• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
I have to admit, if they showed some actual graphical upgrades, that would probably tip me scales in favor of the upgrade. But that's not going to happen, it's going to look like the nextgen versions, and we already have that with some help from GeDoSaTo.

yeah i think if all you care about from the upgrade are the graphics then probably save your money

Maniac

Banned

Netgear Nighthawk R7000 is also very good. I'd go with either this or the Asus RTAC68U above.

Cheers guys. This gives me something to think about. Hows the wireless signal stability, and what's the NAT table like? The biggest reason my dad and I ordered fiber was so we could do a ton of uploading, downloading and peer-to-peer stuff, etc. My new router turns out to be utter shite in that regard. :s

It seems to me like they're talking about off the shelf "bought so my grandma can email" PC's, not gaming or custom built PC which are from what I understand, are growing rapidly.

EDIT: Just saw this on reddit, hopefully this means more retailers (and online) carry the Steam version of GTAV.

Xdqt83R.jpg
Woah! I was sure reading here that Rockstar won't be giving Steam keys anywhere else besides Steam?! Hopefully key sellers will get GTA5 Steam keys in the future as well.
#firsttimeparentproblems
At least you can dump dozens of hours playing with minibosstone. Or change diapers and wake up in the middle of night :p
Its my steam birthday! (I have proof!) and tomorrow it is my birthday. Too bad no sale! =D
Happy early birthday buddy!

Dsyndrome

Cheers guys. This gives me something to think about. Hows the wireless signal stability, and what's the NAT table like? The biggest reason my dad and I ordered fiber was so we could do a ton of uploading, downloading and peer-to-peer stuff, etc. My new router turns out to be utter shite in that regard. :s

Here's a review from the tail end of 2013; haven't port-forwarded in a while, so not able to speak to that.
http://www.cnet.com/products/asus-rt-ac68u-dual-band-wireless-ac1900-gigabit-router/

Maniac

Banned
Here's a review from the tail end of 2013; haven't port-forwarded in a while, so not able to speak to that.
http://www.cnet.com/products/asus-rt-ac68u-dual-band-wireless-ac1900-gigabit-router/

Mostly meant stuff like torrenting for peer-to-peer, really. Haven't port forwarded myself in years, really. :p

Cheers though! I'll see if I can get hold of either of these in the store where I got my current one, as I'm unsure if I'll be able to get cash outta them... We'll see I guess. I digress, thanks. Hope I can find a decent price here in europe :)

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, what the hell is going on with WatchDogs on my PC?
It's running at a constant 22FPS in the first scene with EVERYTHING on low and extra stuff off.
I have a Lenovo Y50 with an 860M.
zouOthSl.png

PWp1Wjcl.png

The laptop is no powerhouse, but dang.
Also, it's only on the 30s in the menu. -_-

With everything on low, you should be reaching ~60-50 fps. Are you on powersaving mode?

Alright, what the hell is going on with WatchDogs on my PC?
It's running at a constant 22FPS in the first scene with EVERYTHING on low and extra stuff off.
I have a Lenovo Y50 with an 860M.
zouOthSl.png

PWp1Wjcl.png

The laptop is no powerhouse, but dang.
Also, it's only on the 30s in the menu. -_-
You might want to check your nvidia driver setting, make sure it's the discrete GPU running the game, not your onboard Intel GPU. Because it sounds like the auto switch feature wasn't working, manually set it to 860M.

Jawmuncher

... I'm so sad that this is probably going to end up shit.

637x358.resizedimage

These games are completely FREE
March 14 - wholetonegames
Hey guys, just to remind you all that when greenlit, I will not be charging for these games. So click that "yes" button with confidence!

I voted yes.

With everything on low, you should be reaching ~60-50 fps. Are you on powersaving mode?

You might want to check your nvidia driver setting, make sure it's the discrete GPU running the game, not your onboard Intel GPU. Because it sounds like the auto switch feature wasn't working, manually set it to 860M.
Thanks, guys. I'm not on power saving mode, but I'll try to check the driver settings.
I've been playing the game with the low framerate and... It's really boring. I still want to fix it, though. lol

Edit: No luck. Just wants to run like bum in my PC...
Edit 2: Goddammit. Everything on at High and I'm getting 48FPS now, which is my laptop display's max, so we're good. >.>

Vibranium

Banned
It seems to me like they're talking about off the shelf "bought so my grandma can email" PC's, not gaming or custom built PC which are from what I understand, are growing rapidly.

EDIT: Just saw this on reddit, hopefully this means more retailers (and online) carry the Steam version of GTAV.

Man I hope Rockstar lets retailers sell Steam codes. They can offer special DLC to use Social Club or something, just don't restrict customer choices.

Thanks, guys. I'm not on power saving mode, but I'll try to check the driver settings.
I've been playing the game with the low framerate and... It's really boring. I still want to fix it, though. lol

Edit: No luck. Just wants to run like bum in my PC...
Edit 2: Goddammit. Everything on at High and I'm getting 48FPS now, which is my laptop display's max, so we're good. >.>
So it's just a case of Watch Dogs being a piece of shit port.
i shouldn't have eaten so many french fries before playing hotline miami 2
Why?

zkylon

zkylewd
i wonder if buying a 120gb ssd woudl be worth it

it'd basically be windows, league, my game dev tools like photoshop and flash develop and my bugtracker server xampp thing, since there's not much room for big steam games in there

it's not that expensive and my computer is kind of super slow to turn on

hmm

game just makes me dizzy

all the flashing lights and stuff

Zkylon is like the animu girl who faints when she sees fake blood when she's helping the class make props for their haunted house for their school cultural festival.

Incoming plot for GAF VN!!!!
lol

not quite but i'm a bit queasy about gore and other gross stuff that's true

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
i wonder if buying a 120gb ssd woudl be worth it

it'd basically be windows, league, my game dev tools like photoshop and flash develop and my bugtracker server xampp thing, since there's not much room for big steam games in there

it's not that expensive and my computer is kind of super slow to turn on

If you've never had a Solid State drive, you're in for a treat. I'd totally recommend getting one at just about any size.

zkylon

zkylewd
The feeling when you have a 3 day weekend but also have the flu so you don't feel like doing anything ;-;
last time i was like sick for a week or whatever i watched all of hannibal. pretty fun, mads mikkelsen is the best

Go big or go home, 1 TB SSD is the only way to go! Newegg has had some decent deals on 512 GB models for around 170 too.
argieland is bad for importing

we get 35% on credit card purchases (so every steam game i buy is essentially 35% more expensive) and 50% tax for imported crap tho i think that's only for more than 300 usd a year? hard to say and hard to know who to complain about either way

the 120gb one here is 100usd ish which is really overpriced i guess but it's how things work around here ;_;

If you've never had a Solid State drive, you're in for a treat. I'd totally recommend getting one at just about any size.
yeah, i just have a 500gb hdd and a 1tb hdd

my friend bought a 500gb ssd but he has a well-paying job which up until now was a requirement in my mind to buy one of these things

but seeing a 120gb one at 100 usd doesn't look so bad and it feels like one of those things i'd appreciate, tho it seems kinda small i guess? i dunno how steam'd be

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Yeah, an SSD as an OS drive makes a world of difference regardless of how the rest of your PC fares. I still need to get around to buying a replacement for my dead Vertex 2, but I'm waiting for a 240GB/256GB drive to hit ~$100 (100GB for Windows and the rest for Steam games I'm currently playing).

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
but seeing a 120gb one at 100 usd doesn't look so bad and it feels like one of those things i'd appreciate, tho it seems kinda small i guess? i dunno how steam'd be

They're fine for small indie and older games. However, some current games use 30-50gb each and that trend will only increase so I would advise you to save money instead and invest in at least a 250gb version.

How big an ssd should I buy if I just want it to contain my OS? 128GB? or 256GB?

Windows 7 takes about 30-40gb depending on updates and features. A 120gb SSD has around 111gb of usable space.

zkylon

zkylewd
They're fine for small indie and older games. However, some current games use 30-50gb each and that trend will only increase so I would advise you to save money instead and invest in at least a 250gb version.
that's true, but my steamapps folder is only 150 gbs and i could pretty easily delete some stuff out of that

it'll take ur advice tho cos you're right, it's just that ssd's seemed so out of my reach that i'm surprised they're pretty acceptably priced now.

abracadaver

My friend built a new PC yesterday and created a new Steam account. We played a few games and he got some trading cards.

Now when he is looking at his trading cards (where it tells him how much the card his worth) it shows the price as USD instead of euro. Why is that? We are in europe. The store show euro prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom