• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Another fucking Sakura game?! Stop already!
What kind of idiots buy this crap anyways?

--The only one lashy could've killed were his comrades :D

No jammer. Only lashman. I don't know who else was there? Munchy? Goochy?

Well, yes indeed, you didn't fuck me. Never said that.

Considering their length, they must be cheap to churn out and get quite the profit.

ExoSoul

Banned
lightning dodges? I beat it on my first try
emot-smuggomqj2o.gif
Idon'tbelieveyou.gif

Did you look it up before hand or are you considering lower tier prizes as "winning"?

Anteater

Idon'tbelieveyou.gif

Did you look it up before hand or are you considering lower tier prizes as "winning"?

well I did a practice run when i ran by that area, like a few dodges and just moved on, I knew before hand I have to go back and do that crap later on, but I remember turning my sound off and did it in one try when I went back, I took a break at every 50 dodges.

I always brag about it because everyone hated that minigame and I really did finish it on my first try, but for the other mini games I spent a long time on the butterfly catching crap and I got really pissed because there were two of them :p

Hey, guys. New to the thread and what not, so hello!
I just got like, $100 of Steam credit from my folks and I have no idea what else to get.
(After shopping through the Ubisoft sale...)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/paulexcellent
Any recommendations are open and what not. >.>

Edit:
slQSO87l.png

Also, Dragonball Xenoverse is amazing and should be checked out by everyone ever.
I'm shocked at the amount of people playing it on Steam at the moment. The community seems to be growing constantly, too.
The game play is solid, with enough depth for the most experience fighting game enthusiasts and basic enough for anyone to jump in. With tons of character skills, clothing options, and missions available with a decent plot around it all, this game is one every DBZ fan should give a try.
It also runs super smooth. (I've tried it on a Y50 and an old Dell XPS 15 with no frame drops at 60FPS)

Anteater

I just got like, $100 of Steam credit from my folks and I have no idea what else to get.

welcome to steamgaf! thread has been slow lately but hey

child of light is worth getting at its current price

call of juarez gunslinger is already mentioned, i liked that game too

Nabs

Edit:
Also, Dragonball Xenoverse is amazing and should be checked out by everyone ever.
I'm shocked at the amount of people playing it on Steam at the moment. The community seems to be growing constantly, too.
The game play is solid, with enough depth for the most experience fighting game enthusiasts and basic enough for anyone to jump in. With tons of character skills, clothing options, and missions available with a decent plot around it all, this game is one every DBZ fan should give a try.
It also runs super smooth. (I've tried it on a Y50 and an old Dell XPS 15 with no frame drops at 60FPS)

Kuroyume

Banned

ExoSoul

Banned
well I did a practice run when i ran by that area, like a few dodges and just moved on, I knew before hand I have to go back and do that crap later on, but I remember turning my sound off and did it in one try when I went back, I took a break at every 50 dodges.

I always brag about it because everyone hated that minigame and I really did finish it on my first try, but for the other mini games I spent a long time on the butterfly catching crap and I got really pissed because there were two of them :p
Fair enough, gratz then.

For me it's the same with the butterflies and Tidus' race, granted I didn't do it on the first time but I didn't hate it, if anything the worst that I can say about it is that I'm indifferent to the events.
I don't really hate the Thunder Plains, but I know it's cool to =P

That was my first PS2 game and in many ways my first proper full-blown game (I had a PS1 before and GB/GBA) and that game was a heavy influence in my tastes and how I judge games nowadays. Also another thing that's kinda cool to hate: blitzball - first play through didn't understand any of it and played the bare minimum for the story, second play through I also lost Waka's retirement game, third play through I discovered you could actually win that and went on to play a fair bit, fourth play through onwards I really built a kickass cross-race team and trained everyone's skills (with Tidus as a focus).

Such a fun mini game, I wasn't even bothered with the fact you could only play in one vertical level.

Friended, also:

- Year Walk
- XCOM Enemy Unknown/Within
- Trine
- Trine 2
- Bastion
- Transistor
- Thomas was Alone
- The Swapper
- Antichamber
- Ballpoint Universe: Infinite
- Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians
- Betrayer
- Darksiders
- Dark Souls
- Dust: An Elysian Tale
- Fez
- Gunpoint
- Hotline Miami
- Lovely Planet
- Luftrausers
- Lyne
- Machinarium
- Megabyte Punch
- Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
- Mirror's Edge
- MirrorMoon EP
- Outland
- Paper Sorcerer
- Race the Sun
- Rogue Legacy
- samurai_jazz
- Savant - Ascent
- Sine Mora
- Skullgirls
- Sleeping Dogs
- Spec Ops: The Line

Should I take a look at my wishlist? Loads of other great games there.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I went and finally played Rogue Legacy for 9 hours to give it a good go.

WTF guys this game is trash. So much potential that falls flat on it's face due to overall structure. After the first two hours it just gets more and more and more boring.

welcome to steamgaf! thread has been slow lately but hey
child of light is worth getting at its current price

http://store.steampowered.com/app/242680/
Nuclear Throne is fun and challenging. Still in EA but there's enough there atm to justify getting it.
Just checked out the trailers of these. While Nuclear Throne doesn't seem like my type of game at the moment, I'mma go ahead and pick up Ori and look at more Child of Light gameplay before making my choice on that one. Thanks, everyone. :)
I went and finally played Rogue Legacy for 9 hours to give it a good go.
WTF guys this game is trash. So much potential that falls flat on it's face due to overall structure. After the first two hours it just gets more and more and more boring.
Dude, I've played 10 hours and I have the exact opposite opinion. That game is my perfect description of a roguelike platformer with tons of "Oh shit" moments.
There's not one moment in that game where I feel like I got cheated. Every death is like "dammit I fucked up again" kind of thing. lol

DocSeuss

Assassin's Creed IV completed, finally. Too bad it won't count towards my Initiates Profile. Oh well.

Aveline DLC was tighter.

- Year Walk
- XCOM Enemy Unknown/Within
- Trine
- Trine 2
- Bastion
- Transistor
- Thomas was Alone
- The Swapper
- Antichamber
- Ballpoint Universe: Infinite
- Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians
- Betrayer
- Darksiders
- Dark Souls
- Dust: An Elysian Tale
- Fez
- Gunpoint
- Hotline Miami
- Lovely Planet
- Luftrausers
- Lyme
- Machinarium
- Megabyte Punch
- Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
- Mirror's Edge
- MirrorMoon EP
- Outland
- Paper Sorcerer
- Race the Sun
- Rogue Legacy
- samurai-jazz
- Savant - Ascent
- Sine Mora
- Skullgirls
- Sleeping Dogs
- Spec Ops: The Line

Should I take a look at my wishlist? Loads of other great games there.

This is a weird list, not gonna lie.

Talking about life is strange I'm curious what's going on with
the dad. I have a feeling he's not as bad as he is made out to be despite some fucked up stuff he's done in ep1. Like the confrontation you stop isn't all it seems to me.
Aside from that I hope the rewind mechanic turns out to be useful as a story element. I'm not really digging it as being an actual part of the story yet. But we'll see where it goes.
It's totally going to be bait and switch, and when things went south, he's going to blame Max on interfering his investigations.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's totally going to bait and switch, and when things went south, he's going to blame Max on interfering his investigations.

that's kind of max's thing, get blamed for everything while looking like a sad puppy

my biggest hope for episode 2 onwards is that maybe someone that isn't max, chloe or max's friendzoned guy is a tiny bit likable

zkylon

zkylewd
The rich girl's gonna come around.
yeah, and probably the bible girl is gonna get her carrie moment

but i can't see myself warming up to anyone else. also i was pretty mean to rich girl in ep 1 cos ruining bitchy popular rich american girls' days is too good to pass on

hope she'll forgive me!

zkylon

zkylewd
are freedom cry or revelaitons or liberation any good?

i feel like for 20 bucks i'd rather buy watch dogs than ass 4 since at least it's a different game but tbh i'd rather not buy either lol

and nothing else really interests me/is cheap enough

child of light was in my radar for a while but i heard it's not that great of a game and that the best thing about it is that you can play it with your kids or something? and after this week of taking care of my baby brother i think i never want kids so u know

Maniac

Banned
SteamGAF! I'm in need of your assistance!

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a router? I'd prefer one with a lot of space in ze NAT department, and decent wifi (and able to carry fiber speeds, mind)

Anyone? :/

Alright, what the hell is going on with WatchDogs on my PC?
It's running at a constant 22FPS in the first scene with EVERYTHING on low and extra stuff off.
I have a Lenovo Y50 with an 860M.
zouOthSl.png

PWp1Wjcl.png

The laptop is no powerhouse, but dang.
Also, it's only on the 30s in the menu. -_-

Parsnip

enemy placement sounds like a nice thing but upgrade price is the one thing that matters. if it's higher than 15, maybe 20, then it's totally not worth it, and even at 15 it's a stretch if you didn't really like dks2, cos apparently they're not upgrading the bosses or the level design whatsoever
I have to admit, if they showed some actual graphical upgrades, that would probably tip me scales in favor of the upgrade. But that's not going to happen, it's going to look like the nextgen versions, and we already have that with some help from GeDoSaTo.

Maniac

Banned

GG no re, it's all ogre now ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Hardware sales are better than ever before, so ofcourse it's dying, because... Well, you know, sales for pre-builts are going down!!11!1
Gaming is a very niche segment within the PC market. The article is discussing the market as a whole which also includes business, the largest segment, and general consumer usage.

Yup. And therefore it's not at all considering anything but the sales of prebuilts, on which margins are slim to begin with. All PC hardware except for prebuilts has seen a rapid increase in sales, but general consumers are wisening up and building for themselves, and businesses are slowly starting to use alternative devices for some of the work that PCs used to do, hence the rapid tablet use in business sectors.

Kanokare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom