• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
just to prove that yesterday's screenshot was the real deal:

SG8VXTY.jpg

;)

just to prove that yesterday's screenshot was the real deal:

SG8VXTY.jpg

;)
If I had read all the changes DS2 was going to have before the game came out, I would have reacted similarly.

But alas, almost all changes are brilliant.

I am excited and can't wait to play Bloodborne... in about 3-4 years :b

Shadownet

Banned
Was anyone an early adopter for the Dragon Rock bundle? I wanna try and get one during happy hour. Pm me if you can help or are planning on getting it again.

FloatOn

I kinda want to know how he feels about The Order.

I feel like i already know the answer to that but that doesn't mean i wouldn't enjoy seeing it play out anyway.

I'm friends with him on steam. Occassionally he'll comment on the games industry:

It-Stinks-300x245.jpg

(I always read derrick01 as jon lovitz for some reason)

zkylon

zkylewd
without internet been playing fairy bloom fressia and world end economica

not quite sold on either of them but i appreciate things about them both

hmm

Titanfall season pass is free on Origin

https://www.origin.com/en-ca/store/buy/titanfall/pc-download/addon/titanfall-season-pass

Take it now even if you don't have base game.
oooh super nice

If I had read all the changes DS2 was going to have before the game came out, I would have reacted similarly.

But alas, almost all changes are brilliant.

I am excited and can't wait to play Bloodborne... in about 3-4 years :b
i was considering asking my friend to bring me a ps4 from the states just to play bloodborne but tbh it's way too much money for one game, which btw will cost like 100 usd here

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This page doesn't break into multiple pages, does it? Like if you had 1,000 invites they'd all be listed there?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't page break, but maybe someone with more pending invites can shed some light on the subject for me.

EDIT: nevermind seems it doesn't break

This page doesn't break into multiple pages, does it? Like if you had 1,000 invites they'd all be listed there?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't page break, but maybe someone with more pending invites can shed some light on the subject for me.

EDIT: nevermind seems it doesn't break

SmugBoldAsiaticlesserfreshwaterclam

the fuck shacks?

Knurek

It's a travesty that nobody contacted Obsidian about making an Archer game.
I mean, they have the chops for it, both genre-wise (Alpha Protocol) and engine-wise (South Park).
I mean, the sheer thought of Chris Avellone working with Adam Reed...
n7Lt3so.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
I mean, they have the chops for it, both genre-wise (Alpha Protocol) and engine-wise (South Park).
n7Lt3so.jpg
i kinda don't want to have to skip another obs game because i don't care too much about the license

It really is. balances out the GAF collective.

I can step up.

All I need to do is 500 posts complaining about assassins creed and then another 500 posts a day praising Batman games for the exact same reasons.

Then add a nonsensical comment about indie games and rinse and repeat after a short sleep.

Balance.

Salsa

downloading Titanfall and now the whole thing is like 60 gigs ffs

the textures are bad. what even was it? uncompressed audio?

also Hotline Miami 2 hit a rough patch in act 3-4 but back to form on 5. having fun

also Hotline Miami 2 hit a rough patch in act 3-4 but back to form on 5. having fun

seems that they force you do download uncompressed audio for all languages. I wish they didn't because theres nothing about Titanfall that suggests it should be bigger than 15 gigs.

zkylon

zkylewd

it's uncompressed audio

you know, cos i really care about audio quality about multiplayer shooters

it's not like i just play kpop over it or whatever

I can step up.

All I need to do is 500 posts complaining about assassins creed and then another 500 posts a day praising Batman games for the exact same reasons.

Then add a nonsensical comment about indie games and rinse and repeat after a short sleep.

Balance.

you are doing admirably. Keep up the
incorrect
reviews.

:D

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm making some progress this afternoon on the Steam Invite Spam Filter program I'm working on.

In some ways, it's similar to Idle Master - you will log in, and it will check periodically to see if you have any new Steam invites. You'll be able to set certain criteria that the program will use to determine if a user should be ignored and/or blocked. The idea being that if you find yourself in the unfortunate scenario like the guy who made the GIF I posted earlier, you should instead wake up to little or no invite spam.

The initial version will probably only have a level filter. As in "Block all invites which are level X or lower", which should handle most people's immediate need for such a program. If people find it useful, I'll probably expand it to add additional filters such as number of friends/groups in common, age of the user's Steam account, number of games owned, etc.

gabbo

n7Lt3so.jpg

I see you're not among the people who would kill to see a No One Live Forever style Archer game from Monolith

def sim

I can step up.

Balance.

I'm looking forward to it, toddhunter.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
This Is Why You Don't Pre-Order

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kagemusha, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Z -- MB-485F777BB3690A02 - Taken by Natty1
DarkEnd -- MB-D6B2F75DE09A889B - Taken by Purkake4
Fist of Jesus -- MB-EA13C40E3589B9D7 - Taken by ArynCrinn
Gunspell -- MB-F6D356F0C39035EC - Taken by Akuosa
BLACKBAY ASYLUM -- MB-39D97404D9FA978A - Taken by Kuroyume
iO -- MB-3CA29DDE07C6025A - Taken by redlacs
Gold Rush! Classic -- MB-B8F7A14740E07455 - Taken by Loptous

Dsyndrome

I'm making some progress this afternoon on the Steam Invite Spam Filter program I'm working on.

In some ways, it's similar to Idle Master - you will log in, and it will check periodically to see if you have any new Steam invites. You'll be able to set certain criteria that the program will use to determine if a user should be ignored and/or blocked. The idea being that if you find yourself in the unfortunate scenario like the guy who made the GIF I posted earlier, you should instead wake up to little or no invite spam.

The initial version will probably only have a level filter. As in "Block all invites which are level X or lower", which should handle most people's immediate need for such a program. If people find it useful, I'll probably expand it to add additional filters such as number of friends/groups in common, age of the user's Steam account, number of games owned, etc.

Good stuff man, thanks for all the programs you code. Thankfully I haven't been where the bots lurk, only gotten a handful of fake invites.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Okay, so now we have a thread based on a cleaned up version of the off-screen Portal VR demo footage, and now people are impressed. As I said in there

this is ridiculous
If they aren't ready to show it to the general public then why should they have to show it to the general public? It's not like people put money down for this.

If they aren't ready to show it to the general public then why should they have to show it to the general public? It's not like people put money down for this.

Probably to get their name out ahead of the competition's VR. I think the past twelve months have shown us that it doesn't matter what a buggy unfinished mess something is, the earlier you announce it and get it out, the better, because the money will come.

https://github.com/SteamDatabase/SteamTracking/commit/440464ba277aa7592271456b2fe17bc10549d70c

SMS authentication incoming?

They don't have to show anything. But they did announce it a week ago. Usually when someone announces a new engine they have something to show. Now we have people being so desperate that any shit quality footage gets posted and analyzed to death (this ain't Valve's fault though obviously)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom