• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

S1n1st3r

Banned
This opinion is nightmare fuel.

we know it's going to happen. My first thought on FO4 reveal was wondering what they would streamline into oblivion.

Aha. I see what you did there.

download-25.jpg

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
With the number of scalies we have, I'm not sure I want to see GAF run a train on a dinosaur.

Amzin

hmm, all these people going back to/starting up fresh in NV, wonder if I should go look at my mod I just made a few months ago :p

I was a LTTP for NV but now I can say I'm ahead of some at least!

Grab the Project Nevada mod.
There are options for speeding up your character's speed, as well as give them the ability to run (uses action points).

Also I dunno what you mean by the way that game played, but Skyrim has worse combat mechanics than Fallout 3/NV IMO.

Doesn't work with controllers, and I hate KBM for anything other than competitive. I'd rather be a snail with a controller than Speedy Gonzales without.

And I just mean overall how that game worked, it was very intuitive. Menus were easy to navigate (the fucking Pip-Boy is the worst UI I have ever seen.), all the leveling/crafting/magic/combat systems were easy to understand and learn quickly. It was just a decently built game. Not saying it was perfect, but it was a million times better than New Vegas thus far. It was also the first RPG I'd played that I didn't hate, and helped me develop an appreciation for RPGs. It was simple enough ("dumbed down") for me to get into, but complex enough to keep it interesting and kind of teach me how RPGs worked.

This opinion is nightmare fuel.

Sorry.

yuraya

It's not that certification process takes forever... it's that it takes a bit of time to run all the tests... and then if a test is failed and cert is denied, devs have to resubmit and then get back in the queue for cert, I think.

Whatever it is its wrong. They need to redo the system. Shouldn't take more than a day or two to fix a game. So many games released with bugs at launch nowadays. Early adopters get screwed over so much. Pay full price and wait weeks/months for game to be fixed.

Dr Dogg

Getting hyped for Bethesda games in 2015?

http://godlessmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/youre-going-to-have-a-bad-time.png[mg][/QUOTE]

I'm sure the PC Specs thread will have the min requirements of a Octo-Core CPU, a couple of Titan X's and 2TB's of RAM going by the last couple of releases and their loopy, plucked out of the air requirements.

I had fun with Fallout 3. So many places to explore, VATS and you can loot/kill anyone.

edit: Oblivion however, yikes. Boring quests like catch some fish and stalk this person outside his house didn't grab me.

Nut is slang for head. As in do your head in or get on ones nerves. Trust me if I spoke in the local vernacular no one would understand a bloody word I said. Well apart from pirates of the "Yhaarr!!!" kind.
Oh, something new learned.
-
Talking about walking sims (not sure if it is one tbh) but Gamersyde just released an article with various screens and gameplay videos. Check the mouth-dripping-quality footage out here Our videos of Kholat
-
And a quick question. Does anyone remember when it was revealed last Winter Sale that there was going to be Game Auctions? Some incredible deals had been made there.

And I just mean overall how that game worked, it was very intuitive. Menus were easy to navigate (the fucking Pip-Boy is the worst UI I have ever seen.), all the leveling/crafting/magic/combat systems were easy to understand and learn quickly. It was just a decently built game. Not saying it was perfect, but it was a million times better than New Vegas thus far. It was also the first RPG I'd played that I didn't hate, and helped me develop an appreciation for RPGs. It was simple enough ("dumbed down") for me to get into, but complex enough to keep it interesting and kind of teach me how RPGs worked.

Okay yeah I hear you.
The Fallout series has an atrocious UI.

"It was also the first RPG I'd played that I didn't hate"

This though...Ehh...I don't know.
What RPGs have you played before?

Off the top of my head with recent releases.

Klei
From
CDPR

But that does apply to the vast majority of AAA publishers.

laughing_gif.gif

Whatever it is its wrong. They need to redo the system. Shouldn't take more than a day or two to fix a game. So many games released with bugs at launch nowadays. Early adopters get screwed over so much. Pay full price and wait weeks/months for game to be fixed.

Short of removing cert or finding capital to hire a much bigger certification team, I don't think you're going to get what you want.
And even then, neither of those are very likely.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Off the top of my head with recent releases.

Klei
From
CDPR

But that does apply to the vast majority of AAA publishers.

From in 2015 means Bloodborne, which for me, does not exist.

CDPR in 2015 means not Cyber-Punk, so therefore they do not exist.

I'll give you Klei. Though we've now alerted CorrosiveFrost.

Edit: GOD DAMN IT.

Dr Dogg

Really want to get cracking with D4 later but I have no idea how I'm going to download it. I think I've got ~1gb of data left on my phone if I tether it to a PC but I think I might be popping out to Starbucks for a while.

Someone needs to make a version with a crashed train to reflect the state the game will release in.

Hahaha I'm sure some premium paid mods will fix that for the cost of your soul day one.

Nabs

Really want to get cracking with D4 later but I have no idea how I'm going to download it. I think I've got ~1gb of data left on my phone if I teather it to a PC but I think I might be popping out to Starbucks for a while.

Good luck with that. It's UE3, so even patches will kill your bandwidth.

bakeray

Anyone here playing Killing Floor 2? Think it and H1Z1 are going to be on my short list for this sale. Need some multiplayer games to play with my bros cus they all quit League. D:

Dr Dogg

Good luck with that. It's UE3, so even patches will kill your bandwidth.

Well the store page has between 10 and 20gb as space required so I'm going to imagine a 6-8gb download size which would probably take me all weekend anyways.

Dr Dogg

Any word on how GAF's Desura community is taking the bad news?

I thought you were the JaseC of the Desura world?

Saying that seeing as people go bananas for things that are close to being unavailable I might be able to get rid of all these pesky keys no one usually wants.

Why people can't get hyped for good things like Lego Jurassic World is beyond me.

because no one cares about dinos jaw! its like, how can you make dinos more boring? oh i know, make them legos! what an awful idea.

nah I'm just kidding.

only about the dino part

Fallout 4, 2015, GOTY. #Believe

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I thought you were the JaseC of the Desura world?

Saying that seeing as people go bananas for things that are close to being unavailable I might be able to get rid of all these pesky keys no one usually wants.

yeah you could do a modbot raffle and manually put the HOT art next to all of them because of their upcoming rarity.

Your opinion is atypical to say the least. From a rational perspective, Klei has been incredibly solid essentially since their inception.

If you have a rational argument, I'd love to hear it.

Are we counting Shank here?

Also I am not sure why you are demanding a rational argument for something that is entirely subjective.

How would it do this, exactly?

If you're looking for an action RPG with similar combat/mechanics, you could look into Lords of the Fallen.
I know "dark souls like" gets thrown around a lot but I guess I'm looking for an action RPG with an emphasis on combat timing and aim.

Apparently a game called Oblitus is also a choice?

My money is on MGSV taking the GAF crown.

ooh i should've been more clear, it'll be MY goty, I've never been one to care for site GOTYs. only ones that are important to me are mines and my friends. but yes, MGSV might very well be gaf's goty, it'll get bonus points too cause its kojima's last mgs. Hell, it might be my goty as well, but its gonna have to be really really good to beat the witcher 3(current goty for me), bloodborne, and most importantly, Fallout 4.

or maybe I'll just say fuck it and give GOTY to the Mewtwo smash 4 dlc :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom