• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
fucking bears in far cry 3

why is it helping the enemies
4ULfCHI.jpg

had to, sorry

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
yea it's more of deciding which one to buy and actually having the money for it

Best to wait until AMD unveils the 300 series. If nothing else, Nvidia is bound to respond with a 980 price drop, possibly to the level of the 970 (or thereabouts) given how far the latter has fallen out of favour recently.

That reminds me, I own grimrock(... I think). Is it a casual game in the sense that I can play for like 10 or 15 minutes(ala splunky, fighters, etc.) Or do I need to like sit down and invest a lot of time to it.

If I remember correctly, you can save at any time, so you could certainly play for 15 minutes at a time.

zkylon

zkylewd
Money usually is not issue, there is no money XD
it kinda is for me cos i have my savings in usd and got to change those

Best to wait until AMD unveils the 300 series. If nothing else, Nvidia is bound to respond with a 980 price drop, possibly to the level of the 970 (or thereabouts) given how far the latter has fallen out of favour recently.
i've been told this but no one knows when and the best i've gotten is "in a few months" and like i don't really want to be without a video card for months

also i'm guessing if the 980 drops the 970 will drop but i can't imagine it dropping to a level i can afford it either

it's a sucky time for my video card to break, but i'm not too demanding about graphics, i just want good framerate and for it to last a bit at least. unfortunately it's kind of uncertain if it'll last since it's super early in console stages but u know maybe i'll have a job in a year or two from now

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Finished Hotline Miami 2. Absolutely loved every second of it. Most of the common complaints (larger stages, more windows, story...) just felt right for me. Funny how my overall rank was something like C at best, when in HM1 it was more like an A after the first run. Now onto hard mode.

This franchise is state of the art contemporary pop-art, absolutely glorious

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Well Mortal Kombat X being region locked multiplayer pretty much confirms my wait til the game of the year edition at a steam sale price. -_-

Salsa

so apparently not even activating gifts through a VPN works now, right?

someone sent me a link that since a couple of days ago all games need to be played from that region, something which I believe only happened with a few before

steam is seriously doubling down on the region stuff

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I was looking for a specific kind of game yesterday, but I didn't know exactly what it was. Dsyndrome suggested Dishonored and after looking at a lot of footage online, i'm pretty sure that's the kind of thing I was searching for. So, thanks!
It's a tad too expensive now, though. Here's hoping it'll show up in a sale soon. :p

I've just finished Tomb Raider: Underworld and it's been an...interesting experience. It's clunky, very clearly a rushed product and riddled with bugs but man, they really did nail the adventurous feel. The last couple of levels are a tad annoying, but the game's first half was great. The way the puzzles and platforming where integrated into the enviroments was pretty great. Exploration was a real joy. If they just spent a couple more months on the game and polished it a little, it could have been a real gem. Now it's the weakest in the Amelia trilogy.
Oh, and if you thought Tomb Raider 2013's story and characters where horrible, just wait till you experience this dramatic gem...
Heh.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

someone sent me a link that since a couple of days ago all games need to be played from that region, something which I believe only happened with a few before

It works... it's just that you'd also need a VPN to play it. Games bought for the user's own account aren't region-locked in the same way, though, unless the store sub is set up that way by the publisher -- it's a change to how ACRTAG functions, so items bought directly for an account are unaffected.

Yeah, but they still forget that South America is bigger than just Brazil and Mexico :(

Jawmuncher

Talking about life is strange I'm curious what's going on with
the dad. I have a feeling he's not as bad as he is made out to be despite some fucked up stuff he's done in ep1. Like the confrontation you stop isn't all it seems to me.
Aside from that I hope the rewind mechanic turns out to be useful as a story element. I'm not really digging it as being an actual part of the story yet. But we'll see where it goes.

zkylon

zkylewd
the dad. I have a feeling he's not as bad as he is made out to be despite some fucked up stuff he's done in ep1. Like the confrontation you stop isn't all it seems to me.
Aside from that I hope the rewind mechanic turns out to be useful as a story element. I'm not really digging it as being an actual part of the story yet. But we'll see where it goes.
im gonna go ahead and assume the rewind thing is gonna be a gimmick for the whole series

i mean it's kind of cool cos you get to see the immediate results of your choices, but most of the times you can predict those already, so it's not a big deal. i'm hoping they make people more unpredictable so you have to work more using that, but i'm guessing they will not turn it into a "deep gameplay mechanic", tho i would love to, specially the whole going back and keeping memories/items but also the whole "teleporting" thing of like watching people exit a room and leave the door open, going inside and then rewinding so you're in from the beginning thing

but yea specially the memory keeping thing that reminds me a bit of ng+ in chrono trigger and maybe a bit of majora's mask

Here is the full list:

HqHVC8k.png

jRBFiDV.png

JLG5YKF.png

ytycq9K.png

I played and enjoyed these. Pretty cool that DOS got GOTY cause it deserves it... although I still have yet to finish it myself.

I guess this was steam games only, but hearthstone would top even DOS for me if any PC game could win. And then despite its shortcomings, Titanfall would also fall on my list.

Khronico

(Disclaimer: My experience of Life is Strange is from an ongoing lets play) I really hope the
dad story thread
is more than just
oh he's just a total jerk
. It could be really interesting to explore
his military experience
and see how that may have affected
him
The dad
has the possibility of being one of the more interesting characters in the game IMO.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I was really disappointed by Assassin's Creed: Rogue.

capsule_467x181.jpg

The game really failed to nail any of the aspects that I appreciate in the series.

1. Place in History: the French and Indian War has always felt like the prequel to the Revolutionary War that everyone pretty much forgets about in history class because of how quickly you move through it. It just isn't memorable the way that the Renaissance era, the French Revolution, or the actual Revolutionary War is. There aren't any outstanding events that the narrative ties into (I don't care how silly it gets in the other games, it's fun), it just feels bland and unexciting. Rail on Unity all you want, it was pretty damn cool being present for the execution of King Louis XVI.

2. Location: I love New England, but this was another complete misfire. The one city they have is completely forgettable and has zero cool landmarks. It really felt like it was just a bunch of assets they had from AC3/4/Liberation taped together. The River Valley is frustrating to explore and gets old fast. The Arctic is a bit better and looks pretty neat at times, but it ends up still feeling like the Caribbean from AC4 with icebergs thrown in. I'm looking forward to AC: Victory simply because I know they can't screw up London.

3. Historical Characters/Culture: This game has a couple scenes with Ben Franklin and that's pretty much it (he is barely fleshed out at all). One of the best bits in previous games have been interacting with major players from the history books, like Napoleon, Washington, Da Vinci, etc. in a significant way. Rogue instead chooses to rely on a couple returning characters from previous games and uses them in a really underwhelming fashion. It's just not the same. Similarly, they continue the Edward Kenway trend of creating a main character completely devoid of any interesting culture. I ride hard for Connor from AC3 because they directors for that game doused him in Native American culture. Cormac in Rogue has an Irish accent and that's it.

The game just feels like a reskinned AC4 at the end of the day. For anyone interested in experiencing Assassin's Creed's ship combat I'd recommend just purchasing Freedom Cry. It features a cool main character with actual purpose and an interesting back story. The location is restrained and doesn't feel pointlessly large. It's also less that 4$ at the moment.

Salsa

LIfe is Strange is probably #1 on my get list as soon as its on sale

I could buy one chapter and see but i'd rather get the whole thing once its discounted a bit. It looks great

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I tried out Payday 2, but didn't really enjoy it that much. I played a mission with AI partners, and was hoping to stealth my way through it, but I guess that's not an option unless you unlock those types of characters through the stat point thing? I don't know how I feel about that. Usually I like character progression, but it seems like you're too limited in the beginning. I had to hash it out with the cops for 20 minutes, because I had no stealth take down option (tried melee but it didn't amount to anything) and the drills for the safes were slow (I'm guessing upgrades make those faster, too). I dunno. I don't think I'm too fond of the whole "hold down button until thing happens" type of interaction either.

How does Payday 1 compare to Payday 2? I actually own that one, so I intend to beat it eventually. Might make it low priority if it's too similar though. The slog might be bearable if there's a story at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom