• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck you, Hardin of the Brotherhood of Steel. I helped you overthrow that stupid old geezer who was getting y'all killed and the least you can do is back me up when this whole Hoover Dam thing gets heated up. Instead, you're just going to sit around and look pretty when you wouldn't even be a dude if I didn't put you in power.

Whatever, at least now I can rock this sweet BoS power armor i've been scavenging off your dead allies.

Man, I really enjoy the many ways you can interact with these factions.
I just got the boomers to vow to back me up, I killed the Omertas in an effort to install one of their underlings who also died in that shootout, I resolved the white glove society's cannibal problems, Caesar and the NCR hate me because I killed House and installed the Yes Man, I punched Benny to death to spare him a worse fate, and now i'm off to see what the deal is with the Great Khans

While the game doesn't have much in the way of a main campaign, the fact that almost everyone ends up creating their own permutations on these adventures really makes the whole thing incredibly enjoyable.

Khronico

Fuck you, Hardin of the Brotherhood of Steel. I helped you overthrow that stupid old geezer who was getting y'all killed and the least you can do is back me up when this whole Hoover Dam thing gets heated up. Instead, you're just going to sit around and look pretty when you wouldn't even be a dude if I didn't put you in power.

Whatever, at least now I can rock this sweet BoS power armor i've been scavenging off your dead allies.

Man, I really enjoy the many ways you can interact with these factions.
I just got the boomers to vow to back me up, I killed the Omertas in an effort to install one of their underlings who also died in that shootout, I resolved the white glove society's cannibal problems, Caesar and the NCR hate me because I killed House and installed the Yes Man, I punched Benny to death to spare him a worse fate, and now i'm off to see what the deal is with the Great Khans

While the game doesn't have much in the way of a main campaign, the fact that almost everyone ends up creating their own permutations on these adventures really makes the whole thing incredibly enjoyable.

New Vegas is one of the few RPG's I ended up playing every permutation of the main quest for, it's that good.

Is this your first NV playthrough?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/0/618463738386561841/

facepalm30.gif

Dr Dogg

New Vegas is one of the few RPG's I ended up playing every permutation of the main quest for, it's that good.

Is this your first NV playthrough?

yup. Between Mad Max being an awesome movie and the Fallout 4 announcement i seemed to have caught some wasteland fever. Finally cracked the game open a week ago and already have 20 hours logged in, a rarity for me because i don't tend to do long gaming sessions these days. It's just that good.

Khronico

yup. Between Mad Max being an awesome movie and the Fallout 4 announcement i seemed to have caught some wasteland fever. Finally cracked the game open a week ago and already have 20 hours logged in, a rarity for me because i don't tend to do long gaming sessions these days. It's just that good.

Glad your enjoying it! NV is perpetually in my top five games of all time. It's just so good.

MUnited83

For you.
There's been a lot of bundles lately which seem to be no more than +1s.

Isn't that all is needed? ;)

This Indie Gala is a nice bundle regardless. Book of Legends, 3 Stars of Destiny, Project Temporality, Shin Samurai Jazz...

Will buy this bundle when happy hour hits and I can get it all for 1.5$

yuraya

Just to be clear that is response to Rock Band 4 Preview from Polygon. :D

I fell for it lol. Fucking Polygon. I don't think I've visited that site in over like 2 years now.

Seriously tho how can anyone keep their job after writing a piece like that smh.

Speaking of smilies/winks, I miss lashman.
This thread is significantly less informative, on-topic and useful now that he doesn't post anymore.

He was always nice and a great source for those not having time or knowledge to scour for news and interesting info.

I mean it, it is a great loss for this thread.

yeah, those bundles have games that sound like the stuff you'd find on one of those 1000 GAMES ON A DISC cds full of crappy shareware at the local Office Depot/Max. I guess that market never went away, it just evolved into bundle fodder.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

I... uh.

Im not fan of this kind of programs, but is it legal? It's nice idea to idle card drops, but i dont think it's approved in any way. Any suggestions?

Like, what exactly does this person want? They aren't a fan, but it's nice to idle for cards. He thinks it isn't legal but is asking for suggestions.

care to link them to your FAQ?

Unless there is a part of the FAQ devoted to whether you should continue breathing, I don't think it'd help.

Lain

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Their loss.

My thoughts exactly. I came across this because I had a few people search me out and ask if the mod was overreacting. The good news is that it brought awareness to the program that wouldn't have been there otherwise, and like they say: "there's no such thing as bad press". But it still irks me that the thread was locked because otherwise I would be happy to weigh in on the issue and link to the program's source code.

EDIT: so many Picards here... sorry I guess I should have quoted that *lashmanwink*

Miguel81

Didn't he quit the thread? Or was that sarcastic? Though after a few days without any posts, I took his last post as less of a joke.

That's what I initially thought it was(a joke), but after a few days with no posts, it became pretty clear. lashman was a good part of the SteamGAF group. Thank you, Veggie, for bringing this up :)

Dr Dogg

You guys should be thankful for Polygon. It's like a magnet for the worst employes of games media. Just as long as they all end up there as staffers the rest of the profession can be free of their ilk.

yuraya

Square Enix can be such an evil company sometimes. First they announce DQVIII for 3DS.. now they release FF tactics on tablets. Those games would have been so good on steam. Especially DQ. Such a low blow :(

Oh well at least pc gamers are getting Type-0. Better than nothing I guess.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's still the same game, but they added some new things and made some fixes. Of course the biggest change is that there is no longer a monthly fee.

Lately the biggest new thing is the ability to be a sneak thief. Items found in cabinets and drawers are now considered owned, and you have to sneak to steal them. You can usually see some players getting caught and chased down by the guards, which makes the towns feel more alive.

so is it really TES with online capability or an MMO with TES skin

Dr Dogg

You know lashman is on Steam and Twitter if you guys want to talk to him. This isn't the only hidyhole in the world.

Square Enix can be such an evil company sometimes. First they announce DQVIII for 3DS.. now they release FF tactics on tablets. Those games would have been so good on steam. Especially DQ. Such a low blow :(

And don't forget Lightning will Return at some point. FF XII Sexy Back Edition is really what I want regardless of system, I'd happily pay through the nose for that. With an awesome Yoshida artbook too!

MUnited83

For you.

FF Tactics on tablets basically confirms we will get it on Steam tho

You guys should be thankful for Polygon. It's like a magnet for the worst employes of games media. Just as long as they all end up there as staffers the rest of the profession can be free of their ilk.
I don't visit many gaming news sites nowadays, news usually gets posted here or originates from here, if there are some interesting pieces I'm sure they would spread to gaf very quickly.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
D4 is releasing today, and there's a second half to the interview posted yesterday to celebrate! A few interesting tidbits:

James:
Regarding Twin Peaks, do you have a favorite character or episode?

SWERY:
Excluding Cooper, I think the Log Lady would be my favorite. I mean, she never actually does anything, right. She never does anything, but everyone knows her. I think characters like her are amazing.

My favorite episode is one of the first ones, where they line up milk bottles in the forest and throw stones at them. Remember that scene? That’s my favorite. They find initials in the dead girl’s diary and then write them on a chalkboard in the forest. Then, while saying the names of the townspeople who share the same initials, they throw stones at the milk bottles. Then they check to see if they can see anything suspicious in how the stones hit the bottles. It’s an amazing scene. So cool. That scene is just too cool.

――I think indie games have gotten a lot of attention lately in terms of games that really let you experience worlds, for example, with Journey.

SWERY:
And Sword & Sworcery.

――Yeah. It feels like we’re seeing a lot more games like that. Does that make you happy?

SWERY:
I guess it does, because those are really the only kind of game that I end up playing. I think that if creators all around the world are turning their eyes toward really creating worlds that express what they want to express, then that’s a great thing. I think it’s even happening with triple-A titles. Everyone’s working hard. Skyrim is amazing, and so is GTA. I think things will get even more exciting if everyone starts looking in that direction.

James:
Do you have any plans to make a game starring Sharapova?

SWERY:
I want to. But she may appear in some DLC for the PC version of D4.

Megaton.

Mivey

Maybe a higher up at SE is like "Fuck those PC gamers! Yeah, there is now a sizeable market so I can't justify ignoring them. But they will only get our shittiest games, as broken as we can still get away with! THAT will show 'em!"

Didn't he quit the thread? Or was that sarcastic? Though after a few days without any posts, I took his last post as less of a joke.
Yes. Thought the same but he has quit for now.
Now that lashman is not here who's going to post interesting "coming soon" games and lego pics?

:( Look at what you've done!
:(
You know lashman is on Steam and Twitter if you guys want to talk to him. This isn't the only hidyhole in the world.
Sure but it would be very weird having him post news etc. separately to each of his friends via Steam chat now wouldn't it.

Dr Dogg

SWERY is a ok in my book.

Sure but it would be very weird having him post news etc. separately to each of his friends via Steam chat now wouldn't it.

I call it upon you, the freshest of all the vegetables to start up the EyelashMan & Friends Steam group where announcements can be seen far and wide and pinged to you whilst in the middle of a game and do your nut in.

Oh yeah almost forgot ;)

This thread is significantly less informative, on-topic and useful now that he doesn't post anymore.

He was always nice and a great source for those not having time or knowledge to scour for news and interesting info.

I mean it, it is a great loss for this thread.

wait....did he like for reals leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom