• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeknurn

That's some hot bullshit, wtf Microsoft.

Wait, forced updates only for upgrading home users? But not for new home users? Weeeird.

Want to take part of a free upgrade offer? Dealwithit.gif

People sitting on outdated versions of Operating Systems have been ruining the Internet for the rest of us for years.

Jawmuncher

Not sure if I can ask this here but here goes.

My Steam client on my PC won't load. I haven't used it in a while so, when I went to open it, it started updating. Eventually, it got to 'verifying update,' 'connecting to Steam' and the program would close. Tried a few more times and the same thing happened. Even uninstalled Steam, redownloaded it, and the same thing happened.

Don't know what else to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Is it acting up in the processes or are there perhaps traces still left where it was installed?

Man, all y'all speaking up LEGO Worlds caused me to take the plunge... ... that is one fantastic sandbox! It's not really a game right now, but man is it fun.

Also, the animation when you're riding an ostrich is perhaps the most joyous thing ever.

Right click on Start button/System and you can see there which version you have.

well im not seeing home or premium anywhere but it says its the 64bit version and I checked amazon(where i bought w8) and i just bought the windows 8 oem system builder. AHH fuck it, im gonna get windows 10 either way.

legacyzero

Banned
Oh, and STEAM SALE INCOMINNNNNNNG

believeb5qx0kjo6p.gif

Is it acting up in the processes or are there perhaps traces still left where it was installed?

I'm sorry but I don't really understand the question.

Just to add, something that I did notice is that, if I look at it in the start menu (I'm running Windows 7 if that matters), it shows everything as if I'm logged in. Also, after I try running it and it quits, I also noticed that in the process pane in Task Manager, it shows a Steam error reporting program.

As a whole, it's just weird because it's always worked fine. I haven't had a problem with it not running until now.

legacyzero

Banned
I'm actually not very excited, already have tons of games that I wanted to play. I think I can limit my spending under 50 bucks this time.

Yep. I bought very little from the last sale.

No Money ||----------------------------//------|| Already owns everything

Jawmuncher

I'm sorry but I don't really understand the question.

Just to add, something that I did notice is that, if I look at it in the start menu (I'm running Windows 7 if that matters), it shows everything as if I'm logged in. Also, after I try running it and it quits, I also noticed that in the process pane in Task Manager, it shows a Steam error reporting program.

As a whole, it's just weird because it's always worked fine. I haven't had a problem with it not running until now.

Yeah that is odd, I can't really think of the cause and you already tried deleting and reinstalling. Dumb as hell but have you tried reinstalling and restarting the PC?

legacyzero

Banned
Still havn't bought Far Cry 4, because fuck Ubisoft.

Might bite at $10 or less, tho.

Would like to see DayZ get an ACTUAL discount too. Spent over $30 to play the mod. Not gonna spend half that much to play the full game.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Oh my, Indiegames.com wrote a very kind article on my game that recently got Greenlit, Close Your Eyes.

(...)The screams in one chapter are haunting, and I can't even think of them without getting the chills. Looking at screenshots for Close Your Eyes had me thinking it would be silly and ineffective, but through perfect use of unnerving sound and some twisted, surprising visuals, it easily left me frightened, unsure whether I should be playing it at night.

Happy he enjoyed it, I will say the response to the game has been much more positive than I expected for a quick project I did, but I'm happy and hoping to polish and expand it for Steam release. Store page is almost done, though will be a free game with one DLC thing for support (and trading cards).

Jawmuncher

It kills me I can't help, no one deserves steam not working on their machine. You might have to actually use steam support.

As much as I fucking HATE Ubisoft, I'd say that 7.50 is a decent price. Also, get Blood Dragon.

I boycotted Far Cry 4 Because Ubisoft are fucking liars.

I have blood dragon and I quite enjoyed that one. Didn't know about the FC4 stuff.

---------------------
Looks like Black Closet will have the choice of art styles.
CG0tJGaW0AAdeAU.jpg

Same here, really enjoyed The Wolf Among Us and hopefully GoT has maintained the quality.

It really hasn't. The first episode seemed like it could be interesting but then they fell back into the old Telltale patterns.

I'm actually enjoying Tales from the Borderlands much more than the GOT series.

SSPssp

Still havn't bought Far Cry 4, because fuck Ubisoft.

Might bite at $10 or less, tho.

Would like to see DayZ get an ACTUAL discount too. Spent over $30 to play the mod. Not gonna spend half that much to play the full game.

It was $10 (Samsung Promo Code) from Fry's earlier this year. You might get lucky with either Fry's or Newegg clearing out promo codes again if you're in the US.

Tizoc

It kills me I can't help, no one deserves steam not working on their machine. You might have to actually use steam support.

I have blood dragon and I quite enjoyed that one. Didn't know about the FC4 stuff.

---------------------
Looks like Black Closet will have the choice of art styles.
CG0tJGaW0AAdeAU.jpg

What game is that? I can't seem to find it on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom