• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

def sim

Hm

Seeing that the Witcher patch is out on console today as well, it kinda seems like they sat on it for a simultaneous release.

I call it upon you, the freshest of all the vegetables to start up the EyelashMan & Friends Steam group where announcements can be seen far and wide and pinged to you whilst in the middle of a game and do your nut in.

Oh yeah almost forgot ;)
Haha, lol

I don't get the "nut in" though. Non-native troubles strike again. Only similar thing I ever heard and know is some veeeery different kind of nut(ting) o_O

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Only if you make a tiny image of his tweet.

and add a ;) to the end of every post

He's never coming back at this point :>

But just in case it wasn't a joke: lashman, play it off as a joke. The response wasn't proportional at all, so you'd be able to say that you were on vacation or something and just wanted to play a practical joke.

Dr Dogg

Haha, lol

I don't get the "nut in" though. Non-native troubles strike again. Only similar thing I ever heard and know is some veeeery different kind of nut(ting) o_O

Nut is slang for head. As in do your head in or get on ones nerves. Trust me if I spoke in the local vernacular no one would understand a bloody word I said. Well apart from pirates of the "Yhaarr!!!" kind.

He's just being an asshole.

Hey now, that's a bit uncalled for don't you think?

Ruruja

Nut is slag for head. As in do your head in or get on ones nerves. Trust me if I spoke in the local vernacular no one would understand a bloody word I said. Well apart from pirates of the "Yhaarr!!!" kind.

Is slag slang for slang? This explains so much.

People talk about "Walking Simulators," and of all the games I've seen or played, no game is more deserving of that description than Fallout: New Vegas.

Seriously, Jesus fucking Christ could this game be any slower? Please tell me you can get a mount of some kind at some point. I don't know if I can stick with this game if it continues to be so monotonous.

I'm sure plenty of people would like to crucify me for saying this, but I hope Fallout 4 is similar to Skyrim. The way that game played was pretty damn good, at least enough so that I wanted to 100% it. Playing any other Bethesda RPG after Skyrim is just so fucking boring.

rtcn63

I don't think I'd ever boot up New Vegas again without the mods that let you play it more like a traditional FPS combat-wise. Even then, wasn't great.

People talk about "Walking Simulators," and of all the games I've seen or played, no game is more deserving of that description than Fallout: New Vegas.

Seriously, Jesus fucking Christ could this game be any slower? Please tell me you can get a mount of some kind at some point. I don't know if I can stick with this game if it continues to be so monotonous.

I'm sure plenty of people would like to crucify me for saying this, but I hope Fallout 4 is similar to Skyrim. The way that game played was pretty damn good, at least enough so that I wanted to 100% it. Playing any other Bethesda RPG after Skyrim is just so fucking boring.

I admit, I went into the options after about an hour to see where the run button was

it was then that i discovered that there was no run button.

Whenever there's some sort of long venture into the wastelands to get to the next location i just listen to a podcast while i go for the walk. Yeah, it sucks that you walk at the speed of an octogenarian smoker wearing cement boots but you'll get there eventually.

Now I've seen it all, some are defending delayed PC patches so console owners don't feel disadvantaged.

as someone who wants to punch WB and netherrealms for taking forever to bring patches out on the PC for MKX all i gotta say is haha

Grab the Project Nevada mod.
There are options for speeding up your character's speed, as well as give them the ability to run (uses action points).

Also I dunno what you mean by the way that game played, but Skyrim has worse combat mechanics than Fallout 3/NV IMO.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Wasn't there at least a skill to make your character walk faster in Fallout: New Vegas?

I don't remember it being slow though.

It's pretty damn slow without mods. There is fast travel to the locations you've been to, so by the time you get decently far in the game anywhere you need to go can be reached pretty quickly. But the beginning of the game can be quite a slog getting from place to place.

Grief.exe

This opinion is nightmare fuel.

we know it's going to happen. My first thought on FO4 reveal was wondering what they would streamline into oblivion.

i3jKDUlcwgHWU.png

I can def see where you're coming from. honestly its never bothered me much. 3 does this better cause yea its still the same speed but theres a lot of places in 3 while NV is quite literally a wasteland.

yuraya

Now I've seen it all, some are defending delayed PC patches so console owners don't feel disadvantaged.

The console patch certification stuff is really ridiculous. I remember the guy behind Ori and the Blind Forest say they sent out a patch for certification in the OT thread for the game. The patch didn't hit steam/xbox until like 1 month later. It just showed how messed up that process is. And ofc because it was MS studios game it had an effect on steam users.

MS/Sony need to seriously ease up with that stuff. It shouldn't ever take that long.

user237

so is it really TES with online capability or an MMO with TES skin

It's more of an MMO with an Elder Scrolls skin.

I'd say it's worth playing for the story quests and world environment, if you are a huge Elder Scrolls fan.

I enjoyed seeing different parts of Tamriel like High Rock and Valenwood, so I'd recommend the game if that interests you.

Dr Dogg

Well it didn't take long but there's a Fallout 4 Hype Train in the reveal thread. Some folks and their little rituals. Each to their own...

The console patch certification stuff is really ridiculous. I remember the guy behind Ori and the Blind Forest say they sent out a patch for certification in the OT thread for the game. The patch didn't hit steam/xbox until like 1 month later. It just showed how messed up that process is. And ofc because it was MS studios game it had an effect on steam users.

MS/Sony need to seriously ease up with that stuff. It shouldn't ever take that long.

It's not that certification process takes forever... it's that it takes a bit of time to run all the tests... and then if a test is failed and cert is denied, devs have to resubmit and then get back in the queue for cert, I think.

Dr Dogg

Why people can't get hyped for good things like Lego Jurassic World is beyond me.

I can't get near a computer to get this started but someone needs to crack on with the Hype T-Rex for LEGO Jurassic World.

Slap a load of avatars on the back of that bad boy and away you go!

Every game with fallout in its name deserves a hypetrain, even if its from bethesda.

I'd like to conduct a quantitive study in levels of hype and how certain factors alter that from person to person. Does having your avatar superimposed on a train actually make you more excited for a game? Does a 'downgrade' really take the shine off a game? Can this be balanced out not to get over hyped by engaging in other activities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom