• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcasm

bah I can't get through to paypal. Gives me a 404 >_>

If you pay me back I might be able to help you. It is my birthday (both steam and tomorrow is my actual birthday) feeling.

screenshot2015-03-1506yusr.png

zkylon

zkylewd
some more hotline miami 2

the level design is a bit weird, lots of guys shooting you from outside the screen means it's even more trial-and-error-y than it should be and lots of guns in general make it so that it takes me a lot of retries to get through each level

it definitely feels like they amped up the difficulty, but not in the right way, so gameplay wise i almost like it less than the first one. the duck brothers and the non lethal guy are interesting additions but yeah, i dunno about the guns

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm probably the only one here who pre-purchased Shiftlings, but on the off-chance that somebody else did and you want to check out the art book, you can force it to download by entering download_depot 310810 353350 in Steam's console (which you can enable by adding -dev to the target line). The app is still private for the time being, so it's not downloaded as part of the installation.

Started and finished Life is Strange Ep. 1, took about 2 and a half-ish hours to finish, really cool game, it's like a way chill Telltale style game with a neat time manipulation mechanic. It's a gorgeous game too, with a nice indie/hipster soundtrack, I really liked the end sequence track.

zkylon

zkylewd
what happens to me is after like a hotline miami session, 1 or 2, i end up feeling grossed out for like half an hour

it's pretty cool

Playing Dark Souls again in prep for Bloodborne's imminent launch. Finding people online seems to be much easier now that it's no longer using GFWL. I don't think I ran into any hackers either.
Or they hid it extremely well...

Playing Dark Souls again in prep for Bloodborne's imminent launch. Finding people online seems to be much easier now that it's no longer using GFWL. I don't think I ran into any hackers either.
Does DS1 have VAC now that it is steamworks?

zkylon

zkylewd
not being able to play bloodborne is like torture

also did you really find a lot of people? i only got invaded once and went human up until anor londo which was actually pretty invade heavy even during the gfwl times.

i should finish that no shield playthrough, but after watching my brother beat all souls games so easily i've realized i'm super bad at it and s&o too stronk for me right now

Does DS1 have VAC now that it is steamworks?
I have no idea but I doubt it. Usually the "hacks" are just modded save files. There was one guy doing ninja flips in full Havels but that was the only thing that seemed questionable.

not being able to play bloodborne is like torture

also did you really find a lot of people? i only got invaded once and went human up until anor londo which was actually pretty invade heavy even during the gfwl times.

i should finish that no shield playthrough, but after watching my brother beat all souls games so easily i've realized i'm super bad at it and s&o too stronk for me right now

You only get into the darkwraith covenant after getting the lord vessel so usually there aren't that many invasions outside of twinkers before anor londo. I was doing a level 1 playthrough and joined the darkwraiths to slap around some newbies in the parish but I lost that character in the transition from gfwl to steamworks. :(

e: As for my current playthrough I joined the darkwraiths and found a lot of invasion targets in anor londo and oolacile township at around level 70ish.

JaseC

AssCreed Rogue has a bug that results in the death animation for heavy guards not loading after the berserk timer runs out... and annoyingly, since they're still technically alive, they can still detect you, as I found out the hard way a little earlier.

It's probably related to a similar bug in 3, Black Flag and Unity that results in the reload animation spontaneously not completing, which temporarily makes reloading impossible unless you empty your current clip. At first I was certain that the issue crops up only if you do something that interrupts the reloading animation, but more than a few times while playing Unity it appeared for no apparent reason.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
AssCreed Rogue has a bug that results in the death animation for heavy guards not loading after the berserk timer runs out... and annoyingly, since they're still technically alive, they can still detect you, as I found out the hard way a little earlier.

It's probably related to a similar bug in 3, Black Flag and Unity that results in the reload animation spontaneously not completing, which temporarily makes reloading impossible unless you empty your current clip.

so ... iconic ubi QA once again, I see ;)

zkylon

zkylewd
You only get into the darkwraith covenant after getting the lord vessel so usually there aren't that many invasions outside of twinkers before anor londo. I was doing a level 1 playthrough and joined the darkwraiths to slap around some newbies in the parish but I lost that character in the transition from gfwl to steamworks. :(

e: As for my current playthrough I joined the darkwraiths and found a lot of invasion targets in anor londo and oolacile township at around level 70ish.
ah, that makes sense

i don't particularly care for the pvp aspect of the game but i like that tension, specially in dark souls 2 since you're never safe

It's probably related to a similar bug in 3, Black Flag and Unity that results in the reload animation spontaneously not completing, which temporarily makes reloading impossible unless you empty your current clip. At first I was certain that the issue crops up only if you do something that interrupts the reloading animation, but more than a few times while playing Unity it appeared for no apparent reason.
saoirse became an ubi bug tester so gradually i didn't even notice

DocSeuss

So THAT'S why reloading wasn't working.

I really don't know what to think of Black Flag. The Aveline DLC was fun, albeit super duper linear.

JaseC

What does it mean if my buddy can no longer see my games but I still see his? Family share question.

It means his PC is no longer authorised. Steam can be a little picky about what constitutes a new system... and sometimes FS just breaks.

JaseC

Looks like Genuine Free to Play Collector's Packs are finally starting to dry up:

gf2pcpvix2x.jpg

It still remains to be seen if somebody out there is willing to pay $90+ for one, though.

So I have to log in again or can he fix it?

The former. Deauth the current listing (so you're not wasting a slot) and then reauth his system.

Are there any good grinding spots in Neptunia?

Somehow I am in Chapter 7 now and slowly the game gets boring. The same reused assets over and over again, somehow the enemies are getting kinda hard and it just feels like I saw everything the game has to offer.

Chariot

Are there any good grinding spots in Neptunia?

Somehow I am in Chapter 7 now and slowly the game gets boring. The same reused assets over and over again, somehow the enemies are getting kinda hard and it just feels like I saw everything the game has to offer.
Ehat is your your level?

JaseC

Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

In Exilium -- MB-8CEFF07A664F1317 - Taken by Purkake4
Radium #1 -- MB-0E9197B4CDAB65E9 - Taken by Darth Kupi
Radium #2 -- MB-D619D0189C5C71D7 - Taken by Patison
Radium #3 -- MB-FEBD69516A12F036 - Taken by Casimir
Radium #4 -- MB-ADA480190FA2EE9C - Taken by 7Sins
12 Labours of Hercules -- MB-FA21E5FE1268FF69 - Taken by WinterDemons

Chariot

They hit 5000 HP. I cant beat them yet :(
Then grind in the first factory on Lastation after you added more difficult enemies. The bosses give good experience and uyou can easily rotate betwern them. Plus? the map is super small so you can easily walk out and in when your ressources are low.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not really up-to-date with the new Steam policies regarding cross-region shopping.

The thing is, I'm living in Australia atm and want to pre-purchase GTA 5 (want that ingame money :D). Will I have troubles playing the game once I'm back in Germany? Or should I just use a VPN to be safe? Also consider buying it from GMG since I have 12$ credit there.

JaseC

I'm not really up-to-date with the new Steam policies regarding cross-region shopping.

The thing is, I'm living in Australia atm and want to pre-purchase GTA 5 (want that ingame money :D). Will I have troubles playing the game once I'm back in Germany? Or should I just use a VPN to be safe? Also consider buying it from GMG since I have 12$ credit there.

You'll be fine. The changes Valve has made recently apply to gifts purchased in/sent from certain territories, and using a VPN to activate a gift or buy something from another region is exactly what you don't want to do.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Its all fine and dandy but for the love of god that imperialistic heathen needs to pronounce yandere correctly.
rhymes with john deere amirite keke

that game looks like something that would need at least bloodlines level of production to work out well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom