• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
so this project ascension thing seems cool, right?

being able to launch my steam games, gog games, uplay games, origin games, etc all from one place is a nice concept

especially since i'm considering moving to GoG for the majority of my purchases

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Sorry for the dumb question, but what you usually need to do in those closed betas?
I mean, you just need to play the game or you actually need to do real beta-testing?
Because it seems demanding in matter of time.

Beta's mostly seem to be an early stress test/demo these days. I've never been in one where I was expected or obligated to do 'real' QA work. I don't think so, anyway.

Lain

Sorry for the dumb question, but what you usually need to do in those closed betas?
I mean, you just need to play the game or you actually need to do real beta-testing?
Because it seems demanding in matter of time.

You play the game and while playing the game you test what is asked of you to test and report back anything strange that you find and what caused it and after the devs fix it you check back to make sure it doesn't happen anymore.

Crafted an Edna and Harvey badge. Got a foil mystery 5 card!
RRYrMv8.gif

Dr Dogg

As someone who has played every incarnation of Championship/Football Manager from the very first game in 94 right up to FM15 and wasted and never to be returned again 'enjoyed' 1,000's, upon 1,000's of hours with the series I have no a fucking clue of how to tell someone with no prior experience of knowledge about football where to start. Play Classic Mode I guess, maybe save scrub until you find out some tactics that work or you sign that star striker who actually stays fit and doesn't have a hissy fit mixing with your existing team. All the guides, strategies and resources I know of are super high level stuff that might come across as quantum physics to the unprepared.

Eternia

Mmmm, didn't expect it to sell since someone did undercut the lowest listing by quite a bit. Probably the first card I've sold for more than $1.50. Thanks Snuggle Truck, you were good for something!

Miguel81

That Steam controller thread had a few pages of complaints over the AA batteries. Personally, I'm glad Valve went that route after a few months of using the DS4 pad.

Beta's mostly seem to be an early stress test/demo these days. I've never been in one where I was expected or obligated to do 'real' QA work. I don't think so, anyway.

Actually the Betas from Ghostlight Games are still like real Betas with screenshot making, reconstruction of Bugs etc.

That Steam controller thread had a few pages of complaints over the AA batteries. Personally, I'm glad Valve went that route after a few months of using the DS4 pad.

Especially with Eneloop batteries my 360 controller lasts 30-40 hours or longer.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I wish we had a good Rugby game on Steam. I'll take any kind at this point, even if it's just Sevens for an Olympics title.

Having the ability to remove a battery/batteries rather than needing to send the whole controller in to get it replaced (as suggested in the manual) is something I appreciate in a controller.

Though by some statements others are making, I guess rechargeable AA batteries are things people are unaware of.

Grief.exe

As someone who has played every incarnation of Championship/Football Manager from the very first game in 94 right up to FM15 and wasted and never to be returned again 'enjoyed' 1,000's, upon 1,000's of hours with the series I have no a fucking clue of how to tell someone with no prior experience of knowledge about football where to start. Play Classic Mode I guess, maybe save scrub until you find out some tactics that work or you sign that star striker who actually stays fit and doesn't have a hissy fit mixing with your existing team. All the guides, strategies and resources I know of are super high level stuff that might come across as quantum physics to the unprepared.

I wish there was still a baseball game on Steam. I wouldn't mind playing a few seasons everybso often.

Age would be irrelevant as people would update rosters.

Agreed.

Dr Dogg

Let's look at it this way. Would you rather the ability to swap out batteries to off the shelf, readily available, standardised batteries, that aren't going anywhere for decades, with the potential to swap them out for some crazy cycle times of 80 odd hours or would you rather had a built in, non replaceable or only at a huge cost, proprietary lithium ion battery that only has a cycle time of 4 or so hours?

Peeps were giving the Xbone controller shit for using AA's and treating the Dual Shock 4 like the second coming of Christ. Then when they find out the charge lasts 3 hours didn't think to realise replaceable AA batteries, especially if you use something like high capacity rechargables or Eneloops that they will always be better than a built in battery. Even the WiiU Pro controller's battery is going to die one day and getting a replacement isn't going to be that readily available unlike AA/AAA batteries.

Absolute stupid complaint in this day and age unless you live on a desert island, but I'd imagine you have higher priorities than controller battery life in that situation.

baterism

Yeah it's pretty strange. But I might also have same reaction if I don't know the wonder which is eneloop battery.
I get the batteries along with 360 windows dongle. The batteries still rocking, the dongle is nearing the end. Fuck propriety stuffs, I would always pick standard/generic if given a chance.
That said, do you guys think Valve will release the patent of Steam Controller in near time? To let 3rd parties going wild with the design. I want Steam Controller version of Ipega 9023.

dex3108

I never liked PS controllers (i used all of them from PS1 to PS3) and i don't think that i would like DS4 just because i prefer asymmetrical analogues. I own X360 gamepad and it is great peace of hardware. :D

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Pretty much. Clicking on things and checking e-mails and I'm like "I have to set up team formations? OH GOD I THOUGHT I WAS JUST USING SPREADSHEETS OR SOMETHING! D:"

The match simulation graphics are LOL-worthy. Ya'll think Skyrim with Guns 4's graphics are bad... WOOF at these. Though it being a quickly done "highlight" futbol match is slightly interesting.

I don't get the series (well this game/IP I guess)'s popularity in Europe and the rest of the world, though. Probably because I'm American and managing a sports team isn't high on my "DO WANT" simulator/things to do thing.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Chowda is great. And who wouldn't want to be a chowdahead?

Just don't pronounce it all french-y, like chowder or something.

Serious Sam est une mauvaise série poubelle pour les têtes chaudières

pardon my french

Should I continue my play of DE:HR or go pick up Director's Cut and start anew? I haven't played my save in a year. I don't remember where exactly I stopped. I think
Jensen went abroad to some Asian place and was in a strip club
. I have the story DLCs.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Should I continue my play of DE:HR or go pick up Director's Cut and start anew? I haven't played my save in a year. I don't remember where exactly I stopped. I think
Jensen went abroad to some Asian place and was in a strip club
. I have the story DLCs.

I think the DC is still fairly buggy. I'd finish playing the game using the original app and "play" the DC for the commentary if you're so inclined.

Arthea

Can we fast froward to steam sale already?
6 more days
someone needs to think about making countdown timer

Fan fact: American football is also called "olive ball" in Chinese.

I like it! can I borrow it from Chinese? They wouldn't mind, would they?

Oh dear, I made a race thread. Just wanted to say that I love you all, even Ozium.

This all post makes no sense, especially later part
what have you done exactly, btw?

Phinor

Every five or so years I'm glad Finland has Gamestop. Today was one of those days, two controllers reserved (one for me).

Now to figure out what possible use I could have for that controller. No couch gaming option so...

MaxiLive

Every five or so years I'm glad Finland has Gamestop. Today was one of those days, two controllers reserved (one for me).

Now to figure out what possible use I could have for that controller. No couch gaming option so...

Do you have a 360 controller? If so I can't think of many uses unless you just want something to toy around with.

Maybe it will also be one of the leading input devices when it comes to VR though as well as the Hive waggle sticks.

Phinor

Do you have a 360 controller? If so I can't think of many uses unless you just want something to toy around with.

Maybe it will also be one of the leading input devices when it comes to VR though as well as the Hive waggle sticks.

I've 360, Xbox One, DS4 controllers (DS3 was garbage). I guess that answer solves that riddle, I just have to have them all.

Might be useful/better than regular gamepad for VR. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom