• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

Damn SteamGAF i am so tired XD I am helping my aunt to move and almost all of her furniture is hard wood. Real life causes physical pain!!!

Did i miss anything interesting in past 12 hours (except that X-Factor lady that Bayo loves and her crazy talk)?

it's also SubZero's birthday today!!! geez ; _ ;

Happy birthday SubZero.
l_zpsc79682fd.jpg

Maniac

Banned
I know the news and Im not affected by it. She was harsh and she deserved it. I still like the music and her looks.

I concur. It was deserved. It was... An odd tantrum, really. And I've yet to hear her music, I suppose I should since I've been seeing her face on a daily basis for a while now :p

And... I don't know if I "like" her looks. But she does look god damn cool (and weird, eccentric, odd and hot. :p)

Ahem, ehm, ANYWAY...

Yeah, no I don't have anything that's on-topic. Time to embrace off-topic ,_,

Uzzy

talking about ME3 ending dlc, it's only marginally different, I'm not sure why it was needed at all. Well, at least it was free. Or wasn't it? I forgot (><)

Well, it answered some much needed questions like 'did choosing this ending genocide a friendly race who I've gotten to know well', or 'did choosing that ending leave a massive fleet of alien ships around a devastated Earth that can't support any of them', or the old favourite of 'did I just wipe out all life in the galaxy?'

You'd think these were important questions to address, but it took Bioware until the ending DLC to answer them.

I loved PoPs 2008's graphics and artistic design, and the combat was super fun but a HATED the story, especially the end. When I think of terrible game endings (and I've played video and computer games since 1974), PoP 2008 springs to my mind as on top miles above everything else.

I didn't think much of PoP2008's story, but I felt the ending was excellent. One of the best of recent years, actually. The epilogue DLC wasn't really needed though, and was more of a sequel hook that'll never pay off now.

Parsnip

click for the link

oh, by the way - they already sold 500k+ copies :D

BXnBXmn.jpg

Nice. I hope that at some point they'll add filters for their chirpy chirp to actually be useful. Like, I don't mind it, but once you've seen the chirp asking if anyone knows how much the electricity meter uses electricity about 10 times, you kind of wish it would only show important stuff.

#NOREGRETS

I think you mean ragrets.

_hekk05

Banned
Happy birthday SubZero

01_07_14_Joelton%20Low%20Temp_Amanda%20Williams.jpg

Bloodborne is my first ever pre-order and it'll probably be my last. I can't believe I was tempted into breaking that one rule I had. Damn you YianGarugaaaaa!!!!1!11

Hatred just looks less and less tempting to me as the days go by. I probably won't pick it up unless I can fight the entire army.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Nice. I hope that at some point they'll add filters for their chirpy chirp to actually be useful. Like, I don't mind it, but once you've seen the chirp asking if anyone knows how much the electricity meter uses electricity about 10 times, you kind of wish it would only show important stuff.

I'm sure they will :) ... or a modder will :) either way - it's coming soon, I'm sure

Also Happy Birthday to Sarcasm and SubZero.

Sub if you're reading this. I hope you'll come back to GAF after your ban is lifted.

he's not banned ... frost is

Yeah, i'm getting a little tired of the Black Mesa stuff and other crap that doesn't impact me.

talking about ME3 ending dlc, it's only marginally different, I'm not sure why it was needed at all. Well, at least it was free. Or wasn't it? I forgot (><)

The DLC didn't change the ending so much as the story was changed to fit the ending. The story better explained itself and expanded upon what happen and why it happen. Plus there was a free change to the ending but it didn't change much.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Damn SteamGAF i am so tired XD I am helping my aunt to move and almost all of her furniture is hard wood. Real life causes physical pain!!!

Did i miss anything interesting in past 12 hours (except that X-Factor lady that Bayo loves and her crazy talk)?

Putin is, to the surpise of no one reasonable, fine and still in power.

Also, my condolences, moving furniture is never fun.

Amzin

Nice. I hope that at some point they'll add filters for their chirpy chirp to actually be useful. Like, I don't mind it, but once you've seen the chirp asking if anyone knows how much the electricity meter uses electricity about 10 times, you kind of wish it would only show important stuff..

I actually really want them to add the functionality someone in the Cities thread suggested, of letting you log into your real Twitter and it'll display real tweets you get as well. I hardly ever look at my own feed (despite having a bunch of people I'm following) and that would be fantastical.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Unless food is involved.

Hamburgers are great at moving furniture, it's true.

Alright, Jase's food jokes have been mostly falling fat, but that was pretty decent.

Coming back to SteamGAF after a long absence, what did I miss?

Also happy birthday to me! :v

Cities: Skylines, Ori and the blind forest, and Hand of Fate are great.

Besiege is an interesting EA title to look out for.

Jase broke 4k.

Salsa is back, but broke.

Valve revealed their partners versions of Steam machines. You can even view them on Steam, but the whole effort is a bit half-assed to be honest.

Indications from GAF seem to show that Valves interpretation of VR seems impressive.

_________

Happy Birthday Supa!

dex3108

Putin is, to the surpise of no one reasonable, fine and still in power.

Also, my condolences, moving furniture is never fun.

Worst thing is that she lives on second floor with narrow stairs XD

Also happy B-Day to fellow SteamGAF members who are celebrating it today :D

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Thank you for the wishes guys. I really appreciate them even if I don't post at all here recently. I should be back with a giveaway soon :)

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Thank you for the wishes guys. I really appreciate them even if I don't post at all here recently. I should be back with a giveaway soon :)

you don't have to do a giveaway ... we're just happy to have you back <3

DriftedPlanet

Unconfirmed Member
Hello ladies, guess whose birthday it is today. No, not mine sweeties, you will have to wait until October for that. No it's the birthday of everyone's favourite fellow GAFfer*. Of course he is far too self conscious to tell you all himself so I thought I would do the deed to embarrass him with all your well wishes *evil laugh*.
* The_Monk, obv.
well, let me just add to that list then - it's SubZero's birthday too :)
Happy Birthday The Monk, and also Sarcasm, I think it's also his birthday.
Urgh, don't remind me. I'm not looking forward to it at all. I think I'm going to be very depressed when its here.
Happy birthday all you beautiful people, and happy future birthday Shadow!
4a231c444908cb91f4b8d5af1353be8c

Coming back to SteamGAF after a long absence, what did I miss? Also happy birthday to me! :v
Welcome back, and happy bday :)
Why does that look like Optimus Prime head on Shredder body.
A TMNT expansion for MK would be radical.

is this your account? http://steamcommunity.com/id/sensoft04

last played on 22 feb. 45 games. hmm...
Nah, thanks for looking out Auto, but this is him.

Happy birthday Sarcasm!
Happy birthday Sub-Zero!
Happy birthday Monk!
Happy birthday Supaidaman!

So many people these days. Now I know why it is called the summer of love..

my bad
Vendrick is crazy easy, just circle him and stay on his hip. You can easily avoid his attacks. Takes some time, but it's not difficult.
Yup, you were totally right. I had 4 giant souls and waited a lot to get summons helping me out. After a while of nothing I checked the web and turns out it is a boss fight you have to do alone. Haha, I am sometimes stupid.

Anyway, he looks goofy and harmless but damn his swipe attacks are much faster than expected. Got right behind his legs and surprisingly his huge swings miss totally there. Was only a matter of patience after that.

Not much left sadly. Royal Rat Authority, Darklurker stuff and Nashandra. I will give the ancient dragon a couple more tries though. It nags on me.

I will leave Nashandra for the final but I hope killing her won't trigger NG+ since I wan't to "pause" my game until I get DLC.
Well, to be fair, they made that easier to do in Dark Souls 2. You can buy a ring from the cat vendor in Majula iirc, and then choose an option at the vendor and your summon sign will only appear those with a ring, who have also chosen your choice.
I didn't know that. That sounds good. Does that disregard SoulMemory totally though? I am SL186 and friends are most likely much lower level.
y1afI5k.jpg

8PmVtCM.jpg

OcPd02l.jpg

9VrbN0w.jpg

lKEyatS.jpg

8zhClLg.jpg

s7bWLsZ.jpg

rcjZIJ0.jpg

egq3HHN.jpg

gotta love those guys :)
It may be one of the better DLC strategies but for me only one thing counts. Paradox's DLCs are very often expensive and don't go down much. Add on top that there are always loads of non-cosmetic ones and it gets a serious expensive pain to have all "real" content. I haven't seen any good deals in terms of season pass or goty editions for either CK2 or EU4 either, so while their DLCs are usuallly good, it is a pain to get them all.

It may be one of the better DLC strategies but for me only one thing counts. Paradox's DLCs are very often expensive and don't go down much. Add on top that there are always loads of non-cosmetic ones and it gets a serious expensive pain to have all "real" content. I haven't seen any good deals in terms of season pass or goty editions for either CK2 or EU4 either, so while their DLCs are usuallly good, it is a pain to get them all.
they go on sale all the time

i own all but the latest ck2 expansions and i dont even play that game because they were like a dollar

milena87

Not much left sadly. Royal Rat Authority, Darklurker stuff and Nashandra. I will give the ancient dragon a couple more tries though. It nags on me.

I will leave Nashandra for the final but I hope killing her won't trigger NG+ since I wan't to "pause" my game until I get DLC.

Royal Rat Authority... how I hated that fight. Darklurker was pretty cool, though.

And no, you won't start NG+ right away. You'll fight Nashandra, fight
the Scholar of the first Sin
, see the ending and then you're free to finish whatever you like.
You need to select NG+ in Majula in order to start it.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
you don't have to do a giveaway ... we're just happy to have you back <3

Gotta unload those spares.... and thanks :p

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 22 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sub Zero, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Five Nights at Freddies -- MB-E3356C703D51E54E - Taken by Shadownet
Nuclear Dawn -- MB-37727638E10E6E2F - Taken by Se7enSword
Adventurezator: When Pigs Fly -- MB-8A64BC26B1817AD6 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Motte Island -- MB-38D001217E65751A - Taken by Akuosa
Vertical Drop Heroes HD -- MB-2D53FBBB393C87AB - Taken by DriftedPlanet
The Cat Lady -- MB-F0331CA79789C37C - Taken by TheMadMan007
Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure -- MB-18CD69FDF5102AE7 - Taken by Catshade
Betrayer -- MB-4803074F31C7A93D - Taken by Loptous
Always Sometimes Monsters #2 -- MB-736D57F3A87CF68B - Taken by _hekk05
Dead Effect -- MB-080CFEBE44F03856 - Taken by thereisnoif
Broken Sword 2: The Smoking Mirror -- MB-6B015C830BE0D9E2 - Taken by Drillow
Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition -- MB-8E3366DF251C5F36 - Taken by Blak_Status
The Whispered World Special Edition -- MB-7D5BE6DDA26BDC1F - Taken by Zeeman
Full Mojo Rampage -- MB-655CB539123299F8 - Taken by ExoSoul
Always Sometimes Monsters -- MB-6723CB19FEB54BD8 - Taken by Annubis
Grand Ages: Rome Gold Edition -- MB-1C82458D34D6B279 - Taken by darkchewie
Insurgency -- MB-4E1852FE0C6778DA - Taken by S1n1st3r
Broken Sword 1: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut -- MB-95E32CEE0F821D01 - Taken by lindarasta
SPACEBASE DF9 -- MB-C41C97192A5B5B93 - Taken by Deques
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky -- MB-BFF514CAAC9910B2 - Taken by anastef
ulgzbKC.png
Words for Evil (Desura) -- MB-A572E464DAE314A3 - Taken by Jason Frost
Little Racers: Street -- MB-C4224A1CF36CCAEB - Taken by Sammichu
Insurgency #2 -- MB-AE0C403107074CBF - Taken by titch

Every key should work. Not sure about Dark Souls as it's taken from the CD key section of my steam account before the steamworks patch. I'm sorry if anything ends up being a dupe. Wanted to offer something bigger but I don't really have any money to spend atm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom