• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asgaro

LOL. Bethesda just tweeted this!
In my imagination.

tQEIAgs.jpg

Buraindo

Curious, can Titan Souls scratch that Dark Souls itch I've been having?

If not, is there something else that might?

I'm not really sure how much Titan Souls shares with Dark Souls beyond the name to be honest so I can't really speak for that.
Replaying Dark Souls seems like the only answer as the closest thing is probably Lords of the Fallen and I can't really recommend that.
You might want to check out Death's Gambit whenever that comes out.

maty

Now that lashman is not here who's going to post interesting "coming soon" games and lego pics?

:( Look at what you've done!

Such a shame :(

I liked his posts, he brought new info most of the time. Also how am I going to keep adding games to my wishlist with such ease? ;)

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
It would be nice if their games didn't look the same.

Shank
ss_1b74ddc0c09d29949680cc104dabcfba8e7e0440.600x338.jpg

Shank 2
ss_c01f13c8de4780dee9c55851500a8ce8383018d4.600x338.jpg

Don't Starve
ss_09bb6bdce4fa085c2c4a9a8f48ea52d3051b44bc.600x338.jpg

Invisible, Inc.
ss_e4dfbe4874614270e46e99dd9a6a5c0286b2a529.600x338.jpg

Mark of the Ninja
ss_d4c7490e8dd431423cbbc703b71fb5ff3226ddf1.600x338.jpg

Some of their games share a similar art style, but its far from universally the same.

Even comparing Shank to MotN the tone of the designs are pretty different.

Dont Starve is totally different, and Invisible Inc as well.

It would be nice if their games didn't look the same.

Shank
http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/6120/ss_1b74ddc0c09d29949680cc104dabcfba8e7e0440.600x338.jpg?t=1410570092[img]
Shank 2
[img]http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/102840/ss_c01f13c8de4780dee9c55851500a8ce8383018d4.600x338.jpg?t=1410570173[img]
Don't Starve
[img]http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/219740/ss_09bb6bdce4fa085c2c4a9a8f48ea52d3051b44bc.600x338.jpg?t=1424724961[img]
Invisible, Inc.
[img]http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/243970/ss_e4dfbe4874614270e46e99dd9a6a5c0286b2a529.600x338.jpg?t=1433288421[img]
Mark of the Ninja
[img]http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/214560/ss_d4c7490e8dd431423cbbc703b71fb5ff3226ddf1.600x338.jpg?t=1432666370[img][/QUOTE]

Is this serious?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Guys, if I take my glasses off all of Klei's games look the same.

Now let me put them back on and... oh. I was looking at a bowl of fruit this whole time. Nevermind.

Coreda

Is Uplay as bad as people make out? I bought FarCry Blood Dragon on Steam ages ago and never installed it as at the time there was a lot of noise about how crappy Uplay was with reliability and online DRM checking.

I'd prefer to play it sans-Uplay tbh as requiring two clients for a Steam-purchased game is a little ridiculous. Bit of a pipe dream but wish more companies offered DRM-free ala GOG.com.

Okay yeah I hear you.
The Fallout series has an atrocious UI.

"It was also the first RPG I'd played that I didn't hate"

This though...Ehh...I don't know.
What RPGs have you played before?

Whatever my brothers were playing, or my friends when I went over to their house. I think I remember Fable, Morrowind, and I used to loathe Final Fantasy (funny enough, probably a favorite now), among others I couldn't name.

But I did also have terrible taste in games when I was a young'un. There was just something about Skyrim that got my attention and made me reconsider how I felt about RPGs.

Is Uplay as bad as people make out? I bought FarCry Blood Dragon on Steam ages ago and never installed it as at the time there was a lot of noise about how crappy Uplay was with reliability and online DRM checking.

I'd prefer to play it sans-Uplay tbh as requiring two clients for a Steam-purchased game is a little ridiculous. Bit of a pipe dream but wish more companies offered DRM-free ala GOG.com.

I played through Blood Dragon this year and had 0 problems with my Steam/uPlay experience. I would've liked the achievements I was earning to be Steam achievements, but other than that, it was snag free.

I also played through Assassin's Creed Brotherhood this year and had no problems with my Steam/uPlay experience.

Oblitus seems to fit that bill nicely.

Phawx did a video on it when it was released: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-N3o1vuMF4

Oblitus is also a roguelike of sorts in that if you die, you start over from the very beginning. That part wouldn't cover the RPG/progression part of Dark Souls.

The closest thing is truly Lords of the Fallen, the combat is very similar but still feels different. There's not as much variety in weapons and there's a heavier focus on projectile/ranged combat at times, but overall, it's an okay game if you get it for a decent discount.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
My god...Xseed dropping the bomb.

So they're localizing Trails of Cold Steel, for PS3 and Vita mind you, but still haven't released Trails in the Sky SC.

They've also restated that they're showing of Corpse Party: Blood Drive off for Vita at E3, but still haven't released the first Corpse Party game for PC.

Thanks Xseed.

Jawmuncher

So they're localizing Trails of Cold Steel, for PS3 and Vita mind you, but still haven't released Trails in the Sky SC.

They've also restated that they're showing of Corpse Party: Blood Drive off for Vita at E3, but still haven't released the first Corpse Party game for PC.

Thanks Xseed.

I've come to the realization that I like the newer stuff from Falcolm.
Ys 1&2 no thanks, Ys memories of Celceta was amazing though. Haven't been able to get into Trails on steam. But I could see myself enjoying Cold Steel.

Guess im just part of the problem.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

It's fine for newer games. Just remember to back up your saves.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Ys 1&2 no thanks, Ys memories of Celceta was amazing though. Haven't been able to get into Trails on steam. But I could see myself enjoying Cold Steel.

Nothing wrong with that.

It's just that none of the games listed in that thread are on PC and the ones that are available on PC that Xseed are localizing seem to be missing from the lineup.

SC was mentioned in a tweet, though, so I guess there's that.

SC is in QA. They're working hard for it.

Also:

CGwLS56UAAACoUa.png

I'm not talking about porting games, I'm talking about localizing ones that they've already talked about localizing :p

Nabs

How come you haven't played Origin or Oath?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Still keeping my fingers crossed that somehow Tokyo Xanadu wanders on over to PC, defying all laws of nature.

I'm totally down for a JRPG in a modern setting like that right now.

Arthea

I don't like to be party pooper in official news thread, Vita owners need some fun too, but Xseed... do you hate me? There is no SC yet, no TC announced and none of your announcements, including Cold Steel are for PC... It can't be happening, not again

edited: I mean if TC will take a way of SC release, I'm not sure any of us will even live that long

edit2: also I thought Trails FC sold the best on PC, yet we aren't getting anything at all?
Well, I agree that 100K is not much for such a game, but we are talking about ten years old game after all.

I won a Valve Friends and Family Games steam code last night. No idea what it includes, and can't find a listing. Does anyone know what games are included?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

well it was recently updated with the amazing new feature of background patch downloading. also online status. i wish steam would get on uplay's level. based.

Nabs

I won a Valve Friends and Family Games steam code last night. No idea what it includes, and can't find a listing. Does anyone know what games are included?

https://steamdb.info/sub/14/apps/ is this it?

Ooh, now that looks like something that could do it.

Btw, I have tried Lords of the Fallen but found it to be pretty mediocre. The boss battles especially were a disappointment compared to dark souls.

Yeaaaaahhhh. LotF was so disappointing.

Hey, wishlist this game:

i dunno why you folks are feeling like Xseed is ruffling your jimmies, SC is a matter of when and not if. Let them announce some other things, it's not like that means that SC is never going to happen.

cyba89

Too bad Enhanced Steam doesn't track Nuuvem prices because I think I got that for under $3. Currency exchanges aside, I wouldn't be surprised if it went cheaper than $4.99 during the summer sale.

It was R$2,99 recently. That was less than 1€ for me.

Coreda

I played through Blood Dragon this year and had 0 problems with my Steam/uPlay experience. I would've liked the achievements I was earning to be Steam achievements, but other than that, it was snag free.

It's fine for newer games. Just remember to back up your saves.

Thanks

Uplay is ok, they updated their patching methods to modern standards recently and it doesn't set your monitor on fire anymore.

Hmm, but what if I want my monitor on fire?

9s4353V.png

I wonder if by the time XSEED releases SC, there will already be a Evo version. FC for the Vita is releasing next week in Japan.

I don't like how everyone has same face syndrome in FC Evo, that's my only issue with it. The other changes are all great though, especially CG art but that suffers from same face too.
Some day.

Well shit I should just wait for this one.
I'll hold you to that!

Arthea

Remembering how long it take them to localize Trails games, total lack of TC announcement is so worrisome that I don't get why there are no meldowns over it everywhere.
Unless people don't know that Trails in the Sky doesn't end with SC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom