffin Knight -- MB-FD14763A018DC8A3 - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo
BlazBlue Calamity Trigger -- MB-0EDAFB825F8FAA4E - Taken by iosefe

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I wonder if those people ran into the same issue as me. My cards were canceled prematurely because the bank sent out the new chip versions. I had a couple Kickstarter charges fail because of that.

I assume it has to be something like that because usually not that many of the donations fail. I also assume that Patreon sent out emails that the cards were declined, but I might follow up with a few people individually just so that they're aware.

I assume it has to be something like that because usually not that many of the donations fail. I also assume that Patreon sent out emails that the cards were declined, but I might follow up with a few people individually just so that they're aware.

Yeah, Kickstarter emailed me about it. That's actually how I figured out that my card had expired. I assume Patreon does the same.

Fox318

If I own skullgirls would the 2 days left thing show up?

I own too many games I can't remember if I bought it or not

I don't remember half of the New Vegas mods I have installed. Went outside and I was blinded and subsequently killed by a giant sandstorm.

Messiah

Click the picture if you want to apply! :)

I so hope I get picked this time. Didn't have luck with Nep Nep 2. Probably didn't like my really old ass GPU. Here I thought that would make my specs more interesting...

Nice, hope I will get in this time.

They really need to fix the Nep2 icon though.

Edit: They just fixed it. Iffy lurking steamGAF confirmed
;)

I so hope I get picked this time. Didn't have luck with Nep Nep 2. Probably didn't like my really old ass GPU. Here I thought that would make my specs more interesting...

Entered. Let´s see whether my PC and experience with other JRPG betas matter ;)

Offer a trade to get a badge ready for the summer sale

"You have 1 new item in your inventory"

Oho, is that what I think it is? :)

No. No it's not. Three 50% off coupons for Antisquad DLC. So....um...yeah, if anyone played Antisquad and decided they wanted more of it? Just let me know and I'll throw some coupons at you. But something tells me they're gonna expire in my inventory.

Ozium

Offer a trade to get a badge ready for the summer sale

"You have 1 new item in your inventory"

Oho, is that what I think it is? :)

No. No it's not. Three 50% off coupons for Antisquad DLC. So....um...yeah, if anyone played Antisquad and decided they wanted more of it? Just let me know and I'll throw some coupons at you. But something tells me they're gonna expire in my inventory.

I got 3 of those coupons..

T H R E E

coincidence
confirmed

Phew, you guys sure love to post a lot.
So many pages to skim.

30° today in the shade. Felt like a melting popsicle.
Nice, sweaty summer days here I come!
Welp, just preordered the Steam Controller.

I also noticed that it is eligible for free shipping through Gamestop, but the Steam store has about $8 shipping and handling in the US.
You got a tag! Congrats. Just days after I posted about it, haha. Mere coincidence? I think not!
Doesn't feel as great as I thought it would :p

LyfudBD.png

On to the next 1000!

And you people should all buy "You Must Build A Boat"!
"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
To think that tag is from numero 1000! How time flies by. Congrats yo!
then you never played a paradox grand strategy game or a round of Fifa manager (R.I.P)
Damn, can't even imagine bigger than that o_O
Groupees BM 20 preorder is live

https://groupees.com/bm20

$2.50 for 7 games+bonus
Pier Solar
Shadowgate
Bully (maybe)
and others were guesses/hints.

Preordered. *please not a fluke like last groupees preorder 😥

LuuKyK

Really looking forward to this game so I applied.

Lain

Nice, applied.

Parsnip

Thanks for the heads up. Might as well apply.
Haven't gotten into any closed betas before, outside of Kickstarter related stuff.

Well, I sent my true specs. They're really low-end.
I wonder what kind of specs they're looking for the most. Probably want to see if their game works on a 970.

I imagine they'll look for as wide variety of system configs as possible.

Khronico

Never really seen anything about this game but what the heck, more anime is always good. Applied.

You Must Build a Boat is great if you liked 10,000,000. It's fundamentally the same game; a bit more complex but only just a bit.

In between that and Regency Solitaire it's been a good few weeks for casual games. Now I just need a new Artifex Mundi hidden object / adventure game to complete the trifecta.

Locust

F3 GOTY and F:NV used to be five bucks each.
Fun fact: with the exception of one 75% off sale on Fallout 3 DLC in summer 2014 (probably a mistake), separate DLCs for Bethesda games have not had equal sales to the main game / GOTY edition since 2013. They always put a smaller discount on DLC, making GOTY edition vastly cheaper than DLC separately. And there's no upgrade to GOTY option, of course.

Enough reason to not buy F4 at launch unless you can get it cheap from some other region, imo.

A0GTAm7.png

Finally finished The Witcher. What a ride.

It is a very solid RPG with an extraordinary good world filled with great, unique characters who actually feel real. It is definitely the driving force for me. Loved the mature themes, struggles and politics. It's a very interesting world which I absolutely want to learn and change further. Thankfully the next two games are already waiting for me :)

While The Witcher offers some very highs in certain parts, it sadly also has some mediocre parts which only feel that lesser compared to the great things. Combat, especially swordplay feels too passive. Thankfully the signs (magic spells) feel more direct and upon some leveling up therein are very good methods of spicing combat up. Personally ended up using only two signs, Ard and Igni, so I would have appreciated some more diversity in offensive spells but I just settled with what was offered and it still was plenty enjoyable.

Another very important aspect is alchemy. Despite what the game might tell you at the start considering it being not needed at easy difficulty, it absolutely is. Collecting herbs and other substances from carcasses was not too tedious. I still wished there was an option to map a hotkey to quick-loot.
The actual alchemic mixture of potions is a bit to convoluted and not very well displayed. Having the ability to disassemble herbs etc. into base alchemic ingredients would have been much better at helping better grasp potion mixing. There are only a handful of base ingredients but a lot more herbs etc.

The character leveling system is nicely split into four character stats, spells and swords. As much as I like having reign over detailed upgrade paths, I still believe splitting sword upgrades into six (!) separate groups was a bad decision. Having only two, Steel & Silver would have been better as it makes little sense having three paths for each stance (strong, fast, group) to divert scarce upgrade points into. In combat you mostly have to use each stance at various points of battle. Very often does combat start with a small group consisting of enemy types. Thus using group stance helps clear multiple enemies quickly leaving 1-2. And for those you select the appropriate other stance.

It is very clear that there are some very talented devs at CDPR which can absolutely create great RPG worlds where you quickly get invested in. Being their first game and taking the scope and various at times intricate mechanics into consideration, I can overlook reoccurring buildings, assets, dull animations and transitions. It sure would be appreciated elevating these issues in sequels though.

All in all I am glad that I listened to a friends advice and gave this fairly dated game a try. I am very positive that I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much (and forgiven its faults) after playing the much more popular sequels first.
I can't say that it is a game for everyone and also not that it might be worth the many hours it needs to get going. Getting accustomed to its flow and mechanics takes several hours. It doesn't help that the first levels aren't really that interesting and for me at least the middle became a pain courtesy of ever repeating locations (damn you Vizima!). But for those powering through, a very, oh so very great end third is waiting. Totally made stale sections worth powering through.

I didnt like Witcher 1 and felt it was too clunky.

Loved Witcher 2.

Kinda torn on Witcher 3 now, since there is so much to do and so little time ;)

Jawmuncher

I didnt like Witcher 1 and felt it was too clunky.

Loved Witcher 2.

Kinda torn on Witcher 3 now, since there is so much to do and so little time ;)

Didn't play 1 for more than 15 minutes so don't have feeling for it. Thought 2 was alright. Not bad but far from what I was hyped to believe. 3 on the other hand is pretty good. Basically what I thought 2 was going to be.

Not thrilled about Fallout:NV UE sale price.
Makes kinda sense since the big sale is just around the corner though.
Make it three then Bethesda and I'm in.

Miguel81

Thanks for sharing your impressions of The Witcher, Veggie. That's one title that I put on the backburner last year, but part 3 rejuvenated my interest.

On the subject of the Steam controller, I can't wait to try that on the Dolphin emu.

Messiah

I really liked what I played of the Witcher 1, but my HDD died when I was 10 hours in and I just don't want to replay the opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom