• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

STOP PUTTING SHIT IN SPOILER TAGS THAT DON'T BELING THERE. IT'S LIKE LIST PLACE IS REDACTED TGE THREAD HALF THE TIME!!!

Some people like to use it as an aside or to twist upon people's expectations, or use it as a "gotcha" type thing. I don't get why
you
are you so upset about spoiler tagging. you need to spend time playing Wii U and
having
fun, or something else to take your mind off things.. nothing wrong with
a giggle
every now and then, you know? anyways other people like to use the spoiler tag because they don't want to spoil games or cinema or literature or other things like that... did you know that some even use it just to take the piss
m8?

Miguel81

dammit you guys demanding, firs muncher demanded that we stop using smilies, now we can't use spoiler tags however we please? When it will end? What's next? Not using gifs? Oh wait, that already was demanded, not gonna happen!

also unhealthy food is usually far from disgusting! It's other way around.
ya, I used spoiler tags on purpose, for the last time *sighs*

Speaking of smilies/winks, I miss lashman.

AHA-Lambda

STOP PUTTING SHIT IN SPOILER TAGS THAT DON'T BELING THERE. IT'S LIKE LIST PLACE IS REDACTED TGE THREAD HALF THE TIME!!!

Anyway in more adventures of scuming internet while away from work via free wifi, I've just realised why everyone has their head stuck in their phone in Tesco by me now. Even the staff are pissing about when they should be working. And to make this post Steam related you can get Steam Credit cards in Tesco now and you can use Clubcard Points too. Buy disgusting, unlhealthy food, get free Steam Credit, it's a win win.

He k, it's a HUGE step up from buying steam vouchers from GAME.
Now I have zero reason to ever visit their stores again ^_^

C-Drive

So with Gamersgate selling Torchlight II at $3.99 - I'm guessing it'll be at least that during the Summer Sale, right? I'd rather buy it with wallet bucks.

Ozium

Desura games should all migrate to Steam

because everything should be on Steam

also let us use our codes for Steam keys

#piggies

Dr Dogg

Some people like to use it as an aside or to twist upon people's expectations, or use it as a "gotcha" type thing. I don't get why
you
are you so upset about spoiler tagging. you need to spend time playing Wii U and
having
fun, or something else to take your mind off things.. nothing wrong with
a giggle
every now and then, you know? anyways other people like to use the spoiler tag because they don't want to spoil games or cinema or literature or other things like that... did you know that some even use it just to take the piss
m8?

While you were trying to write a witty retort to my hilarious off the cuff comment and spent time on formatting and such I've been down the pub out in the sun. Who's winning now eh?

He k, it's a HUGE step up from buying steam vouchers from GAME.
Now I have zero reason to ever visit their stores again ^_^

Steam controller exclusive a month before hand though. Bastards have to ruin everything.

If I know jack shit about 'futbol', but enjoy spreadsheet simulators, how much if Football Manager going to make sense?

Play Classic Mode, only select one league and the top division of, turn on tutorials, should be really straight forward.

Jazz573

So much otome. Where is the yuri.

If you want a decent series of yuri games, look up SonoHana. They're 18+, so they're not on Steam. The first few games aren't amazing but they do get better as the series goes on. Most of them have been translated into English as well.

Dr Dogg

Seeing FF Tactics on Android finally (well outside Japan) makes me wonder how long to the PC port. Then again it will be DotEmu so may as well forget about it all together.

Question: Will the Summer Sale save SteamGAF, or will it destroy it?

The only thing SteamGAF taught me is that there's a subreddit for sharks with anime eyes.

Let me help you guys prepare for the steam sale threads. Here's a bit of practice:

Is Alan Wake any good? Is the DLC for Alan Wake any good? Is the Alan Wake Complete Collection worth $.82? Can you please vote for Fez because i dont have it? What is an Ikaruga?

Let me help you guys prepare for the steam sale threads. Here's a bit of practice:

Is Alan Wake any good? Is the DLC for Alan Wake any good? Is the Alan Wake Complete Collection worth $.82? Can you please vote for Fez because i dont have it? What is an Ikaruga?

It's ok now, we have frosty to save us from all that crap.

baterism

The only thing SteamGAF taught me is that there's a subreddit for sharks with anime eyes.

Ah no, please don't mention it again

ARGJH, IT COMES AGAIN, A DIVER KISSING TSUNDERE SHARK GIF. FUCK FUCK FUCK

Back on Steam talk, yeah, I hope FFT will come someday to Steam. Anybody know why older FF DotEmu port tend to limited to certain region? I know it license issues, but what kind of licenses?

Jawmuncher

If you want a decent series of yuri games, look up SonoHana. They're 18+, so they're not on Steam. The first few games aren't amazing but they do get better as the series goes on. Most of them have been translated into English as well.

Sounds good. Thanks for the recommendation.

Please, we don't need this.

Will the community thread get locked during sale period?

Question: Will the Summer Sale save SteamGAF, or will it destroy it?

The accumulated filth of our visual novels and murder simulators will foam about our waists and all the SteamGAFfers and indie devs will look up and shout "Save Us!" and Gabe will whisper, "no."

Nzyme32

While you were trying to write a witty retort to my hilarious off the cuff comment and spent time on formatting and such I've been down the pub out in the sun. Who's winning now eh?

Lies! We live in a perpetual state of grey clouded mediocrity
today
. The slightest touch of light burns us

Dr Dogg

Well, since it's a tactic RPG, I'm not so sure 15 fps are really a problem, here.
Anyway, I don't understand if this is a remake of FF Tactic PSX, I had that one, but I remember I sucked so hard I dropped it soon after 3 hours I started it.

It's a port of War of the Lions, the PSP version so has the updated translation and FMV's. In it's original state the iOS version was pretty horrid, had various slowdown issues worse than the PSP version, unresponsive controls and render at a sub native resolution. Most if it got fixed in various updates and some additional sprite retouching work but it's still not as good as the fan patched OSX or PSP version.

15fps is awful what ever the game due to input latency is fucking massive. Even using framedoubling would be a better option that what they did to FFIV, the DS version the iOS version was based off wasn't like that. All DotEmu appear to do is emulate mobile ports to run under windows, nothing more.

Lies! We live in a perpetual state of grey clouded mediocrity
today
. The slightest touch of light burns us

That because it's always grim up north :p

Not that living down Sawth is much better, inundated with Tory voting plonkers like turkey's voting for Christmas.

am i a sad person or is this a statement on the current games industry that i might pick up an xb1 this upcoming black friday just to play the Master Chef patched edition and the Marcus Fenix remaster collection?

I guess i might pick up MGSV on the PC, too, if only for fear that the internet will spoil the shit out of it if i wait too long to play it

Barbarian

am i a sad person or is this a statement on the current games industry that i might pick up an xb1 this upcoming black friday just to play the Master Chef patched edition and the Marcus Fenix remaster collection?

Hasn't the games industry always been like that, though? In 1985, you needed to pick up an NES to play Mario. If you want XBone exclusives, you don't have many other options.

Can't you just wait another two months to see if MCC will reach PC too? I mean, you waited until now, you can wait two more months and see if Microsoft planned something on PC, if not, you can grab it this x-mas when new offers will appear.

yeah, that's why i'm holding off till black friday. Figured if i was going to make the jump, it would be at the cheapest and most bundlely time of the year!

Tell me more about this "friend"...
He is like the real-life version of Clint Eastwood from Gran Torino.
Grumpy as heck on the outside but soft and mushy on the inside.
A cool guy. You wouldn't know him!
guys, I made new wait for dailies motivational, hopefully it's flashy enough

http://abload.de/img/wait_for_dailiesvas1l.gif

sorry, I couldn't resist
You want the great weeabo purge of '15 to happen during summer sale? Then it's fine to use that banner ;)
Yeah it's pretty strange. But I might also have same reaction if I don't know the wonder which is eneloop battery.
I get the batteries along with 360 windows dongle. The batteries still rocking, the dongle is nearing the end. Fuck propriety stuffs, I would always pick standard/generic if given a chance.
That said, do you guys think Valve will release the patent of Steam Controller in near time? To let 3rd parties going wild with the design. I want Steam Controller version of Ipega 9023.
Woah, woah! I was for weeks now fantasizing and designing that exact same controller in my mind! Retractable so it fits all kinds of smartphone sizes and even vertical for better DS-emulation!
This is perfect!
Speaking of smilies/winks, I miss lashman.
Yeah, hope nothing bad happened. He's always such a nice guy.
Was thinking the same about a year ago when I started reading Gaf more regularly. It's understandable. We only communicate by letters and so much information which is easily conveyed through speak gets lost, tone, snark, sarcasm, enthusiasm etc. many find the usage of memes and smilies a substitute as generally accepted and known emotions/intentions.

Now, in all this lack of "emotions" every little option gets used as an extended method for better "communication", whether it be italics, highlights or spoiler-tags.

I understand thus the usage but I feel there is space for a secondary spoiler-tag which shall only be used for the actual intention of it. maybe a different colored spoiler-tag.
Of course people would soon (mis)use that for even more dramatic effect :p

Also, why you so grumpy lately bud? You were always a shining beacon of coolness here. Moving turns out to be a bigger pain than imagined? Good luck at it and don't break stuff (like I do usually, hah).

Not really sad. I made that same decision (getting a XB1 for Halo, etc) a few months ago and I've been happy about it. It's even gotten me to play a few games that I would have never played the versions on PC (like Smite, Neverwinter, EA & Ubisoft games).

Jawmuncher

untitled2q5uhd.png

Regardless of that, i'm playing it right now and not quite sure what to think. Will stick with it for at least one route and see what exactly is in store for me.
EDIT:Gave up on it after 45 minutes. Was not feeling it at all.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Man, Witcher 3 is crashing a lot in Skellige.

I know it's not saying much, but I played the game for 45 hours now (the last ten hours or so in Skellige) and it didn't crash once.

Really wonder whats going on, cause it seems many people have the game crashing rather often

I know it's not saying much, but I played the game for 45 hours now (the last ten hours or so in Skellige) and it didn't crash once.

Really wonder whats going on, cause it seems many people have the game crashing rather often
Game froze on me 3 or 4 times before 1.03 went live, after that it was smooth sailing.

baterism

Woah, woah! I was for weeks now fantasizing and designing that exact same controller in my mind! Retractable so it fits all kinds of smartphone sizes and even vertical for better DS-emulation!
This is perfect!
Yeah, the built quality also quite good. No lag at all, the button and analog are nice, feels like 360 pad. I used with my Mipad to stream Steam game using Kinoni. Works like a charm, Kinoni also automatically emulate 360 pad, so it is even better compatibility-wise.
Minus (or plus) point is it use internal Li-ion battery. I kinda worried how long it will last. Currently, it can play >6 hrs minimal. I got it for around $35, pretty cheap imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom