• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Man, that Panzer Dragoon thread really got me wondering if we'll ever see Orta on Steam. How is it possible that such a fantastic franchise is lost to oblivion?

Sega and their great way of treating their gems like garbage. Didn't most of the games from Saturn they burned the code or simply throw it away? Smart moves.

Zeknurn

So with the euro and the dollar starting to converge at the same value, how long before they increase the euro prices of games on Steam by 25%?

So with the euro and the dollar starting to converge at the same value, how long before they increase the euro prices of games on Steam by 25%?

tumblr_nl6dc83R5a1tlb56zo1_400.gif

don't even joke about that >.<

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Valve won't impose a price increase on current titles. The default conversion rate may rise, though, which would affect new releases.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Valve won't impose a price increase on current titles. The default conversion rate may rise, though, which would affect new releases.

well MGSV is already supposedly going to be 70€ ... so ... yeah ....

Arthea

It totally will happen, we better prepare ourselves, seeing as all prices are skyrocketing at the moment. We will be lucky if it'll be 25% only, no telling how low euro intends to drop and how much publishers think we can pay. (._.)
I'm OK with not buying new games, I had some talks with myself during last month and decided it's not the end of the world when I have games for several lifetimes at least!

Aw yiss, taking 1 week off from work just for E3~

your life sounds like some kind of paradise on earth, you know.

lashman

It totally will happen, we better prepare ourselves, seeing as all prices are skyrocketing at the moment. We will be lucky if it'll be 25% only, no telling how low euro intends to drop and how much publishers think we can pay. (._.)
I'm OK with not buying new games, I had some talks with myself during last month and decided it's not the end of the world when I have games for several lifetimes at least!

when that happens (it's not even a matter of "if") I guess I just won't be buying any new shit even more than currently .... I mean - it's not like I'm earning more cash than before or anything ... so essentially everything is just getting more and more expensive for me ... and if publishers think 1/6th
(no, I'm not exaggerating)
of an average monthly wage here is an ok price for a game then fuck them .... hard

Grief.exe

I actually have a good amount of Ubisfot games on my wish list {Rainbow Six series, Anno 1404, Rayman Origins, Grow Home, Beyond Good and Evil, and maybe getting into the PoP series).

Literally none of these titles went on sale this weekend. Even when I do want to give Ubisoft money, they are a disappointment.

Arthea

I actually have a good amount of Ubisfot games on my wish list {Rainbow Six series, Anno 1404, Rayman Origins, Grow Home, Beyond Good and Evil, and maybe getting into the PoP series).

Literally none of these titles went on sale this weekend. Even when I do want to give Ubisoft money, they are a disappointment.

I remember PoP games being discounted some time ago (rather long ago), I think I bought them at that time. Yes, all of them.

lashman

Wow @ 500k in less than a week. That is very impressive.

I guess people just really REALLY wanted a good SimCity game :)

I see nothing wrong. The Prince of Persia games are good/great.

I bought them all last time, as well

they definitely are .... I think I like WW the most (not a very popular opinion, apparently :p) ... PoP2008 right after that (not a very popular opinion either afaik :p)

milena87

they definitely are .... I think I like WW the most (not a very popular opinion, apparently :p) ... PoP2008 right after that (not a very popular opinion either afaik :p)

I loved PoP2008 as well. Yes, it was extremely easy, but I loved the fluidity, the graphics and the story.

Warrior Within was good, but I didn't love it as much as Sands of Time. I did like it more than The Two Thrones.

My brother has pretty much the opposite opinion of course. He hated PoP2008, loved T2T and didn't really like WW. At least we both agree on Sand of Time.

**high five**

lashman

I loved PoP2008 as well. Yes, it was extremely easy, but I loved the fluidity, the graphics and the story.

Warrior Within was good, but I didn't love it as much as Sands of Time. I did like it more than The Two Thrones.

My brother has pretty much the opposite opinion of course. He hated PoP2008, loved T2T and didn't really like WW. At least we both agree on Sand of Time.

agreed :D

Maniac

Banned
Uh oh. Sorry Bayo! Natalia booted from X Factor.

I must say, she and her husband sound like nut-jobs. I suppose that's part of her eccentric look. Owell. :p

Also in Steam-related news: My new router didn't fix all my problems, so now it's between my ISP and my PC... Sigh. Hope it's not my PC. -_-

Hello ladies, guess whose birthday it is today. No, not mine sweeties, you will have to wait until October for that. No it's the birthday of everyone's favourite fellow GAFfer*. Of course he is far too self conscious to tell you all himself so I thought I would do the deed to embarrass him with all your well wishes *evil laugh*.

* The_Monk, obv.

_hekk05

Banned
GFWL died because its existence was dependent upon third-party support. Uplay will be around for as long as Ubi has a tentpole franchise to covers its upkeep costs.

Ubi's tentpole is rusting.

According to my country's average mortality age, I can wait approximately 60 more years.

Copons

Hello ladies, guess whose birthday it is today. No, not mine sweeties, you will have to wait until October for that. No it's the birthday of everyone's favourite fellow GAFfer*. Of course he is far too self conscious to tell you all himself so I thought I would do the deed to embarrass him with all your well wishes *evil laugh*.

* The_Monk, obv.

Happy birthday to EITHER you OR Monk, then!

lashman

* The_Monk, obv.

well, let me just add to that list then - it's SubZero's birthday too :)

Tizoc

* The_Monk, obv.

woo hoo! Happy b-day Monk!
giphy.gif

I get my yearly bonus this week so that means I can go on a game buying binge. However there are so many games I want I'm just over loaded. I can't choose. Worse, I'm somehow tempted by Battlefield Hardline and I promised myself I would not by another battlefield game (that isn't star wars) at full price.

It doesn't help my wishlist is now over 100 games. I really need to chop it down.

http://steamcommunity.com//id/baroncalamity/wishlist

Let me know if there is anything I should axe / avoid.

btw, so what about those Sid's Starships? Nobody bought it?
edited: just checked steam reviews... whoa these are bad. Now I'm glad I haven't bought it.

I really like it when I had a chance to play it. If you look at the mobile reviews, they are universally glowing. The pc version could use a bit more polish to make it seem a little less like a mobile port but thats it. I feel its one of Firaxis best games. Though I'm not a big fan of Civ out side of 4 and the original release in the early 90s.

Happy Birthday The Monk, and also Sarcasm, I think it's also his birthday.

giphy.gif

Happy birthday!

PoP2008 is one of the most beautiful games I've ever played, and I even enjoyed the ending. Love that game.

I loved PoPs 2008's graphics and artistic design, and the combat was super fun but a HATED the story, especially the end. When I think of terrible game endings (and I've played video and computer games since 1974), PoP 2008 springs to my mind as on top miles above everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom