• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well guys, I've done it. I've officially made it to the big time.

4XSeq4G.jpg
She's hot

Maniac

Banned
Hmm... Coffee Stain Studios may just have made the best Dota courier to ever grace the workshop.

And their in-depth, detailed description on the creation of it and the symbolic meaning of it is... Just remarkable.

It reads like a Tolkien piece.

Meet... The Goat.

Edit: Fucking beaten? Gosh darn it guis.

Phinor

Shit ya! Thanks for posting that. Was wondering if nuuvem would put up the game. It'll be $15 on steam.

20% off at launch though, so $12. But still, the Nuuvem deal made me buy it day 1 (or 0, or in fact day -1) rather than wait and see approach.

Backlogger

reddit says that comes to $7.40, will it redeem on NA steam?

Seems like it, lets me add it to my shopping cart anyway. They usually tell me its region locked when I try to add it to the cart, but haven't people gotten hosed on pre-orders and region locking in the past?

Backlogger

Alright I will try to buy, I cant read whatever language it is and there is no chrome translate happening. Time to venture into the unknown.

Right click and translate to english. I speak a bit of Portuguese and I'm sure there are other Brasileiros on SteamGAF if you get stuck.

The only concern I had is haven't people pre-ordered games where the game's region lock policy changed or went into affect after the fact?

Maniac

Banned
I've always disliked when Dota went in those tangents. The goofy or oddball. I know it's not some immersion-based or narrative-driven experience, but those cheeky little breaks in fourth wall are such a bummer to me.

I enjoy the terse, elliptical backstories and how they all seem referential of a greater history that hasn't been fully told. Dota could make a great book series or episodic web series if they just nudged it that way.

Marc Laidlaw is a great writer.

And tbh, I feel his talent is wasted at Valve. All the (released) stuff he's written these past two or three years has been nothing but Dota 2 descriptions, lore-text, hero-lore, event lore etc.

I mean, I'm sure he's writing Half-Life too, and other stuff... It just sucks not being able to actually read or hear it! :p
I wonder if they'll put the DLC packs back up. Pulling them with neither a warning nor a last-chance discount was utterly asinine.

Incompetence is as incompetence does

Or something.
Would have been great, such a missed opportunity.

Valve is all about UGC, and Enhanced Steam & Idle Master is some of the best user generated content we've seen in years.

So I just arrived in London today, and while coming back to my new flat after visiting the city centre I swear I passed by Saoirse Ronan, talking to a friend, just in front of my house. I heard her voice and I'm checking some interviews with her, and I'm like 90% sure it was her.

Checkmate, JaseC.

Backlogger

Oh nice, I did get a free copy of RotT from GOG even though it seemed like the button on the home page wasn't responding.

nice!

Right click and translate to english. I speak a bit of Portuguese and I'm sure there are other Brasileiros on SteamGAF if you get stuck.

The only concern I had is haven't people pre-ordered games where the game's region lock policy changed or went into affect after the fact?

Thanks was able to buy, now to wait for a key

Oh neat it's on Nuuvem! If the price is good and its region free I'd appreciate it if someone can help me in buying it and I can paypal them the money =)

It came to $9.04 Canadian, which is about $7.40 or so in USD compared the the proposed 20% off steam price of $12. I have yet to get a key so I cannot confirm if it is region free but I am guessing it is.

I updated my list and chopped it down. I'm seriously looking at any game in the top 30ish. Higher than that, they are either not out yet or are waiting for a crazy steam sale. I'm planning on spending about $200 on games. So about 10 to 15 games depending on the price and if they fall on sale within a week or so. Any opinions if I should swap any titles around or change priorities?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/baroncalamity/wishlist/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So I just arrived in London today, and while coming back to my new flat after visiting the city centre I swear I passed by Saoirse Ronan, talking to a friend, just in front of my house. I heard her voice and I'm checking some interviews with her, and I'm like 90% sure it was her.

Checkmate, JaseC.

Haha, yeah, the director of Brooklyn said in an interview that she moved into her own place in London last year, so it's quite possible.

Tizoc

It came to $9.04 Canadian, which is about $7.40 or so in USD compared the the proposed 20% off steam price of $12. I have yet to get a key so I cannot confirm if it is region free but I am guessing it is.

Interesting, I'll be heading to bed soon, so I'll ask for someone to buy it for me tomorrow.

Happy birthday Sarcasm, Sub-Zero, The_Monk, Supaidaman!

So many birthdays today!

Also, what if there's rule 34 of SteamGAF after SteamGAF academy? Lol

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Also, another round-up. I beat the Ancient Dragon!!!
Took me about 10 tries. Almost always with summons. Both died very fast, so I had to take the dragon at 70% health alone.
What a thrill. What an excitement.

At the end my hands were literally shaking and I realized that my back was all wet. So tense, yet so fun.

Oh dude. Were you using summons every time? All that means is that the Ancient Dragon gets a HUGE defense buff since they die so quickly.

Or gone too soon. Probably that.
-
Also, another round-up. I beat the Ancient Dragon!!!
Took me about 10 tries. Almost always with summons. Both died very fast, so I had to take the dragon at 70% health alone.
What a thrill. What an excitement.

At the end my hands were literally shaking and I realized that my back was all wet. So tense, yet so fun.

I did melee only and it got substantially easier once I figured the right method. I would stand halfway in front of him and once he started raising his head for his forward-flames, sprint directly at him to his front paws. Hammer down three times and then immediately retreat to halfway in front of his head again. Usually he would fly up, so after seeing that I sprinted away as fast as possible. Once the flames were gone, ran halfway towards him again. Rinse & Repeat.
I put on Flame Quartz Ring +1 but to stay nimble very light armor. This was only just enough to stay alive once caught in his fire.

What a sensation it was to defeat him though :D

Awesome! I tried him enough times that the enemies all despawned. Summons were useless for me (even detrimental, as Alo81 points out.) I finally just gave up.

My build wasn't working for it and I didn't feel like respeccing. I did the other optional bosses, though.

This reminds me that I still need to go back and finish up DLC2 and move to DLC3.

DriftedPlanet

Unconfirmed Member
I just discovered the magic of Kumquats. They're like grape tomatoes but as oranges. Very tangy, very tasty and you eat them whole (with the peel). Will be perfect for snacking on while continuing my Alien playthrough.

Oh dude. Were you using summons every time? All that means is that the Ancient Dragon gets a HUGE defense buff since they die so quickly.
Damn. And I was wondering all the time how my +10 Lightning UGS does only scratch him! Took me ages to get his HP down. Haha, unintentional hard-mode I guess ;)
Awesome! I tried him enough times that the enemies all despawned. Summons were useless for me (even detrimental, as Alo81 points out.) I finally just gave up.

My build wasn't working for it and I didn't feel like respeccing. I did the other optional bosses, though.

This reminds me that I still need to go back and finish up DLC2 and move to DLC3.
I was surprised how my very light build was capable. I was almost naked. Ring+Stamina+HP is enough. But I do get you. After the tenth defeat I also thougt about giving up since he is optional. But man, the rush you get after defeating him. Best so far in the game :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom