• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing Unity at 1440P, max settings(only FXAA though) is a decent experience with a 980Ti. High 40s-60s most of the time which is pretty smooth with gsync. Game looks unbelievable and I'm hoping that Syndicate will have a graphics setting to increase the NPC count on streets to Unity level given we can handle it unlike the consoles.

Sarcasm

IS there a GoG thread? I have a couple questions about some games I have on there (which are on steam).

1) Fallout 1..it is not the german version right? I assume so since I bought it in the states.

2) What patches and such should I get for fallout 2?

3) Tactics...?

Anyone knows a site where I can find Steam Skins. I used a good one a few weeks ago, but since then installed W10 and can not find it. It was neither Air nor Pixelvision.

Basically I'm expecting some sequence where Arkham Knight takes off his helmet to reveal, to the shock and horror of Batman and the laughter of everyone with a bit of sense, that surprise, it's the Joker!
Even if it isn't Joker, I bet there would still be a scene like that through drug induced hallucination.

Chariot

Twist: Bruce Wayne is the Arkham Knight and we played Hush all along, also Scarecrow is actually the Joker. Just because.

Almost added Shin Samurai Jazz to this as I though I alrady owned it. Turns out there is a "Samurai Jazz" and a "Shin Samurai Jazz" on steam!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Project Temporality -- MB-BB50A07C82122D28 - Taken by Cyldman
3 Stars of Destiny -- MB-B40E8E27050F2473 - Taken by fuzzy123
The Book of Legends -- MB-41A4AF21D4508244 - Taken by Jawmuncher
Cyberpunk 3776 -- MB-19717DCB4C8F4632 - Taken by Kifimbo
Fortune's Tavern - The Fantasy Tavern Simulator -- MB-9B7778BF1B5B0D50 - Taken by Sarcasm
Hare In The Hat -- MB-32EC8879812EEAD3 - Taken by Nabs

Kiru

Are there hints of what will be in the groupees bundle?

Confirmed games:

Pier Solar and the Great Architects (because jonny said so)

Guesses:

Hektor (likely) OR Bully: Scholarship Edition (unlikely)
Shadowgate 2014
Z.A.R. (likely) OR J.U.L.I.A.: Among the Stars (less likely) OR E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy (unlikely)
Time Mysteries: Inheritance - Remastered, I guess this one was removed by cyanic, was HB repeat
Lightrise™ (Greenlight)

From SG.

KainXVIII

Back from the dead
from ban actually
, also bought D4, in SWERY we trust!

thread_necro_zpsbee6a12f.gif

Sarcasm

How is Ark in its current state? Tempted to get it just because it's Unreal Engine 4 and I want something new and pretty.

Wished there was a 4 pack. I only have 22 bucks. Steam though made my PP useless by switching my account to Taiwan..and you know steam support.

How is Ark in its current state? Tempted to get it just because it's Unreal Engine 4 and I want something new and pretty.

I didn't play it, but reports say that the game is unplayable on higher graphics settings, so it may not be so pretty when you actually get to play it.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
my refund finally went through. got the email at half 3 in morning lol

says it could take up to 7 days to get the money but its showing in steam wallet under pending balance so i know its going through :D

Parsnip

That topic in OT told me that that is good and if you don't like it you should quit your whining and go buy Pro.
Frankly, forced updates that you can't disable unless you're using Pro is bullshit.

Wait, really? Home version has forced updates?
I expected forced updates on the dev preview, but if home version has those as well, I don't know how I feel about this.

Did anyone get into the Fairy Fencer F beta? I didn't. Glad to hear the game's finally coming out though
Did they send replies to the emails already?
Didn't get one so I guess I didn't get in.

L.O.R.D

how i can share a game on my account to let my brother play it ?
my brother has a mac , and he want to try euro truck simulator 2

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Wait, really? Home version has forced updates?
I expected forced updates on the dev preview, but if home version has those as well, I don't know how I feel about this.

Yeah, it was recently revealed that there would be some feature regressions for 7/8 home users when moving to 10. Being able to defer updates is one of those going away, unless you're running Pro.

how i can share a game on my account to let my brother play it ?
my brother has a mac , and he want to try euro truck simulator 2

You can't share a single game, you end up sharing entire libraries. So he can't play it while you're playing any game on your account, and if he's playing and you launch the game, it'll boot him out.

Instructions are here, but basically you'll need to sign in on his actual computer, give it a label, and then sign in again on your own computer to give that computer/user "permission".

Parsnip

Yeah, it was recently revealed that there would be some feature regressions for 7/8 home users when moving to 10. Being able to defer updates is one of those going away, unless you're running Pro.
That's some hot bullshit, wtf Microsoft.

Wait, forced updates only for upgrading home users? But not for new home users? Weeeird.

edit: Oh, it seems like it's all Windows 10 Home editions, not just the upgraded ones. That makes more sense. The OP in that thread was worded weirdly. Still sucks though, I need control.

Jawmuncher

Looks like I'll be ok with my windows 10 since I have home premium. Don't really understand locking that kind of feature away though. Never mind I read the chart wrong.

Whoa what. I already opted in to downloading Windows 10 and I just happen to have Windows 7 Pro because of the Operating Systems my school offers through dreamspark. That's really crap for Home users.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Whoa what. I already opted in to downloading Windows 10 and I just happen to have Windows 7 Pro because of the Operating Systems my school offers through dreamspark. That's really crap for Home users.

not really the amount of people who miss out on the big secruity problems by not updating is crap

plus it doesnt do the whole you must restart now like windows 7 does

this change just shows how many people even on gaf dont use the windows update schedule feature.

people saying but what if im in game an it starts updating. schedule the update to when your normally sleeping.

what about it wanting to restart my pc ? well thats one of the shitty features your lovely windows 7 has and windows 8 and windows 10 dont

Not sure if I can ask this here but here goes.

My Steam client on my PC won't load. I haven't used it in a while so, when I went to open it, it started updating. Eventually, it got to 'verifying update,' 'connecting to Steam' and the program would close. Tried a few more times and the same thing happened. Even uninstalled Steam, redownloaded it, and the same thing happened.

Don't know what else to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom