• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Anyone know how many units the most recent SimCity game sold?

1.1m in its first two weeks, with sales thereafter dropping like a lead balloon (relatively speaking) to hit 1.3m after a month. If Skylines' sales remain constant, it'll hit 900k at the two-week mark and, funnily enough, hit 1.3m come April 10th (i.e. ultimately match SimCity's first-month performance).

GaussTek

Jesus, people are hammering GOG because of Rise of the Triad? -___-

Anyway, I think I managed to get mine, but I guess I have to wait to get the confirmation e-mail first.

The horror
V48vwdg.png

Sup guys.

ouch, and here i thought my connection was shit once everyone gets home(its so bad I can't play online games cause it lags to the point where its just unplayable) but that takes the cake.

HoosTrax

1.1m in its first two weeks, with sales thereafter dropping like a lead balloon (relatively speaking) to hit 1.3m after a month. If Skylines' sales remain constant, it'll hit 900k at the two-week mark and, funnily enough, hit 1.3m come April 10th (i.e. ultimately match SimCity's first-month performance).
Not bad for word-of-mouth grassroots "advertising", and I suspect it'll continue to do well in the long term instead of fizzling out.

Backlogger

A few questions for SteamGaf before the sales roll over.

1. Does Assassin's Creed 2 still require an internet connection to play?

2. Do Brotherhood or Revelations require any interaction with Uplay?

3. Does 3 still run badly on AMD gpus?

Paging Jasec...

I'm not sure about question #3

Brotherhood and AC2 are not part of the sale unfortunately.

Revelations does require uPay. I think only the first AC doesn't.

Rise of the Triad 2013 is free on the front page of GOG right now. Limited copies available.

http://www.gog.com/

Thanks for the heads up, but looks like I might be too late, homepage won't even load :)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

1. Assassin's Creed 2 dropped their "always online" requirement, but it still requires the game be launched through Uplay.

2. Both Brotherhood and Revelations require Uplay. Launching these games through Steam will launch Uplay.

3. For performance issues in AC3, check out the PCGW article on it. It looks like the only issues with AMD is that the game has terrible performance when running under Crossfire (multiple GPUs).

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
In an effort to promote our services, we have set fire to our web server. Enjoy!

Parsnip

I was tempted to pick up some of the older AC games on Steam, I always played them on 360 before. But alas, they are not on sale for some reason. So I grabbed Freedom Cry and AssRev.

Somewhat amused that Freedom Cry standalone is -75% while Freedom Cry DLC is -50%

JaseC

1) Not outside of the initial key activation, no.

2) Yes. Every internally-developed Ubi game since AssCreed 2 uses Uplay, with the exception of Rayman Origins, I Am Alive and Grown Home.

3) If you're using the same GPU, then probably. The game hasn't been updated in yonks and AMD would have stopped AssCreed 3-specific optimisations not long after it released.

Backlogger

Hmm, I thought they were all on sale.

At least I'm ready for when they actually do go on sale then, thanks!

Yeah, I probably would have bough AC2 and Brotherhood had they been on sale too. I did pick up Revelations and AC3 though. AC2 and Brotherhood will probably be on sale sometime this year.

I plan on binge playing as much of the AC series as possible this year with maybe the exception of Rogue and Unity. Going to wait for the prices to drop on those a bit more.

zkylon

zkylewd
happy bday to everyone, specially monk for being such a bizarrely nice guy

Saints Row V. No longer an open world game about crime, just conniving politics.

I'd play it.

i actually was hoping saints row 4 would have a bigger focus on "politics". not necessarily like actual politics but like doing your presidential campaign against some stuck up old white right wing dude and other shady folks. obviously you don't campaign the legit way and just shoot stuff and do more harm than good and get your voters by winning over turfs by shooting more stuff and other dumb stuff

would've been funnier for me at least. also more white crib

JaseC

I swear the Mighty Quest DLC packs had 30 hours remaining on the discount when I checked their store pages earlier. They best not be pulled before going on sale again.

Edit: ^ Nice to see I'm not crazy.

zkylon

zkylewd
dead state is prolly gonna go lower but for 20 usd on sale it's pretty good value

lasted me 90ish hours and despite the clunkiness there's a lot to love in it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom