• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The first South Parkon Steam didn't have Uplay. Some other Ubisoft stuff also didn't like Grow Home.

The first South Park game was originally going to be published by THQ and was bought by Ubisoft during their liquidation. They certainly had time to incorporate Uplay into the title but it was already in a bit of development hell and they needed to launch more or less with the timeframe of the show.

Grow Home and Rocksmith 2014 were weird ones, giving us false hopes that Uplay would eventually die. Turns out Grow Home was made by just 8 people and Ubi didn't want to play for extra development to incorporate Uplay. Rocksmith has Uplay integrated directly into the game itself, like the console versions.

Adnor

Banned
QxO0lAQ.png

Anno

I swear someone told me that Watch Dogs 2 had a more likeable character and was less tone deaf? Holy god this looks bad.

Anno

It looks good, the character is a clear step up from Aiden, and the tone is pretty obviously tongue in cheek.

Is it tongue in cheek? Man it doesn't really come across like that much at all. At least in that gameplay. I hope it is because the systems seem like they should be fun, but everything about the Deadsec hack thing looked really bad to me.

MUnited83

For you.
Is it tongue in cheek? Man it doesn't really come across like that much at all. At least in that gameplay. I hope it is because the systems seem like they should be fun, but everything about the Deadsec hack thing looked really bad to me.

I mean, to me it all basically seems like a intentionally cheesy spiritual sequel to "Hackers". That's what I take from all the parkour, the whole "ur hackin crew" stuff, the dude that has a emoting helmet, the "lolz we hack u" messages and dedsec memery.

data

You could have all your dreams come true in Skyrim, or you could get killed by a mudcrab.

hqdefault.jpg

Reverse searching this image tells me that this picture is from a skyrim sex mod

wat

damn you can get characters with blade & soul costumes

can't wait until i build my gaming pc

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Guys, I got home, I tried the "best platformer since Mario 64" code, and it was a game I already owned. I'll keep the mystery alive, I'm giving back to the community, have it it!

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Definitely the greatest platformer since Super Mario 64 -- MB-B7FA1C67E358053F - Taken by someguyinahat. 10 entrants total.

t1465871116z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so word on the street is that the new game from the limbo guys is quite something. Any word on price and if its EA when it releases (I asume so since its so soon?)

Jawmuncher

so word on the street is that the new game from the limbo guys is quite something. Any word on price and if its EA when it releases (I asume so since its so soon?)

It's not EA. It's been in dev awhile. It's just their style of releasing with no marketing and letting the talking do the work

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The speculation is that the new Skryim Special Edition will also enable memory addressing > 4gb, meaning we should see a lot more impressive Skyrim mods than what is currently possible.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
did anyone play teamworld dig on 3ds (or hell, on steam lol) and knows roughly how long it is?

Shahadan

Nothing grinds my gears more than people online trying to tell you what to do. Especially when it's random gaffers spouting bullshit they heard elsewhere.

I know it's not a malicious intent but I see it all the time. Can't people just fuck off and stop playing the experts all the time and let other people play?

Bleh. I hate multiplayer games. Always the same shit.

jshackles

did anyone play teamworld dig on 3ds (or hell, on steam lol) and knows roughly how long it is?

It's about 5-6 hours long, which I thought was a pretty perfect length. Anything more than that I think it would have overstayed it's welcome.

Rhaknar

It's about 5-6 hours long, which I thought was a pretty perfect length. Anything more than that I think it would have overstayed it's welcome.

well that... is not good. For me. Thanks

I'm so against UWP that I'm going to buy an Xbox One S just so I don't have to use the Windows 10, that'll show em.

But seriously that XB1S looks slick as hell.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Hoping Sony really brings some cool stuff for their press conference, it's like the least they could do for my 18th birthday.

Also sorry, am broke so no giveaway. I'll do some when I get money and the steam sale starts.

EDIT:
Anime thing
7B6E2NY.gif

Grief.exe

On one hand, we still have GFWL fresh in our minds with many games completely lost to the DRM like Viva Pinata, Bulletstorm, among others.

On the other hand, as mod Teknopathetic puts it in the Phantom Dust thread:

If it weren't coming to PC at all I'd be playing it on a console with the same (or worse) limitations as UWP.

Which is a fair point to make.

MUnited83

For you.
On one hand, we still have GFWL fresh in our minds with many games completely lost to the DRM like Viva Pinata, Bulletstorm, among others.

On the other hand, as mod Teknopathetic puts it in the Phantom Dust thread:

Which is a fair point to make.

The difference is that you expect those consoles to have those limitations in the first place, as they have traditionally been this way. When you buy a console you know this.

The PC platform, however, has been built on it being open and one shouldn't support attempts of locking it down.

Hoping Sony really brings some cool stuff for their press conference, it's like the least they could do for my 18th birthday.

Also sorry, am broke so no giveaway. I'll do some when I get money and the steam sale starts.
You are also 18? Happy birthday.

Man there are so many barely legal folks here.

Rhaknar

as someone who:

A) kinda stopped caring about his steam library once he broke 3k games (which I think is the magic number many of us went "wtf am I doing with my life?"

B) played Dragon Age Inquisition on another client for example at a press of a simple button just like does with any steam game

C) has been playing another non steam game on another client also at a press of a single button

im kinda over it. And if I was getting games day 1 these days, I would totally buy into the whole W10 store thing tbh. Fuck it. Same games day and date? Sure. My issue right now is I dont see them doing the sales Steam does, and thats the only way I would play those games. But I'm pretty much over my old, stubborn "steam or nothing" mentality tbh

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
So long as you abandon most of the things you like about PC gaming, UWP is pretty good.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I mean, isn't wanting to play console ports pretty much the definition of what you're saying?

That's a weird perspective. I want to play games, not just console ports.

Like, imagine if Microsoft went the other direction and forced Xbox players to sit 20 inches from a monitor in a computer chair to play RTS games. I doubt we'd be calling it the cost of getting PC ports on a console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom