• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the Steam Subscriber Agreement got updated today. Via Steam DB's twitter, here's the comparison. Fairly boilerplate stuff: "Software" being swapped for "Content and Services", new clause allowing Valve to remove copyright infringing mods, new rule requiring people plugging stuff on Steam (e.g. publisher Curator lists) and some of the disclaimers have been reshuffled to just before the relevant bits (instead of sticking them all at the top). Also, new legal "this next bit is irrelevant to you" disclaimers for New Zealand folk.

Oh, and Valve enshrining the "we're telling you the sale is final up front, so we get out of the 14 day EU cooling off period" loophole. No such workaround for New Zealand, so you guys get guaranteed refunds if you can't get your games working within 14 days.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, the Steam Subscriber Agreement got updated today. Via Steam DB's twitter, here's the comparison. Fairly boilerplate stuff: "Software" being swapped for "Content and Services", new clause allowing Valve to remove copyright infringing mods, new rule requiring people plugging stuff on Steam (e.g. publisher Curator lists) and some of the disclaimers have been reshuffled to just before the relevant bits (instead of sticking them all at the top). Also, new legal "this next bit is irrelevant to you" disclaimers for New Zealand folk.

Oh, and Valve enshrining the "we're telling you the sale is final up front, so we get out of the 14 day EU cooling off period" loophole. No such workaround for New Zealand, so you guys get guaranteed refunds if you can't get your games working within 14 days.

Still no mention of the account restriction system, I see.

Thanks

What's the difference between SSFIV Arcade Edition and Ultra Street Fighter IV?

if you only have arcade edition you dont get :

- 5 extra characters ( hugo , rolento , poison , elena and decapre )
- delayed wakeup and red focus
- some balance changes
- 4 extra stages
- new trials

Would you like some Goat Simulator in your Dota 2?

The number one goat simulator on Steam could come to the number one game on Steam, Valve's Dota 2, if the community wants it badly enough. Coffee Stain Studios, makers of Goat Simulator, have created a new custom courier — the unit that carries items to and from your base — for Dota 2 in the hopes that players will want a rocket-powered goat to schlep their stuff around.

Watch the above trailer to see how the goat from Goat Simulator is a perfect fit for Dota 2. Notice how the stickiness of its tongue is analogous to the grabbiness of Pudge's meat hook? Makes sense when you think about it.

The Goat Simulator courier is currently up for voting in Dota 2's workshop on Steam.

oh god yes

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
"Wait? Did we say use your phone or tablet? Yes, we did."

Well that's me out.

you need to have a device that can do long-form text input. if that's a laptop for you, that's fine. if that's mobile for you, that's fine. the game wouldn't work if it required controllers. i have no idea if it'll support your pc's keyboard in cases where you're playing one player.

you need to have a device that can do long-form text input. if that's a laptop for you, that's fine. if that's mobile for you, that's fine. the game wouldn't work if it required controllers. i have no idea if it'll support your pc's keyboard in cases where you're playing one player.

All I've got is a desktop.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Nice to know that nothing was added to the SSA that prohibits me from continuing my work.

Jawmuncher

Look what I found thrift shopping! Only 2 bucks and besides the outside of the case it's in perfect condition. One of my all time favorites as a kid. It's similar to command and conquer but you can clone your own dinosaurs to fight with you, including Trexes. Plus there's some new VA from Jeff Goldblum just for the game. Also found 2 boxes of jurassic park cereal, think I'll go back for those at some point.

imageijj7y.jpg

Look what I found thrift shopping! Only 2 bucks and besides the outside of the case it's in perfect condition. One of my all time favorites as a kid. It's similar to command and conquer but you can clone your own dinosaurs to fight with you, including Trexes. Plus there's some new VA from Jeff Goldblum just for the game. Also found 2 boxes of jurassic park cereal, think I'll go back for those at some point.

That is an awesome find! I'm jelly.

I've always disliked when Dota went in those tangents. The goofy or oddball. I know it's not some immersion-based or narrative-driven experience, but those cheeky little breaks in fourth wall are such a bummer to me.

I enjoy the terse, elliptical backstories and how they all seem referential of a greater history that hasn't been fully told. Dota could make a great book series or episodic web series if they just nudged it that way.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
A while ago GOG said I'd get a copy so I assume an email will show up eventually... or it only thought it registered and I won't.

Maniac

Banned
I think I'm the only one in SteamGAF who haven't play a Freddies game yet. Thanks for the chance Sub!

I'll get my underwear ready.

I have all five and have yet to play any of them.

Or however many there are...
And so begins the race to determine who of SteamGAF has the bottom-most tier internet and who of SteamGAF, unwilling to let the peasants moan about abstract inequity but instead be showered in abject inequity, the upper-most tier internet.

I'd post my 90/90 connection which was at 95/95 for a good while, but I haven't had more than single digit up and down this past week.

Danish incompetence at it's finest, ladies & gentlemen.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Nice to know that nothing was added to the SSA that prohibits me from continuing my work.

"Additionally, if you are starring in the upcoming live-action Aquaman film, you are prohibited from creating software that interacts with the Steam client at any level."

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
"Additionally, if you are starring in the upcoming live-action Aquaman film, you are prohibited from creating software that interacts with the Steam client at any level."

Would have been great, such a missed opportunity.

Maniac

Banned
A few questions for SteamGaf before the sales roll over.

1. Does Assassin's Creed 2 still require an internet connection to play?

2. Do Brotherhood or Revelations require any interaction with Uplay?

3. Does 3 still run badly on AMD gpus?

Everything runs badly on AMD gpus
that're more than 6 months old ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The lenny-face may indicate sarcasm, but it's kind of true in half the cases. Their cheap components is why they can kiss my bum.

And to answer your question: 3 still runs like arse on quite a few AMDs, but with a good enough GPU you should be able to brute-force it.

And if they do require a connection and that's a problem, I'd recommend cracking them.

... If you actually own it, that is. I'm not condoning that there jolly roger sailin'

Maniac

Banned
Well guys, I've done it. I've officially made it to the big time.

4XSeq4G.jpg

Man up and make some safety inspector pr0n, Chubi! :D
It's been a week since the last one, so probably 10 or so by now.
(Don't see the appeal, myself)

I've not even attempted to see the appeal.

My backlog is growing out of control and at an exponential rate. I've given up playing games that have actual endings.
I played it for free through Steam Family Sharing and I still wouldn't recommend it at the price of free.
Another point for Danish incompetence ._.

Dang it. Missed it - again, like last time -_-'

I know paulink, marco and toshin like to play from time to time. I am not that into fighters but being able to play for free with people on an off would have been cool.

Since this is the second time, I guess there will be more.
Rise of the Triad 2013 is free on the front page of GOG right now. Limited copies available.

http://www.gog.com/
Not showing for me in Germany. GOG had to set up regional restrictions, maybe that's why.

Or gone too soon. Probably that.
-
Also, another round-up. I beat the Ancient Dragon!!!
Took me about 10 tries. Almost always with summons. Both died very fast, so I had to take the dragon at 70% health alone.
What a thrill. What an excitement.

At the end my hands were literally shaking and I realized that my back was all wet. So tense, yet so fun.
I did melee only and it got substantially easier once I figured the right method. I would stand halfway in front of him and once he started raising his head for his forward-flames, sprint directly at him to his front paws. Hammer down three times and then immediately retreat to halfway in front of his head again. Usually he would fly up, so after seeing that I sprinted away as fast as possible. Once the flames were gone, ran halfway towards him again. Rinse & Repeat.
I put on Flame Quartz Ring +1 but to stay nimble very light armor. This was only just enough to stay alive once caught in his fire.

What a sensation it was to defeat him though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom